Smart Hyde Park View

Was staying there during the heatwave in July. Location is quite good. The 9 bed dorm room is definitely an example of maximum usage of space in a room with 3-bed-bunk-beds, thus it was very cramped and the absent air conditioning didn't help. Overall it was OK though, you get curtains on the beds for privacy. Some of the lockers didn't work, but I didn't need them. Staff in this hostel is very nice and do a great job. It was my second stay here and I'd consider returning if I'm on a budget.

• 19th Jul 2013

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Was staying in Manchester for a couple of days in the Hatters at Hilton. The hostel is located in a nice area, maybe a bit far from the main sights, but everything important in Manchester is walking distance, so that is no problem. Overall I was satisfied, they don't have a lot of power outlets, so finding a socket to charge your mobile might be difficult. Also I wasn't too excited that you actually have to have your own lock to use the lockers, so I had to rent one at extra cost.

• 17th Jul 2013

Luna-Park Hotel

Paris, France

Overall I had a good experience, the interior and building is quite dated. I had a room facing the street which was pretty noisy (in addition to the creaking doors in the hallway). Staff was very nice and welcoming and if you want to have a room of your own you probably won't find anything cheaper that is still on a decent enough level. I might be back if I need to go to that area of Paris again.

• 11th Jan 2013

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay at Square Caulaincourt. The only thing missing are some lockers for bags, etc.

Hostel 639

Was there for just 1 day in June. Having stayed there before, I knew what to expect - considering the price it's very good (location right next to the tube station, breakfast included). Only problem this time: due to low water pressure water was only trickling out of the shower head at times. Also be sure to bring earplugs as there will be quite some noise in the rooms located to the street side.