Reviews: somersetval7445

• England, Female, 41+
Shoestrings Airport Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
8.0
3rd Mar 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at Shoestrings. The owner, Rob, is a great guy. He personally fetched us from, and returned us to the airport, and went out of his way to be helpful. Although his hostel is in dire need of renovation, it is kept clean and tidy - and breakfast is provided too. This is not a party place, but everyone we met was very friendly. And although very close to the airport, the sound of planes did not bother us.

• somersetval7445
  • England,
Marmara Guesthouse, Istanbul, Turkey
9.3
6th Jun 2008

My daughter, sister-in-law and I were so impressed with this family-run guesthouse. The owners were extremely kind and helpful and the rooms, although small, were perfectly comfortable and beautifully decorated with Turkish tent hangings. This is a quiet and friendly establishment - no entertainments but in Istanbul not needed. Hope to go again one day. And the home-made jam is indeed delicious!