Reviews: lagringa20075128

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 31

Pensión Kaixo, San Sebastian, Spain
6th Aug 2016

Very clean hostel. I liked that there were power points next to the beds, and the safes were a great idea. My main problem is that since this hostel is right in the centre of town, it can get incredibly noisy at night. With the window closed, it was much too hot in the room. With it open, the noise levels were almost unbearable.

Rodamon Barcelona Centre, Barcelona, Spain
21st Jun 2016

Had an excellent time at Rodamón. This was actually my second time there. I just wish that the bathroom lights weren't on a timer and that the ventilation in the rooms was better. Having only one fan and not being able to open the window is not enough.

Hostel Ciudadela 7, Pamplona, Spain
29th Apr 2016

Very clean, nice and quiet, and excellent atmosphere. Unfortunately, I had to give a low rating for security because someone had the gall to open my sealed carton of orange juice, which I had left in the fridge to chill overnight. Labels for food would have prevented this problem. So would labels on the cupboards in the kitchen, for that matter. It took me at least 15 minutes to find a plate and cutlery. Also, there weren't any bowls.

Jam Hostel Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
21st Mar 2016

Overall, I had an excellent time at the Jam. The staff were very helpful, and everything was sparkling clean. My only complaints were that the lockers were a little bit finicky, there weren't enough hooks to hang coats, etc, and there were some flowers in the hall. I didn't realise they were real until my last day, but it would explain why I was sneezing the entire time I was there (I'm allergic to flowers).

Rodamon Barcelona Centre, Barcelona, Spain
29th Dec 2015

Overall, I had a great time at Rodamón. This is the perfect hostel for people who don't like parties and/or loud noises. Just a couple of things I would change: 1. The top bunk bed was really hard to get into. The ladder was in a weird spot between the wall and the bed. 2. Hostelworld's website led me to believe breakfast was included in the room rate. It wasn't - you might want to change that. 3. The lights in the toilets kept switching off a bit sooner than I would have liked.

Pars Tailor's Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
22nd May 2014

This hostel is in an excellent location. If you enjoy nice architecture/décor like I do, then you'll love the sewing machine tables and other sartorial accessories. I also appreciated the fast wi-fi and individual power points next to the beds. My only complaints are that one the night staff members was a bit rude, the bins weren't emptied enough, the room doors slammed easily, there wasn't enough non-perishable food storage space, and there weren't any pens in the kitchen to label your food.

Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
15th May 2014

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever been in (clean toilets as well!). I also appreciated the very fast wi-fi, the vast number of power points in the room, and the extremely helpful staff. However, the lockers were a bit unstable, the common room lacked atmosphere (& too dark - no windows), and the air freshener in the toilet kept spraying me in the eyes. It also would have been nice if the rubbish bins in the rooms were emptied more frequently.

YHA London Holland Park, London, England
7th Jun 2013

I've stayed at this hostel before, and I really like it. Everything about the experience was good (the opera in the park was a nice bonus), except that one of the cleaners was rude to me (hence the average staff rating), the temperature control on the shower was unresponsive, and there were some children making excessive amounts of noise at some uncivilised hour on a Saturday morning.

MEININGER London Hyde Park, London, England
20th Mar 2013

Unbelievably clean rooms and very helpful staff. My only complaint is that there weren't enough coat hooks. Also, if I have to pay for breakfast, it would be nice to have soya milk available.

The Monkeys in the Trees, London, England
5.7
14th Mar 2013

Decent hostel. Eggs at breakfast were a nice touch, and the hostel was reasonably quiet at night, which was nice. Unfortunately, the kitchen was too small and the beds required serious acrobatic manoeuvring to get into. I also have to take off a hefty number of points off for the unbelievably awkward experience I had in the bar, and the fact that the hostel was so far from the Shepherd's Bush Tube station that you had to take the bus to get there.

YHA London Holland Park, London, England
4th Jan 2013

Pros: good location, gorgeous building, and very quiet due to the lack of a bar (which was great). Cons: Water pressure on taps and shower heads was terrible. The sink left a giant spray of water on the floor every time you tried to wash your hands. There weren't enough chairs (1 chair for a 12 person room is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of bunk beds that weren't at ground level). I also didn't like the fact that the night entrance / exit was difficult to find once the sun set.

