Reviews: kirikou994030

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 25

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

LOVELY staff, from the reception, to the restaurant and the the cleaning ladies. Melanie can help you to book for tours and Joseph (the security guard) is always there to help around. Delicious (but quite expensive) breakfast. Nex to restaurants and a grocery store. I wish there could be WIFI everywhere, but it is only limited to the bar/restaurant. Since there are many open air areas, it can be quite cold at night or in the morning.

• 28th Jun 2014

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

5 min walk from subway station, easy to find. Great atmosphere, lots of people around. Staff was friendly and spoke good English, ask for SUE if any problems. Could be cleaner though, wished there could have a cover for the quilt. No restaurant inside the hostel. Could be noisy at night, bring earplugs. Overall, perfect value for money !

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

This hostel was one of the best we have been ! Everything is very well organized, they have brand new kitchen and a nice japanese style common room. Very well located in downtown kyoto, next to buses and subway, grocery and restaurants. Staff were helpful and speak a good english. They provide books, maps, papers, coupons ... everything you could need ! Only think a littl disapointed about: room are very smalls, but that's Japan I guess. Rooms and common shower areas were shinny clean !

• 9th Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

We really suffered from cold in this place, even with the heater in our room it was cold. There is only one shower room (with 2 showers) in the building but it didn't cause that much problem. I wish they could have provide hot water in the toilet room, they just have cold water. Commune room + kitchen were OK, they have computer with connection. Our room was small with smelly pillows and blanket. For price we paid, I guess that was it.

• 6th Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

Cute hostel well located, close to shopping mall, post office, nanputuo temple and sea. The staff was awesome and I will miss them. They provide good breakfast and excellent coffee. Also hav a kitchette to store your food. The only bad thing was that it is not very clean, the toilet and showers and they don't clean the room everyday. But still a good place to stay and I would come back for sure.

• 13th Nov 2011

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was my 2th time there and still very satisfied. I also been to An Shan hostel before but I prefer Dragon Hostel cause the staff is A WAY more friendly and helpful. Also, stay in Mongkok is better than Tsim Tsa Tsui area cause it's less touristic. I would go back Dragon Hostel next time I go HK.

• 10th Nov 2011

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

This is a brand new eco-friendly hostel, pretty well located next to China town and about 15min walking from koreatown. They have spacious kitchen if you want to cook food and they provide free BF (bagels and cereals). We had a private room and it was a way too small ... the room was just a bed, no furniture, not even a garbage. Can be very noisy at night time

• 22nd Jun 2011
  • Globetrotter

This is a nice hostel for Sanya, good location in Dadonghai, few min walk from beach, lot of Chinese seafood resto and café with western food around. The staff is OK, some of them can are very friendly, some can be a little rude sometimes and they were not that helpful about how to get around Sanya. They offer tour but it's a little expensive. Nice thing is to rend a motobike. Not nice thing was one of their dog that bark at clients sometimes.

Ah Shan Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's my secund time to this hostel, still pretty aatisfied. I think this is the best accomodation you can have for cheap price like that. Room are small (it's HK) but clean and comfortable, they have fridge and drinking water, computers, laundry service. well located 2 min walking from MONGKONK subway station. TIPS: always keep the receipt that the reception give to you, if you lost it (like me), reception can be a little bit **rude**, but once again ... it's HK.

Hi Lauranne~ Thanks you for your stay @ Ah Shan Hostel and comment. Sorry that our reception a little " rude" . But actually she is kind and frendly ..just speak " Loud " as same as most Chinese ... Anyway , hope to see you next time ~~cheers

It was my second time there ... still very nice even if they are making some renovation right now ! Everything is very well organised and very convenient. But it is pretty cold, in the rooms (even with the aircon open) or on the way to the bathrooms ...

Thanks for your comment, welcome for the next time!

Good location near the Moon lake and railway station. But the building is no very nice, you need to get out to get to the reception or bathrooms(COLD!). Dorm are very small and would need more hanger, table or chair. Not very clean, installation are all old. No kitchen or real shared room like hostels usually have. Staff is OK but not that friendly...

