Reviews: lagringa20075128

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Tailor's Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is in an excellent location. If you enjoy nice architecture/décor like I do, then you'll love the sewing machine tables and other sartorial accessories. I also appreciated the fast wi-fi and individual power points next to the beds. My only complaints are that one the night staff members was a bit rude, the bins weren't emptied enough, the room doors slammed easily, there wasn't enough non-perishable food storage space, and there weren't any pens in the kitchen to label your food.

One of the cleanest hostels I've ever been in (clean toilets as well!). I also appreciated the very fast wi-fi, the vast number of power points in the room, and the extremely helpful staff. However, the lockers were a bit unstable, the common room lacked atmosphere (& too dark - no windows), and the air freshener in the toilet kept spraying me in the eyes. It also would have been nice if the rubbish bins in the rooms were emptied more frequently.

YHA London Holland Park

I've stayed at this hostel before, and I really like it. Everything about the experience was good (the opera in the park was a nice bonus), except that one of the cleaners was rude to me (hence the average staff rating), the temperature control on the shower was unresponsive, and there were some children making excessive amounts of noise at some uncivilised hour on a Saturday morning.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Unbelievably clean rooms and very helpful staff. My only complaint is that there weren't enough coat hooks. Also, if I have to pay for breakfast, it would be nice to have soya milk available.

The Monkeys in the Trees

Decent hostel. Eggs at breakfast were a nice touch, and the hostel was reasonably quiet at night, which was nice. Unfortunately, the kitchen was too small and the beds required serious acrobatic manoeuvring to get into. I also have to take off a hefty number of points off for the unbelievably awkward experience I had in the bar, and the fact that the hostel was so far from the Shepherd's Bush Tube station that you had to take the bus to get there.

YHA London Holland Park

Pros: good location, gorgeous building, and very quiet due to the lack of a bar (which was great). Cons: Water pressure on taps and shower heads was terrible. The sink left a giant spray of water on the floor every time you tried to wash your hands. There weren't enough chairs (1 chair for a 12 person room is ridiculous, especially considering the amount of bunk beds that weren't at ground level). I also didn't like the fact that the night entrance / exit was difficult to find once the sun set.

One of the noisiest hostels I've ever stayed at in my life. The doors to both the rooms and lockers were unbelievably noisy. Bonus points for croissants at breakfast, non-creaky beds, and super clean toilets. Overall, I wouldn't go back because of the noise and the weird atmosphere.

Hi Sabrina Thank you for your feedback. We have tried to adjust the bip sound that the lockers make but this something that is pre-set by the manufacturer. We are glad to know that you liked everything else, though! The Hillspring Lodge Team

Belsize House

This is a very nice hostel. I was impressed that dinner was included in the price as well as breakfast. My only complaints were that the door sensor made a really loud beep every time someone held their key fob up to the sensor and that the rubbish bin wasn't emptied the entire time I was there.

Queen Elizabeth Chelsea

Better than the last hostel, but I'm not going back, & here's why: 1. No shelves next to bunks for alarm clocks or fragile things like spectacles. 2. The doors slammed easily. Also, the back gate buzzer was so loud that it kept waking me up. 3. Chairs in the rooms would be nice - it's hard to put shoes on standing up. 4. Being in a 3 tiered bunk didn't feel very safe in terms of climbing the ladder & sleeping on the bed. 5. Breakfast & lockers weren't free - wish I'd known beforehand.

Astor Hyde Park

The Astor is one of my favourite hostels, mainly because of the location and the pretty building. My only complaints were that the windows seemed really thin (you could hear the traffic outside) and the soap and loo roll dispensers in the bathroom kept falling open when I was trying to use them.

Equity Point London

I know there are better hostels out there. Equity Point isn't one of them. – The room was extremely small, and there wasn't enough room to move around without bumping into someone or something. – The tub kept flooding, there was no soap in the loo the entire time I was there, and it was very dirty, despite claims of frequent cleaning. – The beds creaked, the rubbish was emptied far too infrequently, and everything in the room seemed as though it would break at any minute.

Great hostel. The pillows were a little strange, and it was nice to know that in advance thanks to this site. My only real complaint (if you can call it that) is that the washing up liquid in the kitchen made my hands itch. I also liked how clean everything was, and the cat is adorable.

Astor Hyde Park

I stayed at this hostel about 2 years ago, and liked it so much that I came back the next time I was in London. However, I'm taking off a few percentage points because the loos weren't as clean as I would have liked them to be.

Astor Hyde Park

The Astor Hyde Park is absolutely amazing. It's in a really nice part of London, which is especially nice if you're going there by yourself. The staff were friendly, the breakfasts were great (not just toast and jam like at some hostels I've been to), and the beds were very comfortable. The only complaint I have is that there weren't any chairs in the room I was staying in, which made it a bit difficult to tie my shoes properly.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Castle Rock is incredible. I met some amazing people there on a pub crawl organized by the hostel who I hope to stay in touch with. The only complaints I have were that the bathrooms were a bit dirty, the continental breakfast was a bit of a rip off, and the window in my room kept slamming against the paneling. Other than that, it was an amazing place, and I'd love to go back.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

This hostel is amazing. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating, and I had an excellent time. I loved that the hostel had different activities every day, so I got to meet other people staying in the hostel, which was really nice. The only complaint I have is that directions from the Canterbury East train station were a bit confusing.

Globetrotter Inn London

It would have been nice if they had provided napkins at breakfast. Also, the food in the bar wasn't very good. On the other hand, the rooms were nice, and I liked that the beds had privacy curtains around them.

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

The beds were really creaky, which I found annoying, as I move quite a bit in my sleep. I was also quite annoyed that no one had told me in advance that the deposit at Bath Backpackers had to be in cash.

The mattress was incredibly lumpy and uncomfortable. It was also difficult to sleep because there was a bar underneath the hostel, which made it really loud late at night.