Reviews: toenail3000

Location: England, Age: 28

�zmen Pension

Antalya, Turkey

The staff at Ozmen Pension were fantastic - they prepared an early (delicious) breakfast for us when we had to leave before the normal breakfast start time and were very helpful in sorting out a transfer to Antalya airport for us when we left. The one down-side to the hotel was that the rooms were quite old fashioned and in need of a bit of renovation. They were clean and functional but compared to some other hotels in this price range, they were a bit tired.

• 11th Apr 2013

Taipei NTU House

Taipei, Taiwan

It\'s quite hard to find, so make sure you print off a detailed map, and it looks a lot worse from outside but when you find it, it\'s a good, clean room in a lively area. The staff were really helpful too, helping me to book a taxi and letting me use his phone to call my airline when I needed to.

BlueHi Hostel

Kenting, Taiwan

Not really a hostel as such, more a collection of rooms in a block of flats but the room we had was immaculate and had better facilities than anywhere else we stayed in Tawan. Be aware that it\'s in Hengchung rather than Kending itself so you have to get off the bus earlier and isn\'t immediately on the beaches if that\'s what you\'re looking for, but it\'s a great place to explore the area from. Joey (the owner) was really helpful too! I would definitely recommend it...

Andrew , thank you for your comments! Hope you visit BlueHi again & have a good 2011 also~Joey

Sanduo Hotel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

A nice hotel situated in a decent location. In many ways it\'s just like every other hotel but it was a good room and the staff were always helpful, and it was about the same price as the other hostels around. I would definitely recommend it, especially as there aren\'t that many other options in Gaoxiong

Taroko 18 Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

It was a bit difficult to find but what a find when we got there! This is more of a homestay than a typical hostel and is probably not for you if you\'re looking for lots of nightlife but we loved it. The owners were friendly and looked after us and we essentially had a house to ourselves (with a roof terrace and a lounge with a massive tv included!). If you\'re looking for a nice place to stay and explore Taroko Gorge from then I can\'t recommend this enough.

This is a well-located hostel right near the train station but it is a bit faded and past its best. When we were there one of the showers was always cold and one of our beds had bed bugs! The staff were really helpful but that didn\'t really make up for the bad things! There are definitely better places out there for the same price...

Nice enough hostel, a bit out of the way but in a decent area. Staff were helpful and spoke good English