Reviews: Lea-on-Tour

Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 27

We had a private room and stayed in an appartment outside the actual hostel but right in the city center. Location is excellent. But I must say the staff was quite unfriendly and didn't really talk to us. The guy who was leading us to the appartment was walking ahead of us and didn't even once turn around to see if we were still following him. He didn't talk to us at all. Also the bathroom was flooded after one person had used the shower.

• 17th Sep 2013

Buba House

Barcelona, Spain

We had a nice stay at Buba House. Our private room was located in the apartment two floors from the "main" apartment (with dorms). The wi-fi connection was pretty good tho! Our room was quite hot but they gave us a big fan which helped a great deal. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good with toast, jam, cereals, and eggs. Location is great, too - it takes about 8-10 min to walk to Pla├ža de Catalunya.

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

The location is really good! 5 min walk from the tube station and close to bars and supermarkets (Tesco is across the street). Very friendly staff.

• 30th May 2013

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

Staying at Ka'beh was awesome! I had a great time here and met many cool people. The staff is amazing, they're all making sure you're having a good time and they even go out partying with u! Making Guacamole with Sam was super fun ;D

• 19th Nov 2012

La Cigana

Tulum, Mexico

I had a very good time staying here. The location is perfect and I met many other cool travellers staying here. The breakfast is very good. Lea is a great host!

• 17th Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

I had a very good time staying here. Neill & his wife are very friendly owners and very helpful.

• 13th Nov 2012

The Terrace Hostel

Antigua, Guatemala

I loved staying here!! Perfect location, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast! I met many awesome people here and the roof top bar is good fun! Only one thing, they don't have many bahrooms/showers here. Everything else was perfect.

• 8th Nov 2012

El Hostalito

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Very good location, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast! Many bathrooms with showers. Make sure you speak at least a little Spanish when staying here (;

• 5th Nov 2012

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Good location, very friendly staff, great breakfast!

• 3rd Nov 2012

Hostel Cathedral

Mexico City, Mexico

I had a very good time staying here. The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly and helpful!

• 1st Nov 2012

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

We totally loved staying at the Loft! We had such a good time here! I felt like a little family and we became a part of it immediately. The staff is excellent! We will be back definitely. I recommend this hostel to everyone who is looking for a fun place to stay. Ask them if u can join the club.

• 25th Nov 2011

Orange Drive Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

This place has a fantastic location, it's just off Hollywood Blvd!! If u wanna go Downtown or to the beaches, just take the metro or the bus which stops are just a min's walking away. Be aware tho, their breakfast is cereals (bring your own milk!), u have to pay for wi-fi, and they have no air-con so it can get quite hot in your room. Also u'll need your time to get used to their beds since the matresses are kinda wrapped in a plastic coating. The walls are paper thin.

• 5th Sep 2011

Grand Canyon Hotel

Williams, USA

We had booked a double bed private room but they gave us a room with two single beds. Quite disappointing! Their breakfast is hot coffee and tea. This place is clean tho and the location is great, right on the Rout 66. Don't forget to check out The Sultana Bar when u're in Williams! They mix very good drinks (;

• 3rd Sep 2011

Globetrotters Inn

San Francisco, USA

We had a good time staying here. The location is great, just a min from the city, pubs, shops, etc.! Be aware that it can get a bit noisy at night when staying on the first floor since the common room/kitchen is just down the hall and people seem to meet here in the evening. So u might ask for a room upstairs.. Also the hostel has 4 showers only so u have to be early (; They have a good breakfast tho!

• 27th Aug 2011

Hostelboat Anna Maria II

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a very good time on the hostelboat. Sure, the cabins are small but not as small as I had expected. Staying on a boat is a unique experience and it wasn't shaky at all ;D The breakfast is very good and I found out that u can log into the wi-fi network of another boat for free.

• 13th Apr 2011

Zodiakus Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Zodiakus Hostel is amazing!! My friend and me spent three days/two nights in Krakow and had the best time ever. We had a very nice private room with a bunk bed, sofa, and TV. The hostel organizes activites every night - the free vodka shots are legendary :D Also the staff is lovely. They rescued me when I missed my flight and helped me to book a new flight home for the same day. (I was still too drunk to mange this on my own ^^) Thank u for everything!!

