Reviews: firechild1893

Liked it here - seems to be quite popular, and booking in advance is the way to make sure you get a spot, on popular nights of the week anyway. Like the no age limit of this hostel as well.

Arsenal Tavern Hostel

I sometimes stop here when visiting London, and as hostels go it's good value. One or two of the bathrooms could do with redecorating, and I was bit saddened that I mistakenly got the key for somebody else's full locker, as locker security has always been one of the good elements of this hostel. Mistakes happen though, and for the price, it's pretty good value for London.

The Grapes

Manchester, England

Hmm, didn't say on the website they are not actually located in Manchester really at all, but in Kearsley. If you haven't got a car, isn't very easy to get to. I wasn't impressed at having to pay £20 for a taxi then into Manchester centre next morning: I might as well have payed a bit more, and stayed in Manchester city centre itself. Don't know if this was the Grapes fault at all. But beware, the address can look like it's slap bang in the middle of Manchester city centre. Beware: it's not!

• 28th Apr 2012

Astor Queensway

Found staying here fine - but then I was in one of the ensuite rooms, which I paid a little more for. Would be happy to stay in a similar capacity again - I can't speak as to how the cheaper rooms were.