Reviews: don476

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Kolpinghaus Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

It's definitely a bit of a walk from the center, but you can make it a pleasant walk along the Salzach river, which the Hostel is very close to. This also makes it very simple to find your way to and from the city. More of a hotel with dorm rooms than a hostel, as others have said, but it's clean and secure and cheap.

Very nice place, and more of a social atmosphere than some other people are saying in the reviews. The problem with this place is that all the extras are ridiculously overpriced. Foosball and Pool are the most expensive I have ever seen, and a beer that costs 2 euros on the street costs 3 euros from the cooler in the lobby. That's fairly disappointing ,but these are relatively minor complaints.

Hey Don, thank you for rating our Ho(s)tel =) Nevertheless we hope to welcome you again one day in one of our Meininger. Cheers, Nikola (reception)

Towels are free at this location even though it says they charge. Maybe I just got lucky. The lockers do not require you to bring your own lock; they work with your room RFID card key. The lockers are plenty big for a carry-on size bag and a bunch more stuff. The staff is really excellent. Great location. Very clean. Only improvements would be wifi in the rooms and better lighting in the bathroom (in my dorm there was only a 40-watt halogen spotlight in the ceiling). Good place.

Tiu Kiev Backpackers

Kiev, Ukraine

You might want to call ahead to see if they have any hot water during the time you'll be staying there. Otherwise a good place.

The Kosmonaut Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

Great place, very friendly owner and staff, lots of cool old stuff to look at. I was fortunate to be there when there was a bunch of really fun people there so I had a great time.

Atlantis Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Fairly average place but the bathrooms were pretty sweet. Not much else to say. I'd stay there again.

The Midland Youth Hostel 1

Bucharest, Romania

Good place in Bucharest. I'd stay there again.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

This was a bizarre place, but really cool. Don't bother coming back for the free dinner, it was freakin gross and took forever.

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great place... would go there again.

Hostel Enjoy

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Owner and her husband are very nice people. 100% rating for them alone! Definitely stay here!!!

Keleti Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great place to stay... I gave the location a higher rating than I might have otherwise because this place is RIGHT next to the train station (Keleti). But all the tourist spots are quite a hike away. It's not something that bothers me though. Would stay here again.

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Great place. I didn't have a chance to visit the bar downstairs but it looked like a cool place to hang out.

Chili Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Had a great time here. The staff were very accommodating when I went to my assigned room and it STUNK like BO. They gave me another room without any problems at all. I'd stay here again.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Impossible to miss this one... huge tower visible as soon as you arrive in Glasgow. Rooms are a bit dingy and some of the bathroom stuff is in disrepair but it is workable. Big common room to meet people. Decent place.

Inverness Student Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Great place, no complaints. Would stay there again for sure .

Great owner and staff, one of the best common rooms I've seen. No complaints.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

Location can be a plus if you want to get drunk and be crazy, which I guess is the point of Temple Bar. If you want to get some sleep, look elsewhere.

Marina House

Dublin, Ireland

This was a great place to stay.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Torquay Hostel

Workable place for the price in London. Nothing special at all.

Torquay Hostel

Decent hostel. Nothing really going on here. Definitely a workable place for the price in London.

I had a FANTASTIC time here! The pub downstairs was SO much fun, mostly because the awesome staff .This review is over 2 years late so I'm not sure who is still there but damn those guys were a riot. They were the highlight of my time in Brighton!

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great pub on the first floor, good staff, and free lockers. The bathrooms and rooms were cleaned daily but not very well. The huge dorm I stayed in had barely any light and it was really kind of bizarre. The location is fantastic though. Just be careful on the stairs!

Venice Rooms

Venice, Italy

Fun place to stay in a group. Great cooking facilities to save some money on dinner if you want to. Good security (locking rooms). Would stay here again for sure.

Rome City Hostel

Rome, Italy

Excellent hostel! Great atmosphere here! Met lots of cool people and had a great time every night. Clean bathrooms, good security.