Reviews: rayandals

Location Philippines, Gender Male, Age 36

16th Nov 2015

The hostel is located in the far much quieter section of Kyoto (south of Kyoto station) but a 10-minute walk to the Kyoto station (or alternatively a quick bus ride towards Shijo Kawaramachi) could bring you to the city center in no time. I like the friendly and helpful staff. I really wished I could stay longer in Kyoto. Both the sleeping rooms and bathrooms are clean.

Thank you for a great review! Hope you could enjoy Kyoto despite rainy weather :) We would be happy to welcome you again in our guest house!

Anne Hostel Yokozuna, Tokyo, Japan
12th Nov 2015

I've stayed in different hostels in Tokyo and I must say, this is so far the best. It's very near a JR station (Ryogoku), where there are lots of restaurants to choose from with a number of 24/7 convenience stores around the neighborhood. The bathrooms and toilets are very clean. I will definitely stay here again!

8th Mar 2014

The staff were very helpful, as they gave valuable tips on how to spend my 3-day stay in Hualien. They also know where to get cheap yet tasty meals around the city center, and even encouraged a lone traveler like me to mingle with the other guests at the hostel. The toilet and shower rooms are very clean, and the lounge area was spacious and lively. Only issue I guess was that there was no ready laundry services in the hostel (though there's one cheap shop nearby). I will surely stay here again.

Chez Kiki, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
6th Mar 2014

I really liked the atmosphere over the Chez Kiki Hostel in Kaohsiung, I didn't even feel that I was staying in a backpackers' inn -- it felt like I was staying in a house. Nato and his dog Kiki were very hospitable and helpful. Nato had identified all the good yet cheap restaurants in the area, and gave tips on how to spend my two precious days in Kaohsiung. I will definitely stay here again, if given a chance.

City Hut 1828, Tainan, Taiwan
3rd Mar 2014

The hostel is within the Chengkong University grounds so it definitely has a "youthful" atmosphere around. The transportation system around Tainan isn't as extensive as the ones in Taipei and Kaohsiung hence it might be difficult to go around the place (though the hostel offers bike rentals). The staff are very friendly and the bathrooms and toilets are very clean.

Assemble! Backpackers, Chiayi, Taiwan
28th Feb 2014

My three-day stay in Chiayi would have been a bit uneventful if it were not for the help of the hostel owners. Markus and Vicky really helped me in finding the best restaurants and tour spots around Chiayi. They are so accommodating and friendly, I somehow felt that I had a foster family in south Taiwan.

Lamb Tour House, Taipei, Taiwan
19th Feb 2014

Staying near the Taipei Main Station has its pros and cons. Food and transport around Taipei (and even around Taiwan!) are just a stone's throw away. However, be prepared with the noise of the scooters as a new day begins. This hostel is very near two MRT stations so it wasnt difficult to have a tour around Taipei. Of course, there are a lot of hostels near the Taipei main station and what gives this hostel an edge would be the wonderful and helpful staff. Keep it up, guys!

17th Feb 2014

Definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in my entire traveling life. Good location (close to a train station which has access to the Kansai airport), very clean bathroom and toilet (heated seats with buttons!), and a place to secure your valuables are really worth more than the price I paid for my stay. Best memories are at the 4F lounge, where I got to interact with the other travelers. I wish I could've stayed longer!

13th Feb 2014

Third time's a charm. The interactions at the fifth floor lounge were worth remembering.

30th Jan 2014

It is my second time to visit Kyoto and second time to stay at A-yado. The location is very good, since it is situated right at the heart of historic Gion district. Some notable temples can be reached by walking, while a number of them can be reached by Bus no. 206 which pass by the nearest bus station. I liked the dynamics of the people staying there when I was there. I really wish I could stay longer.

Thank you for your comment. We were really to happy to see you again. We had a really good time with you. Thank you!! Well, our location is one of best area in Kyoto. It is easy to go the famous temples by walk and bus. We hope we will see you again!!

Dragon King Hostel, Beijing, China
15th Jan 2014

The main items I like in this hostel would be (1) the location and (2) the price. With just around 200 meters away from Zhangzihonglu Line 6 station, it is very easy to go around Beijing through the subway. The place is also near Dongsi area, where one can eat and shop anytime. The price of the stay would be a value for your money too. I would also like to commend the staff for being helpful, especially that it''s a bit difficult to go around Beijing at such a cold temperature.

Wake Up! Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia
15th Jun 2013

Very good location, as this is just a walk away from the Sydney Central Station hence one could go to the major points of Sydney in one train ride. Security of the place is also good.

