Reviews: kerriemurnane2315

Hostel Nakel Yenu

El Calafate, Argentina

This hostel has adequate facilities and excellent staff. The hostel is heated, the showers are hot (although there isn't much water pressure), and there is a fully equipped kitchen. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town. The staff were really helpful and organised tours and an airport transfer for us. The rooms are basic but clean and the wi-fi worked in the dorms. It isn't flash, but I'd be happy to stay here again.

• 27th Dec 2013

Castillo Surfista Hostel

Santiago, Chile

A really well located and super clean hostel run by really friendly staff. The showers are always hot, the beds and pillows are comfortable and there are lockers to store valuables. There is a well equipped kitchen for guests to use and there are two indoor common areas as well as a backyard for socialising. Metro is 5 minutes walk away and there is a laundry and supermarket within 3 minutes walk. The place has a really good vibe, I recommend staying here.

Thanks for the compliments and safe travels!!!

Selknam Hostel

Santiago, Chile

This is a pretty average/basic hostel but it is adequate for those of us on a tight budget. The rooms are basic but clean and the showers are hot. There is a kitchen to cook some basic meals. It is a bit further from the centre of town than I'd like but it is only 5 minutes walk from the metro which will take you into town in about 10 minutes. There are lockers but I thought they were a bit insecure. The staff are helpful and cooked a communal dinner for the guests one night which was very kind!

This hostel is pretty basic but adequate for a one night stay. Positives: our double room was quite big and had an ensuite and the showers were hot. Negatives are that there is no Wi-Fi (although there is an internet café across the street) and the breakfast is woeful even by South American standards (stale bread, jam and instant coffee - definitely not worth getting out of bed for).

Hostal Sol Andino

La Paz, Bolivia

This is a well located hostel run by friendly staff. The showers were always hot and the breakfast is better than average (yoghurt, cereal, fruit, bread, tea, juice, coffee). Negatives are that there isn't a kitchen for communal use - even though food is cheap in Bolivia it would still be nice to cook some vegetables every now and then, and there isn't a communal lounge area to meet other guests. Wi-Fi worked well even in the bedrooms. Overall it is a decent place to stay for a couple of nights.

Qelqatani Hotel

Puno, Peru

I stayed here for three nights in November. It was the low season so the room only cost $US35 per night including a buffet breakfast for two people (juice, cereal, eggs, yoghurt, fruit, coffee etc.). I considered it to be excellent value. The hotel's décor is dated, but it is very clean, the shower was hot and the staff were helpful. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Hostal Varayoc

Machu Picchu, Peru

Perfectly adequate hotel/hostel for a night or two. The hotel is very clean and the showers were really hot which was lovely. The train going past the window woke me up at night, but the town on Macchu Picchu is so small I don't think anywhere would escape the train noise totally. Breakfast is very basic - just a bread roll with jam and tea and coffee.

Mama Simona Hostel

Cusco, Peru

This is a well located hostel about a 7 min walk from the historic centre & restaurants. Staff are helpful & speak English. The hostel is very clean and importantly, the showers were hot. There is a supermarket 5 mins walk away except the kitchen is very small so cooking is near impossible. This was a really quiet hostel, most people staying are either resting before or after Machu Picchu so most people are in bed by 10pm. Wi-Fi only works downstairs. I would stay here again.

Friendly and helpful staff at this very well located hostel. Supermarket only 5 minutes walk away. No hot water in the morning but plenty of hot water at night. The rooms and bathrooms were kept reasonably clean but a few extras such as soap in the toilets would be nice. Free Spanish lesson on Thursday mornings. Wi-Fi only works downstairs but it is OK. I recommend using their airport collection service if you arrive late at night. I would stay at this hostel again.

Hostel Alamo

Mendoza, Argentina

Brilliant hostel! Very clean and the staff were super helpful with giving us advice on tours etc. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

Las Rejas Hostel

Salta, Argentina

The One Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

I stayed here in a six bed dorm for two nights and found my stay to be quite comfortable although there was a bit of street noise in my room The showers were clean and had a good supply of hot water. The hostel is within walking distance of the Omnibus terminal (14 blocks) and the mini-bus terminal (about 7 Common areas are heated and there are lockers under the beds. Kitchen is small so would be hard to cook in peak tourist time. I would stay here again.

La Lechuza Hostel Rosario

Rosario, Argentina

This hostel is really well located near the centre of town. The staff were super friendly . I stayed in a ten bed dorm which was a reasonable size and quite clean. There are lockers for valuables (BYO lock as is standard practice at hostels) but you won't be able to fit your whole pack or suitcase in the locker, not that I thought security was a problem. Bathrooms were clean with good supply of hot water. Kitchen OK, but small so would be crowded in peak times. I would stay here again.

Green House Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I stayed here in a double room with my boyfriend and we even had our own little (basic) ensuite. The staff are excellent and speak English really well. Hostel located 5 min walk from bus line 120 which takes you to the Falls themselves and to the airport. Supermarkets very close too . The hostel is very clean and has two reasonably well equipped kitchens.

Garden Stone

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I stayed here for three nights in a double room with my boyfriend during a cold snap in July. It was negative 1c and there were NO heaters and not a single drop of hot water in the hostel in the three days that I stayed there. Consequently the bedroom and common rooms were like a fridge and I spent most of my time under the blankets trying not to get hypothermia. In warm weather the hostel would be great (pool and nice garden) but don't stay here if the weather is cold.

El Puesto

San Antonio de Areco, Argentina

The hostel is within walking distance of everything in San Antonio de Areco (which admittedly isn't hard as the town is so small!). The staff member of duty was really polite and helpful. The toilets and showers weren't as clean as I'd hope and the kitchen and common area are quite small and there are only two showers. There were very few guests when we were there so it wasn't a problem for us but if it was a full house it would be hard to get a shower/spot in the kitchen/seat in the lounge.