Reviews: RacheyRoo

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 31

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas

Kaunas, Lithuania

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. Comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff, hot showers, great kitchen facilities and lounge area, and fast free WiFi. Would definitely stay there again, and recommend to anyone looking for a great value for money hostel in Kaunas!

• 23rd May 2014

Yup, our WiFi is top notch:) Thanks for noticing it!

I'll start with the positives. The bathroom was clean and the shower hot and powerful. Having a good quality hairdryer in there was also a bonus. However, I didn't enjoy my stay at all unfortunately. The majority of people staying here are residents and they live in the hostel full time. It isn't somewhere to have a fun stay and meet fellow travellers, and it has an intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in a pretty horrible area.

• 26th Apr 2014

Shanti Villa

New Delhi, India

Rooms were ok, hotel was ok. We didn't get breakfast, a hairdryer, mini bar or tea & coffee facilities, & could not pay by credit card - all these are advertised as available. They also tried to charge us for the free airport pick up & only let us off when I said 'but it says it's free ' We booked a twin & a triple room but got a double & a family, and were woken by knocks on the door at 2am. it was fine for 1 night & the staff were friendly, but I wouldn't return unfortunately.

• 26th Oct 2013

Abbott Lodge Guesthouse

Dublin, Ireland

Abbott Lodge was fine - pretty small room but had a bed and and en suite so all you need! There were tea and coffee facilities and the breakfast included was good. Location-wise it was about ten mins walk from the centre so not bad. Pretty atmosphere-free but as a guesthouse rather than a hostel that's no surprise. No complaints, but no rave review either - it was fine.

Ashanti Lodge Green Point

Cape Town, South Africa

Can't fault Ashanti really - very clean, helpful friendly staff and good facilities. It's a little out of town so not great if you want to be in the thick of the party with bars etc, but within walking distance of the Waterfront and Long Street, as well as reachable by taxi so not a problem for us. Would stay there again :)

• 5th Apr 2012

Dear Rachel Many thanks for your comments, it was wonderful to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay here again. regards, Ashanti Lodge Green Point management.

Knysna Lakeside Accommodation

Knysna, South Africa

This is definitely not a "hostel" but we had a good stay... we were in the "5 bed" room, which was actually a little apartment with 1 room with a double and single bed, and another with 2 single beds. We also had a bathroom, and a kitchenette area. The owner is lovely (if a little mad... in a good way!) and was happy to help us with anything we needed. The location is good - a short walk to the waterfront area and bars etc. I'd describe it as "kooky hotel" rather than hostel, and enjoyed my time

• 31st Mar 2012

Dijembe Backpackers Hostel

Storms River, South Africa

Loved my time here - it's like a little hippy paradise with hammocks and a campfire :) The staff were friendly and the meals we bought were delicious. Enjoyed chilling out with a beer from the bar or a cuppa from the free tea and coffee facilities. They also organise activities and we did the tubing and zip wiring - great fun!

• 29th Mar 2012

Thank you Rachel for the nice feedback! Good to hear that you enjoyed Dijembe!

The private apartment was great - brilliant room, can't fault it. Also loved the bar downstairs for good value food and drinks, and the breakfast that was included was good too (cereal, toast, cheese and ham, fruit...) The hostel is right next to a U-Bahn station so really easy to get anywhere you want to, and the staff are helpful too. Would definitely stay here again if I visit Berlin in the future.

Lisbon Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Very nice hostel, bright and clean with really helpful and friendly staff and a fab breakfast :)

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I can't fault Mosaic House on it's facilities or cleanliness, and the location was good too - around a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Old Town. However, this to me is not a hostel apart from the fact it has dorm rooms. There's no communal lounge type area - only the bar/restarant area, which although nice (and pretty flash!) isn't somewhere I felt I could relax and meet fellow travellers, and the drinks and food are fairly prcey too, even with the 10% residents discount.

St Christopher's Camden

I only stayed 1 night but it was an ideal location for the gig I was seeing at The Roundhouse. Friendly staff and you get 10% off food and drinks in the attached bar which was nice! Rooms basic but absoulutely fine, 2 showers and 2 loos for a ten bed dorm, all clean. There's a drawer under the bunks for each bed but you'll need your own padlock if you want to lock it, although there's lockers in the common room you can pay for if you want/need. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in Camden :)

Hotel International

Manchester, England

I pretty much always stay here when I visit Manchester... it's good value for money, the staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is yummy and the location is ideal for the main train/metro station and Canal Street bars. Nothing fancy but it does the job :)

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

A great hostel - very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Ten minute walk into the main town wasn't too bad but if you want somewhere central this isn't it! The great hostel bar is a massive plus though, and it's open until 3am =) Free internet and breakfast too - overall, it's a great place and I'd stay there again.

It is very nice to see that you´ve enjoyed your stay here. Thank you very much!

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

Really friendly staff and a great location.Would definitly stay here again.

Tutti Frutti Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Brilliant hostel - great location and lovely staff. Excellent value for money and the breakfast is fab. I'd definitly stay here again if I'm ever back in Krakow (which I hope I will be one day!) Really reccomend this place :)

YHA London Oxford Street

Excellent location and the 24hour reception is great (especially when a 2am twix is required!). Nothing fancy, but then I wasn't after that. Would stay there again :)