Reviews: kbrodgesell2923

Kantaya Hostel

Puno, Peru

Kantaya was a good place for a night in Puno. The shower was very hot (they said for 5 minutes, I didn't want to risk it so I just stayed in that long) but the hostel generally was freezing. The beds were hit or miss; mine was hard as a rock but my friend's was comfortable. There were no lockers but you could leave things in a room next to reception. Booking tours from the hostel was really easy, we did the Uros islands through them for 35 pesos and booked the bus to Copacabana for 35 as well.

The common area of the hostel was awesome - tv with tons of movies to chose from, pool table, bar, a variety of seating options. The showers could use some improvement. After a half day of canyoning I came back freezing and the shower wasn't working, it went from hot to no water to freezing water. Included breakfast is standard for hostels, but the oats and banana option was nice. It was really easy to book excursions from the hostel which was great. Great place to meet other travelers.

La Guayunga Hostal

Quito, Ecuador

This hostel was a great find - the beds were warm, it was reasonably priced (especially the wine carton), and the staff was very helpful with maps and advice on how to get around. they helped us find the local bus to the train station. the breakfast on the roof is fantastic! you do have to pay for it but it's not expensive and you get eggs, bacon, a roll, juice, and coffee. the roof has a great view. and old town is a great place to stay. i would go back for sure.

Hostel Mamallena

Cartagena, Colombia

I had a fantastic stay at Hostel Mamallena. The staff was friendly and helpful, the AC at night was clutch, the ensuite bathroom to the dorm was clean (although I was woken up by them cleaning it twice), the atmosphere in the courtyard was great, and the location is fantastic, right in the middle of the other hostels and bars and walkable to the old town. They'll also help you book other excursions from Cartegena. Just watch out for the parrot, she bites.

La Jangada Hospedaje

Leticia, Colombia

La Jaganda was a good place for a night in between an Amazon tour and flying up to Bogota. It was nice to not have bunkbeds but individual beds and lockers that would fit a lot near your bed, although they were all different sizes so it was first come first serve. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not far from the airport either, R$4 mototaxi or COP8000 regular taxi. If I was coming through Leticia again I would stay here, but not for an extended stay.

Hello Kristen: Thank you for your comment. We appreciate that you´ve enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the center of Leticia so if you come again we will love to show the jungle around with the tours we organize, may be next time you are going to have an extended stay with us. :) . Enjoy your trip. Thank you again.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Iguassu Guest House was really a no frills place to sleep close to the bus station. The common areas were small and not as inviting as other places, and there wasn't anywhere to lock up your backpack. The lockers were small and downstairs, but I was staying upstairs. The breakfast though was great, with lots of options. I was excited to finally see yogurt! And the location is close to the bus station but not much else.

Mango Chill

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I had a fantastic stay at Mango Chill due to the staff and atmosphere. It was a great place to be a solo traveler, I met a lot of other travelers who I toured the falls and town with. The BBQ dinner is fantastic - it's the most gourmet meal I've ever had a a hostel, and a great place to meet your hostelmates. Manu has the best energy and is so helpful with figuring out what to do, in the falls or just in town. I would definitely go back here.

Viva Hostel Design

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I had a great stay at Viva Design Hostel. The hostel was very clean and really thought of what its guests needed. The lockers were large enough to store my entire backpack, and the outlets in the lockers and in each individual bed are brilliant. The cubby beds really do feel like you have your own room in a dorm. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, they made you feel like it was home. The location is great for the Metro and for the fun on Vila Madalena's main street.

Living Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Living Lounge is the best hostel I've stayed in. The atmosphere was wonderful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean (and great shower pressure), the location is perfect, and the staff was helpful and informative. Antonio's city tour and dinners were a highlight. 8 euro for so much delicious food! I only wish I could have seen more rooms, discovering how they were decorated was so fun. My friends and I all loved our stay and can't wait to go back!

Cracow Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The apartment was terrific and the bathroom was modern and clean (great shower pressure). The view was unbeatable! The staff brought breakfast to the room every morning, at whatever time you requested. The staff was very helpful with getting tickets and information about tours to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. It can be very noisy at night with its location and the travelers staying in the dorm rooms, but the location and apartment are definitely worth it. I had a great stay in Krakow!