Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Quite out of the way, undergoing renovations at the time we stayed - no pool, outside the reception and our room was a building site. This would have been fine however the price was fairly exorbitant for what it was, plus the staff were simply interested in squeezing money out of you rather than assisting (remember - bargain for anything you buy there). I'm used to staying in backpackers, this hotel was inferior to most places I've ever stayed.

• 1st Jan 2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused. January-February is a low season here when the weather is not hot enough to use the swimming pool - this is why we schedule maintenance works during this period.

Portus House Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Really clean, more a hotel than hostel - lovely beds, bottles of water on arrival and maps in the room. Amazing service too- We had to leave for the airport at 5am and they had organized a packed breakfast for us as we wouldn't make the free breakfast. Upgraded on our first night. Highly recommend!

• 24th Dec 2013

Wake UP! Cairo Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Great hostel, really close to the Egyptian museum. I don't usually organize tours however we organised a day-long taxi with the hostel, who quoted a really great price - we only had one full day in Cairo but were able to pack heaps in due to the assistance of the hostel owners. There's yummy cheap local food around the hostel, and the rooms were clean, with hot showers externally. The airport pick up was on time, and friendly, and the drop off rate was very fair. Fantastic place

• 26th Jan 2012

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

best hostel I think I've ever been to, it's new (only 2months old), and family run so it's safe, but the staff know all the fun things to do around town, and enjoy sharing beers with backpackers. The hostel is right next to the busy going out and shopping areas but the hostel itself is quiet, with air con, neat and clean rooms and free internet. Great!

• 10th Feb 2011