Dear Lauranne Larose,thanks for your comments,and we are making our work better,and we would very appreciate if you give some suggestions via email,thanks

Saga Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

My family was stayting there for Xmas time. Good points: nice location, 10 min for metro station in a traditional hutong, a lot of tours, nice breakfast. BUT, not very clean, u HAVE to ask them if u want your room to be cleaned and it looks like they never changed garbages in shared bathroom. Staff don\'t speak English very well, some of them are very nice & friendly but some are rude. They don\'t give special prices for long time stay like chinese hostels usually do.

very nice hostel near renmin place and subway station, dorm rooms pretty big and clean. buffet breakfast for 25 yuan is a very good idea too.

Very nice hostel! They offer a lot of nice and cheap tours, have a great choice of Sichuan and western food. Staff at the reception are all very helpfull. I stayed in a 4 bed without aircon and I think that it was a little too hot and too humid so I wouln\\\\\\\'t recommend this room. Our room was clearly not clean everyday and when I asked housekeeping staff just to change garbage they got very rude and argue ...that was ordinary

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

For Hong Kong, it's very great. Rooms are VERY small but clean. They have wifi, hot water, fridge, library, computers ... The manager is very helpful also. It's may be a little more expensive than Chungking mansion's hostels but believe me, it worths it to come here!!

Qian Men Hostel

Beijing, China

It was my second time in Qian Men and I still like it a lot. They have everything you need of a hostel and the place is very friendly. Location excellent just near Tian\'an\'Men and metro station. Manager Kane is very helpful. It\'s a little bit noisy in the rooms at night time.

One of the best hostel we ever been to. The lobby is as nice as the other reviews say. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The building style is very nice and the privates rooms are spacious. WIFI was working very well and we had our 1 beer a day. Only bad thing: western food here is expensive and portions are too small.

Square Youth Hostel

Xi'an, China

This hostels is very far from the center of Xian and it took us 1hr to find it. The toilets are dirt and about the shared showers, you have to take it in front of the others.... The staff don't speak very good English and they don't have a lot to offer. Don't have guest kitchen, don't have dryer machine. We had the traditional chinese room, who was pretty nice with a chinese bed. But if you want to stay longer, the price get higher for the same room.... I would not recommand it.

The best thing about this hostel: location, 5 real min. walk from the railway and bus stations. BUT, it\'s more a hotel than a hostel. NO wifi internet, NO guest kitchen NO restaurant, a small lobby with smoking workers. Still underconstruction but it wont affect your stay. Private rooms are comfortable. Staff is helpful but not that friendly. I would recommend it even though they dont provide all the things an usual hostel would.

hi i am manager in this hostel . we are sorry for making you not enjoy staying here very much. we will make better service for our guests and welcome you come here again. have a nice trip.

Frienldy staff even if though they don\'t speak fluent english. We had difficulty (!!) to find the place, it\'s in a back street. You should better copy the chinese caracter that they give on their directions and ask locals and follow the HI symbol. They don\'t really have a guest kitchen and you can\'t store your food.

thank you for you comments,because it\'s in a back street .so it is a little difficulty to find our hostel.but the street will be ok next month.and it will be easier to find us,actually we have a refrigerator in kitchen which can store guest's food

The Tropics is a very nice hostel. The staff... espacially ULYSSE-ELICE-TIM and DAMIAN are very nice. I would definatly go back. The location is great (1 minute away from the beach). GENEE.

Sport 2 Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

It it not an hostel, it\'s an hotel ! The rooms are luxurious with aircon. The staff is very friendly and they can cook you breakfast for almost nothing.

The staff help us to find a cruise on the Yangse river. They were all doing their best to help us. The hostels is very beautiful ... and has western toilet !

Thank you .we will still hoiding on helping our frens.Hope you have a nice trip.

Qian Men Hostel

Beijing, China

The staff speak english and are very accomodable. The rooms are ok and quiet. The hostel location is just near all the Beijing principal attraction and you can find a lot of restaurant and grocery near the hostel. I would came back there for sure