Reviews: JillVelasquez

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 44

Hostel Massimo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Very nice staff, room small for 4 people but fine. Internet did not work in our room which was a big disappointment. Webpage said breakfast not included but they included it for us which was a nice surprise.

Dear Jill, I hope you had a pleasant stay at our hostel. We are very sorry for internet problem you had, but we did our best to solve that problem as soon as possible. We are looking forward seeing you in our hostel again. Hostel Massimo

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

I had booked a 3 bed room with two friends and we were given a 4 bed room for no extra cost. The room and shared bathroom were very spacious and clean. There was a free meal the night we there which was great and it was fun to talk to the young man who made the meal for us. The staff was very friendly. The hostel is not in the old city but was only a 15 minute walk. It was in the new city where the great restaurants and bars are located.

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Nice reception, good breakfast. Room was clean as was bathroom. Easy to find.

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Hostel was fine .. It was in a good location. Was a little hard to find at night. Near all major sites. Rooms were clean as were bathrooms. Members of staff were fine-nothing special but no problems of any kind.

I just finished a very nice experience staying at this hostel. While I was on the older end of the age range there, there was a mix of all ages and the younger people were very nice and friendly. I stayed in a 16 room female dorm. I found for the most part that the other women who stayed in there made a good effort to be quiet. The hostel was clean (bathrooms, rooms, kitchen, common area). The inclusion of breakfast was great and the wi-fi/computer availability was great too. I agree with some of the oth

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Kolega Guesthouse

Zadar, Croatia

We really enjoyed our 2 nights at Kolega Guesthouse. The owner was great and sat down and chatted with us. The apartment was extremely clean. There was street parking around the corner from the guesthouse that we were able to park at for the couple of days. It was a great visit.

Apartment Marin

Split, Croatia

Had a great stay at this guesthouse with my father and teenage daughter. The host met us at the ferry and went over some of the town's attractions. The rooms were big and spacious. We enjoyed our time.

Guesthouse Zakaria

Hvar, Croatia

My father, teenage daughter and I stayed at this guesthouse two nights last week. The owners were extremely helpful and accommodating. Although there were a lot of young backpackers, the owners kept a good control on noise and the younger people were all pretty nice too. Be prepared for a lot of steps but even that wasn't a big deal. Good value for the money.

Our family stayed at the Dizzy Daisy for 3 nights in a private, 3 bed. The staff (the girls - particularly the blond girl) were great upon our arrival. She could not have been more friendly/helpful - the 1st thing she said is "we don't want you to have to go anywhere else for any info" (the grouchy night shift guy was a different story). The room was fine - very clean and the bathroom sparkled. Breakfast = so so. Couldn't keep up with brewed coffee - maybe a bigger electric pot? Great stay!

YHA London Earls Court

I recently stayed at YHA Earl's Court for a conference at the Earl's Court Exhibition Center. The staff at the front desk, overall, was very helpful and friendly. This is a big and busy hostel so the bathrooms were often wet and a little dirty. Rooms were fine. I didn't find the location great as it is very far west and a lot of the sites are further east but it just meant a little more time on the metro. The neighborhood is nice though with nice restaurants, little groceries, etc.

Il Carmine

Erice, Italy

Il Carmine was a great hotel - the staff was friendly and helpful & the room was way more modern than I anticipated. The breakfast was really good and the location was good. The only trick was getting to Erice. The cable car was down so I planned to take a bus but they stopped running in the late afternoon so I had to take a taxi. Additionally, the bus to get down from Erice to Trapani only ran at 9:30 and 1:30 (maybe 1 other later in the day) so I had to cut my visit short. Plan ahead!

I just spent a couple of nights at Alla Vucciria and had a wonderful time. Claudio and Dorothea were great hosts. On the first night I arrived late and they offered to share their delicious dinner with me. On the second night they took me on a tour of the historic area of Palermo and pointed out interesting places/events that would not readily be found/available with a typical tour. The hostel is in a colorful area of the historic district and provides a true Italian experience...