7.4
12th Oct 2012

One of the noisiest hostels I've ever stayed at in my life. The doors to both the rooms and lockers were unbelievably noisy. Bonus points for croissants at breakfast, non-creaky beds, and super clean toilets. Overall, I wouldn't go back because of the noise and the weird atmosphere.

Hi Sabrina Thank you for your feedback. We have tried to adjust the bip sound that the lockers make but this something that is pre-set by the manufacturer. We are glad to know that you liked everything else, though! The Hillspring Lodge Team

Belsize House, London, England
8th Aug 2012

This is a very nice hostel. I was impressed that dinner was included in the price as well as breakfast. My only complaints were that the door sensor made a really loud beep every time someone held their key fob up to the sensor and that the rubbish bin wasn't emptied the entire time I was there.

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea, London, England
6.0
15th Jun 2012

Better than the last hostel, but I'm not going back, & here's why: 1. No shelves next to bunks for alarm clocks or fragile things like spectacles. 2. The doors slammed easily. Also, the back gate buzzer was so loud that it kept waking me up. 3. Chairs in the rooms would be nice - it's hard to put shoes on standing up. 4. Being in a 3 tiered bunk didn't feel very safe in terms of climbing the ladder & sleeping on the bed. 5. Breakfast & lockers weren't free - wish I'd known beforehand.

26th Feb 2012

The Astor is one of my favourite hostels, mainly because of the location and the pretty building. My only complaints were that the windows seemed really thin (you could hear the traffic outside) and the soap and loo roll dispensers in the bathroom kept falling open when I was trying to use them.

Equity Point London, London, England
3.4
3rd Jan 2012

I know there are better hostels out there. Equity Point isn't one of them. – The room was extremely small, and there wasn't enough room to move around without bumping into someone or something. – The tub kept flooding, there was no soap in the loo the entire time I was there, and it was very dirty, despite claims of frequent cleaning. – The beds creaked, the rubbish was emptied far too infrequently, and everything in the room seemed as though it would break at any minute.

The Riverhouse Backpackers, Cardiff, Wales
20th Apr 2011

Great hostel. The pillows were a little strange, and it was nice to know that in advance thanks to this site. My only real complaint (if you can call it that) is that the washing up liquid in the kitchen made my hands itch. I also liked how clean everything was, and the cat is adorable.

3rd Jan 2011

I stayed at this hostel about 2 years ago, and liked it so much that I came back the next time I was in London. However, I'm taking off a few percentage points because the loos weren't as clean as I would have liked them to be.

12th Jan 2009

The Astor Hyde Park is absolutely amazing. It's in a really nice part of London, which is especially nice if you're going there by yourself. The staff were friendly, the breakfasts were great (not just toast and jam like at some hostels I've been to), and the beds were very comfortable. The only complaint I have is that there weren't any chairs in the room I was staying in, which made it a bit difficult to tie my shoes properly.

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
8.7
30th Sep 2008

Castle Rock is incredible. I met some amazing people there on a pub crawl organized by the hostel who I hope to stay in touch with. The only complaints I have were that the bathrooms were a bit dirty, the continental breakfast was a bit of a rip off, and the window in my room kept slamming against the paneling. Other than that, it was an amazing place, and I'd love to go back.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
7th Jul 2008

This hostel is amazing. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating, and I had an excellent time. I loved that the hostel had different activities every day, so I got to meet other people staying in the hostel, which was really nice. The only complaint I have is that directions from the Canterbury East train station were a bit confusing.

Globetrotter Inn London, London, England
15th Jun 2008

It would have been nice if they had provided napkins at breakfast. Also, the food in the bar wasn't very good. On the other hand, the rooms were nice, and I liked that the beds had privacy curtains around them.

Bath Backpackers, Bath, England
6.3
30th Mar 2008

The beds were really creaky, which I found annoying, as I move quite a bit in my sleep. I was also quite annoyed that no one had told me in advance that the deposit at Bath Backpackers had to be in cash.

St Christopher's Inn Bath, Bath, England
6.0
27th Mar 2008

The mattress was incredibly lumpy and uncomfortable. It was also difficult to sleep because there was a bar underneath the hostel, which made it really loud late at night.