Reviews: Twaize

Location: Denmark, Gender: Male, Age: 26

Tropic Inn

Colombo, Sri Lanka

A very bland place, though it'll work if you need somewhere to stay. Be careful in the dorm room, lax security abound.

• 6th May 2013

Royal Hostel Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

Absolutely loved the place, and the fantastic staff. The location is fantastic, right in Chinatown, easy access to all of Singapore, and two minutes from cheap and delicious foodstalls.

• 2nd May 2013

Sunny Guest House

Yuanyang, China

Pretty damn hard to find, at least in the dark. When you arrive in Duo Yi Shu, not Xinjie, take the path down from where the minibus/taxi leaves you, walk left at the sign to the Sunshine Inn (a different place), and just keep following that direction, Sunny Guesthouse is one of the last places.

• 13th Oct 2012

Tavern 47

Shangri-la, China

• 3rd Oct 2012
  • Denmark

STEER CLEAR, unless it is an absolute emergency.

Good hostel, worth staying at, although it is quite far from the centre of Manhattan (the local station is an express stop though)

Jazz on the City

New York, USA

Fairly average experience, keycards work like crap, but the wifi i so incredible wonderfully fast.

HI - Washington DC

Washington DC, USA

I love the location and the free events the hostel sets up, but the hostel itself is incredibly dull, the internet slower than anything you could believe, the staff distant and the room cards hardly ever work. But the location is amazing!

• 3rd Jun 2008
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Jens: Thank you for writing down your thoughts. It is nice to read that you liked the location and the free events. The hostel, itself, does have a free pool table, air hockey, and foosball, along with a Common Room for socializing and a TV room with 60" flat screen, 150+ channels, DVD, VCR, and a library of free movies. For on-site activities, we are expanding our offerings to include Bar-B-Ques (we had our first one a couple weeks ago), free concerts (we have had 3, so far) and dance performances by a local dance troop scheduled to start in the Summer. Good news about the Internet: we just installed a T-1 line, so it should be plenty fast. The key cards, however, are a continual problem. We hope to have this resolved soon. -- Mark Schneider, General Manager HI-DC

Casa Tamara

Havana, Cuba

It was closed when I arrived, so I went somewhere else.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

I have stayed at Loki, Adventure Brew and Wild Rover, and Wild rover is by far the best hostel of the 3.

The Adventure Brew Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

Got cleaned out by the cleaning crew, and the people in the reception didn't care, the hostel is also anything but central.

It's a bed...

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

The woman in the reception is the reincarnation of Hitler.

• 26th Apr 2008
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Nice, irish, good location, clean and fun

I gave a full 100% last time I stayed here, but I noticed that they don't subtract the 10% deposit, and when I asked they said they hadn't heard about it, so I am deducting it here from the previous review.

Mind blowingly wicked!

Loki Backpackers La Paz

Utter perfection!

Hostel Park Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Not much to say, just a good hostel with amazing security!

Hostel Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Absolutely perfect, this is a sublime hostel, it is perfection, and every single other hostel should try to be this good.

Kona Tau

Easter Island, Chile

The complaints about cockroaches are true, but I only saw two during my weeklong stay; besides the rest of the island is littered with them anyway. Breakfast is very basic, but Easter Island is a FANTASTIC place.

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Perfection, simply perfection and fantastic service.

El Yoyo

Valparaiso, Chile

Dirty, rundown and in a terrible condition. Needs to restock the kitchen, fix every single door or maybe just shut down.

Hi Jens! Thanks for your comments, but it is impossible to make everyone happy. This is a hostel, not a hotel. Everyone is supposed to help washing the dishes and keep it clean. May be you could have spent a few more pesos and stayed in a hotel. We try to offer a wide array of services including the free breakfast which you appeared to enjoy the morning you arrived. We pride ourselves on being an economical and fun place to stay... Perhaps that isn't the right fit for you.

Nativa Hostel

Pucon, Chile

Remember to restock the matches, I like my breakfast. Other then that, a perfectly flawless hostel!