• 14th Oct 2010

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

We booked a twin private room but they gave us a 4 bed dorm. We were quite dissapointed even though it was only for us and we didn't have to share it. Also, this is a very busy hostel but the locations and security is very good. They have a huge kitchen and a nice outdoor sitting area. Staff are very friendy.

• 19th Jul 2010

Windsor Inn cork

Cork, Ireland

We loved staying at the Windsor Inn! The pub downstairs is fab, they have live music every night. They have a good choice of breakfast as well, even for veggies. Our room was nice, clean and cosy.

• 17th Jul 2010

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

We enjoyed staying here so much, we even stayed another night..! :)

• 16th Jul 2010

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

We had a really good time staying at Paddy's Palace! The security is examplary (after 10pm, someone will come out to check your ID and let you in) and the staff is welcoming & friendly. They even let us use the free airport shuttle again when we came back to Dublin 4 days after our stay! Also I ve stayed/lived in many 12 bed dorms before but never had such a quiet one. The kitchen is huge and modern. The complimentary tour to Kilkenny & Glendalough (with Shauny) was really good craic, too =)

• 13th Jul 2010

New Road Guest House

Bangkok, Thailand

be careful - i had BED BUGS in my dorm!! otherwise this s a good place to stay, a bit far from the city and khao san road tho. but u know that, when u chose thise place ^^ very friendly staff. they really keep ur luggage in their very secure luggage storage, which is great. i left my 12 kg backpack there, when i went to burma for some weeks. but their restaurant is too expensive for a backpacker.

loved this place. met many great people here. amazing: this hostel s got its own generator, so when whole hanoi had a black-out, we didn t ^^ make sure u ll book the 'rock long, rock hard' halong bay trip with these guys!! :)

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

had a good time here. very clean, nice staff. HUGE dvd collection!! free internet is a plus, too! would recommend this place :)

Jakarta Bed & Breakfast

Jakarta, Indonesia

i really enjoyed staying here, it s very clean and the owners and the staff are so nice & friendly. it s a bit out of the city which is actually a very good thing, if u know jakarta. but if u wanna go downtown and the owners are going, too, they will give u a lift! and they even have a karaoke room :D

very clean, very nice beds, good location (close to kyoto train station). helpful staff.

very nice hostel, very cosy. friendly staff and very comfy beds :D

Backpackers Miyajima

Hiroshima, Japan

this hostel is approx. 1 min walk from the ferry station to miyajima - best location! i ve had a very good sleep here and loved the japanese bbq. would come back :)

very good hostel, not too far from the metro stop. very nice and helpful stuff, they did so much for me when i was sick. arigatoo!! i have slept in better beds tho..

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

i loved this hostel! met great people here, the staff is nice and the location is good (1 min from the train stop). they have approx. 1,000 cats. would definitely come back!

98SG

Singapore, Singapore

98sg is very close to the train stop and all singapore attractions. staff is very nice, rooms are clean and breakfast is good. i recommend it!

Britannia on William

Perth, Australia

i had a very good time at the britannia and met wicked ppl. the loctaion is quite close to the pubs and clubs in northbridge and a short walk from the city. if u have ur laptop with u, u can use the free wi-fi from the library in ur room! :)

Kiwi House

Christchurch, New Zealand

kiwi house was one of my best stays in NZ! i was staying over christmas and loved it. they organized a great x-mas bbq! kiwi house really made me feel home and i met nice people. the two kitchens & all bathrooms have all facilities, even a hair dryer & scales! + it s very clean. + big dvd collection. okay, the location is a bit out of town but ppl like me who like walks will really enjoy it!

YHA Queenstown Lakefront

Queenstown, New Zealand

a nice hostel but it s a bit out of town. most of the people here are 40+ or/and from asia.

Dingos Resort

Rainbow Beach, Australia

i loved dongo s!! met the best people EVER and had the best fraser island self-drive trip EVER!! but - the kitchen is very small, and u need to rent the plates & cutley.

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

i stayed here with my friend for only two nights, but it was a very nice stay! we can recommend this backpackers coz they organizise pub crawls where u get free entry + drinks. you re living in little appartments which is very cool.

Port Macquarie Backpackers

Port Macquarie, Australia

i really enjoyed my stay at the port mac backpackers. tony the manager is so nice and i had the best sleep EVER in those very thick mattress! breaky is nice, too :) thx for everything!