Reviews: mccourtr8104

Location: Ireland, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

Lovely hostel - super clean, great staff and social without being party crazy. The only thing is that the electrical outlets in the dorm room I stayed in could have been more convenient. It's only a small detail though!

Thank you for your lovely review - and for the comments about the outlets, it's feeback like this that help us find ways to make our house better and better! Do come again!

Home Made Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Home Made Hostel is lovely and so unique! The staff are great and the atmostphere there is fab. Plus comfy beds and the place is spotless. Only drawbacks - it is small so can feel cramped and there probably aren't enough bathrooms if the place is full. Still, I loved my stay!

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Hostel Blues is lovely and has some of the best staff I've ever come across. They will really make your stay!

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

The staff were great, location was super and the hostel was lovely. My room (a 10-bed dorm) could definitely have done with more than one shower though.

Dear Ruth, Thanks for staying at us. Sorry if we didn't pass the info well, but there are two more showers on the same floor where you were. Our receptionists will be more precise about this from now on.

This is a really unique hostel with fantastic staff, rooms full of character and a good location for sightseeing in DC. I only wish I could have stayed longer than one night!

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

The staff made this place - they are fantastic. The facilities, layout and atmosphere of the place, however, left it down somewhat.

Uppsala City Hostel

Uppsala, Sweden

The hostel was very nice - very clean, nice room and good facilities - but quiet and lacking in atmosphere. There were very few people there when we stayed there, and it felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

We booked a double room, but instead got a twin with two single beds. There was no window in the room so it got really stuffy and hot at night when we slept. The kitchen was far too small and ill-equipped for the number of guests, which was very frustrating. The worst thing though was the atmosphere in the hostel, There were a bunch of older men (maybe in their 40s) who just hung around the hostel kitchen all day being loud and abrasive. It was intimidating and off-putting.

Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Really lovely hostel. The room was basic, but it had everything we needed and was spotless. We really grew to love the location - Prenzlauer Berg is a fantastic area. Staff were lovely too. nothing to complain about really. Thank you, Alcatraz!

• 20th Jun 2012

Knockree Hostel is lovely, spacious and well-equipped with great staff and beautiful views over the countryside.. The location is perfect for hiking in the Wicklow Mountains.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

location was good, the hostel was clean, staff were really friendly, beds were comfy and the common area was great. no complaints!

B&B La Mimosa

Pisa, Italy

B&B La Mimosa was amazing. It was absolutely spotless, the rooms were gorgeous and the owner, Maria, was great. She even drove me into Pisa on my first morning there. Breakfast was delicious - cakes, biscuits, pastries, cereal, juice, yoghurt... Everything you could ask for!