Reviews: grievous_one5157

Good Garden Hostel

Tainan, Taiwan

the pillow is one of the best i've ever slept on!!!

Jimmyz Backpackers

Sapporo, Japan

jimmy's cool, doesn't talk much, but offers help when needed. the place's nice too

Time Peace Apartment

Sapporo, Japan

The toilet and the beds are a bit too small. But other than that, everything is GREAT. The staff is one of the best, so is the living room.

Great. I've been to many hostels all over the place and this is definitely one of the best, except for the location (the last metro to go into town leaves at 12:10 and the last one that comes back is around 12:40. Still it's kinda next to the metro station, so for people who are not going into town/coming back late this should be no problem. The bar they have is a great place to meet locals and foreigners- and the staff works hard to make both parties meet. Everything else too is amazing.

Thank you for your stay at toco. We wanted to talk with you more about hostels, but save it for later and hope your business will be going well. Kiri from toco.

Not bad, just that the common room can be managed better. When I arrived there I saw that there were a few local travelers but they couldn't really join the foreigners who had a few beers and were talking loud, so they left. Seems a bit sad to me that the place didn't really create an atmosphere encouraging locals and foreigners to meet. Other than that, things were fine. I'd say just good for a night's stay though.

Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

One of the staff was looking pretty pissed all the time. Other than that, I liked the unusual way the hostel was designed, the small number of travelers it could only fit- so that people could mingle well. To me the latter is all a good hostel is about, therefore my third time there.

Nice that they have a bar, so locals also gather here at night. Thing is, locals and foreigners don't really meet. I'd say they have to encourage for that to happen to make it a real good hostel. Otherwise, it'll just be two separate things: bar + hostel, each don't add to the other. Other than that, nothing really to be picky about.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel. Great staff especially, it is them that make this hostel really worth staying at!

Thank you for your wonderful review and comment!! We are happy to hear that you liked our guest house!! We love to be friend with our guest and help their travel!! See you again soon!!

When I arrived there wasn't any sheet or pillow on my bed. And the guy at the counter seemed very much in a hurry to answer my questions! There was also no wi-fi and I would have to go down to the 2nd floor in the middle of the night- I imagined it could be a bit troublesome for some other travelers. The only good thing is the location- and the late-night check-ins.

Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

It's great! I didn't check in on time but they left the door open for me. The whole place was cozy and got character- so are the staff. I am greatly inspired by how they ran the hostel and I'm def gon share some of their ideas. Finally, I'll most def visit them again! It's the people that matter, really! :)

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

Staff wasn't helpful at all when the Internet went down the first night I was there. Should have prepared for alternatives- or learn how to keep Wifi up!