Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 31

Elbrus Home, Kathmandu, Nepal
7.4
5th Dec 2013

Breakfast was great and good location but a bit quiet and not very social. The staff are helpful and can organise day trips etc.

The Kivi Milimani Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
5.4
29th Jun 2012

My room was not clean and the toilet had not even been flushed when I got to the room. The service was bad and I waited at reception for 20 minutes before I was checked in. I had arranged a transfer from the airport to the hotel but the driver from the hotel did not show up. The porter who showed me to my room took me inside the room, hugged me and told me he cared deeply about me. I am a young woman travelling alone and this made me very uncomfortable. On the upside, the pool area was nice.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
6.3
18th Jul 2011

The location is not great. The website says that there is a shuttle to take you to venice and santa monica beach but this is actually not true. WHen I asked about the shuttle the staff said there is no shuttle and told me that to get to venice or santa monica I would have to take two different public buses and it would take well over an hour. If I had known this I would not have stayed here, perhaps they should update their internet site and not pretend to offer services that dont exist.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Mufasa Backpackers, Johannesburg, South Africa
12th Jul 2010

Decent loungeroom and bar areas. They let me use the internet for free and the offer free pick up from the airport and will even help you out by picking you up from the shops after dark. The room was freezing cold in winter but the staff are really great.

Wombats City Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
30th Jun 2009

This hostel is good, the rooms are nice and they have lockers, only down side is sharing one bathroom between six people, would be good if there was another communal bathroom to avoid lines in the morning. Staff are really helpful.

Hostel Zeus, Athens, Greece
6.7
20th Jun 2009

The bar is good but no kitchen or common room. Good location close to train station.

Pagration Youth Hostel, Athens, Greece
7.0
10th Jun 2009

The hostel had a cool common area but on the down side there are no lockers and you have to pay for hot showers. Also the kitchen had no forks or anything to eat with. Staff were friendly and nice.

Hostel Split, Split, Croatia
7th Jun 2009

The staff and location are great and there is free internet but its a shame there is no common room or breakfast. I would stay there again.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel, San Francisco, USA
9.0
7th Feb 2008

the breakfast and free internet were great. also having a light and powerpoint for every bed is good.