Reviews: kbrodgesell2923

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The rooms are clean and modern, with big lockers and separate toilet from the shower which was great for a dorm room. The breakfast was big for a hostel and the kitchen nice but lacking a few cooking utensils. The staff was really helpful with things to do. The hangout spaces are awesome, from the tables on the first floor to the downstairs couch. I met some of the best people on my trip here. I would happily spend more time here.

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Hostel Alamo

Mendoza, Argentina

Hostel Alamo was helpful with booking adventures from Mendoza. Through them I went rafting - I was picked up and dropped off at the hostel. It is a bit outside the main square but walkable to everywhere including bars and restaurants. The breakfast and beds were pretty standard. They charge you to store your bag for the day after you've checked out. The hangout areas were pretty good, and if you have the right mix of people it can be a chill place to cook and hang for a night. I would go back.

Casa Volante Hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

Casa Volante was great! The staff was very helpful, especially with checking about the border crossing into Argentina. Fruit available all the time was nice, as was the coffee and tea, especially since it didn't seem like anywhere was going to include breakfast. Location is great, walkable to everything. Laid back atmosphere, communal table facilitated conversations. Under bed lockers fit a ton but are horribly annoying to use, mine kept getting stuck under the bed or would block the door.

Chilli Hostel Santiago

Santiago, Chile

Breakfast and dinner included. That's the main reason to stay here. Bfast included fruit! Dinner one night was spaghetti, the next quiche and rice. I heard Wednesday's dinner of pesto pasta and wine was good but I wasn't there for it. Hot shower, warm beds, big locker per bed but nothing fancy. Not great hangout spaces. Good location, walkable to a lot if you don't mind walking, or right by the subway. Not great for meeting people, but that could have been unlucky timing.

Aji Verde Hostel San Pedro de Atacama

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

I had the best time at Aji Verde. The yard is a great place to hang out, whether in the sun during the day or around a fire at night. The staff were friendly and helpful with figuring out excursions in and around town. It's a little far of a walk from the center of town but for the space and vibe I thought it was worth it (nothing is really that far in SP). I was in the 10 bed dorm room and it didn't feel crowded. Big lockers for each bed. Just a great atmosphere, I hope to come back one day!

Hostal La Casa de Felipe

Taganga, Colombia

La Casa de Felipe is just as chill as it looks in the pictures. There's a variety of great outdoor spaces to hang out, including a roof deck with a view of the water (beautiful at sunset). It's a bit further from the coast but nothing is that far in Taganga. Fans in the room help with the heat but the shower could be better, and lockers by the beds are small. All food and drink is for purchase, but if you're willing to spend 22,000 COP (about $11) get the filet minion! I would stay here again.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Wild Rover is the place to meet other foreigners to share more than a few beers with. It's easy to not leave the hostel, with the Irish bar, happy hour deals, pool table, and movie room. Breakfast is not much, just rolls and instant coffee/tea, but goes till noon. Meals you pay for at the bar are decent. Bathrooms are nice and dorms on the far side from the bar are quiet so you'll sleep well. Big lockers in room and smaller ones at reception with plugs for charging (need 2 locks).

Kantaya Hostel

Puno, Peru

Kantaya was a good place for a night in Puno. The shower was very hot (they said for 5 minutes, I didn't want to risk it so I just stayed in that long) but the hostel generally was freezing. The beds were hit or miss; mine was hard as a rock but my friend's was comfortable. There were no lockers but you could leave things in a room next to reception. Booking tours from the hostel was really easy, we did the Uros islands through them for 35 pesos and booked the bus to Copacabana for 35 as well.

The common area of the hostel was awesome - tv with tons of movies to chose from, pool table, bar, a variety of seating options. The showers could use some improvement. After a half day of canyoning I came back freezing and the shower wasn't working, it went from hot to no water to freezing water. Included breakfast is standard for hostels, but the oats and banana option was nice. It was really easy to book excursions from the hostel which was great. Great place to meet other travelers.

La Guayunga Hostal

Quito, Ecuador

This hostel was a great find - the beds were warm, it was reasonably priced (especially the wine carton), and the staff was very helpful with maps and advice on how to get around. they helped us find the local bus to the train station. the breakfast on the roof is fantastic! you do have to pay for it but it's not expensive and you get eggs, bacon, a roll, juice, and coffee. the roof has a great view. and old town is a great place to stay. i would go back for sure.

Hostel Mamallena

Cartagena, Colombia

I had a fantastic stay at Hostel Mamallena. The staff was friendly and helpful, the AC at night was clutch, the ensuite bathroom to the dorm was clean (although I was woken up by them cleaning it twice), the atmosphere in the courtyard was great, and the location is fantastic, right in the middle of the other hostels and bars and walkable to the old town. They'll also help you book other excursions from Cartegena. Just watch out for the parrot, she bites.

La Jangada Hospedaje

Leticia, Colombia

La Jaganda was a good place for a night in between an Amazon tour and flying up to Bogota. It was nice to not have bunkbeds but individual beds and lockers that would fit a lot near your bed, although they were all different sizes so it was first come first serve. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not far from the airport either, R$4 mototaxi or COP8000 regular taxi. If I was coming through Leticia again I would stay here, but not for an extended stay.

Hello Kristen: Thank you for your comment. We appreciate that you´ve enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the center of Leticia so if you come again we will love to show the jungle around with the tours we organize, may be next time you are going to have an extended stay with us. :) . Enjoy your trip. Thank you again.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Iguassu Guest House was really a no frills place to sleep close to the bus station. The common areas were small and not as inviting as other places, and there wasn't anywhere to lock up your backpack. The lockers were small and downstairs, but I was staying upstairs. The breakfast though was great, with lots of options. I was excited to finally see yogurt! And the location is close to the bus station but not much else.

Mango Chill

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I had a fantastic stay at Mango Chill due to the staff and atmosphere. It was a great place to be a solo traveler, I met a lot of other travelers who I toured the falls and town with. The BBQ dinner is fantastic - it's the most gourmet meal I've ever had a a hostel, and a great place to meet your hostelmates. Manu has the best energy and is so helpful with figuring out what to do, in the falls or just in town. I would definitely go back here.

Viva Hostel Design

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I had a great stay at Viva Design Hostel. The hostel was very clean and really thought of what its guests needed. The lockers were large enough to store my entire backpack, and the outlets in the lockers and in each individual bed are brilliant. The cubby beds really do feel like you have your own room in a dorm. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, they made you feel like it was home. The location is great for the Metro and for the fun on Vila Madalena's main street.

Living Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Living Lounge is the best hostel I've stayed in. The atmosphere was wonderful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean (and great shower pressure), the location is perfect, and the staff was helpful and informative. Antonio's city tour and dinners were a highlight. 8 euro for so much delicious food! I only wish I could have seen more rooms, discovering how they were decorated was so fun. My friends and I all loved our stay and can't wait to go back!

Cracow Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The apartment was terrific and the bathroom was modern and clean (great shower pressure). The view was unbeatable! The staff brought breakfast to the room every morning, at whatever time you requested. The staff was very helpful with getting tickets and information about tours to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. It can be very noisy at night with its location and the travelers staying in the dorm rooms, but the location and apartment are definitely worth it. I had a great stay in Krakow!