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
20th Jan 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hostel. At $18 per night for a single occupancy room, I got myself better service and better set of amenities than a 3-star hotel. The hostel is located not too far from the Old Market and Pub Street, so one could have a leisurely walk (or hire their bike for free) and reach the place in about 5 minutes. My tuk-tuk driver was very polite and patient. I will stay in this hostel if I go back to Siem Reap again.

Sp@Itaewon Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
27th Oct 2012

The biggest pluses in staying in this guesthouse would be two: (1) good location since it's within Seoul's premier hangout area and (2) superb staff. I have to give my accolades to Nemanja for making it a point to make the guests feel at home and Alex for helping out with the Korean stuff (e.g., ordering food delivery, browsing through Korean sites to get the best deals, etc). I will surely go back here again and hang out with the cool gang.

8th Apr 2012

This is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed. Very helpful staff and the rooms and the toilets (with heated seats!) are clean. Though the nearest stations aren't part of the JR line, it is indeed a plus that one of them has a direct access to the Narita Airport. The neighborhood (Kuramae-Asakusa area) also has lots of things to offer, and finding good Japanese restaurants isn't a problem. Overall, one of my favorites in Japan!

5th Apr 2012

The biggest plus for this hostel is its location. Its nearest bus station has a direct access to the Kyoto Train Station. As this is also in the Gion district, there are a lot of attractions within walking distance (my favorite is definitely the beautiful Shimbashi street, which is just one block away from the hostel). The hostel is equipped with an elevator so it's easy to bring your luggage around. The staff were very helpful too. Highly recommended!

Thank you for your comment. Our location is one of best location in Kyoto as you said. We hope you visited many place. Also we had a good time with you here. Thank you!!

TEN Backpackers Osaka, Osaka, Japan
4th Apr 2012

TEN Backpackers Osaka was the first stop in my first Japan trip and they did not disappoint. I arrived beyond 11pm and the staff really went out of her way to assist me in finding the place. The bedrooms were nice, very Japanese and the toilet was very clean. I highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your great comments and wonderful scoring.We are glad you felt the cleanliness of the room and toilet.We continue to try to keep it. Thank you for your coming to our hostel and staying with us.We hope to see you again!

Tree House Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan
7.7
17th Apr 2011

I stayed in this hostel for 2 major considerations: the bathrooms are clean and it is just a 2-minute walk from the MRT Guting station (which has the same line as Beitou, the Flora Expo, Chiang-Kai-Shek Memorial and Taipei Main Station). I do find that what I paid was really value for money, considering that they also have free wi-fi. My only drawback I guess is that the hostel too much rules which might turn off other people.

Academy Hostel, Florence, Italy
4th Apr 2011

This is by far the best European hostel that I've gone to. The location is just a 30-second walk to Il Duomo and therefore very close to the city center. The staff were very helpful to provide tips around Florence especially that am staying in the city for only 2 days. Keep it up!

Funny Palace Hostel, Rome, Italy
2nd Apr 2011

What I like about this hostel are two things: the security and the accessibility to central Rome. It is about a 5-minute walk from Roma Termini terminal and therefore easy to go around Rome either by bus, metro or walking. The staff were also helpful. Keep it up!

11th Feb 2010

I have to admit, staying in this hostel was one of my greatest surprises in my Paris vacation. The hostel was newly-renovated, offers decent breakfast, good room security system, and free WiFi. The hostel is situated away from downtown but a five-minute walk to the Metro would bring you directly to the Louvre in just 11 stops (around 30 mins). The staff are great and very helpful. If I come back to Paris, I will definitely stay again at St. Christopher's.

Shelter City, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.7
8th Feb 2010

This hostel is packaged as a Christian hostel right in the midst of Amsterdam's red light district. Despite of the "wild" environment outside its doors, the hostel has a very homey attitude. I only have two comments for this hostel: the lockers are quite small so my things didn't much fit [not to mention that they are placed outside the room as the room is a bit small]; and the bathroom and toilet are quite far from the rooms and the stalls are small to keep your clothes dry.

8.0
10th Apr 2009

The host has a very pleasing personality, and will be willing to share his thoughts about Edinburgh. There are just no lockers inside the beds that's why i am quite not impressed by their security. But the location is good, just a good 10-minute walk from the Waverley Station.

Hanoi Legend Hotel, Hanoi, Vietnam
26th May 2008

Our vacation to Hanoi had been relatively stress-free, thanks to the staff of the Ngoc Minh Hotel. As budget travelers, we were just expecting the basics (private room, clean toilets), but were impressed by the extras. I do commend the attitude of the hostel staff to their customers. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and were also kind enough to arrange our Halong trip. All in all, I recommend this hotel for your stay in Hanoi.

24th Jan 2008

The staff are very friendly, willing to help someone who isn't really good in speaking Chinese. Keep it up!

what you wrote is such an encourge to us!Wish you visit here again!