Great hostel! The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome. There's also lots of tours put on by the hostel and lots of common space so you can meet lots of other travelers. The location is a noisy at night but that's what will happen downtown. It was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed at but SF is crazy expensive. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Rio Deal B&B

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved this hostel! The staff were super nice and so was everyone staying there. It was quiet at night but social enough that you can meet people to hang out with. Everything was very clean and the showers were actually hot for once in SA!! The only (slight!) negative that I can see is that breakfast doesn't start until 8:30, so if you're heading out early on a tour or something, you'll have to get food elsewhere. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Rio.

• 24th Aug 2013

Pousada Ecoverde

Cuiaba, Brazil

I'm a very positive reviewer BUT: "Free" transport was R$50. After protesting Joel put in 20. If it's advertized, don't renege once the customer arrives! He said the single room was being reno'd but it just seemed like someone's dingy bedroom, complete with clothes in the wardrobe. I pinned up a towel to cover a missing window pane looking onto a common area. The neighborhood was sleazy. Joel seemed sneaky & opportunistic. As a solo female, I wasn't comfortable. (I wish I had more room here!)

• 13th Aug 2013

Green House Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay at the Green House. The staff was super nice and helpful with organizing tours or giving info on how to do the trips on your own. The hostel was really clean and there were lockers for valuables. The shower was warm for South American standards :) The location is good. It's just a short walk (~5 min) to the bus to the falls and to a big grocery store. I would absolutely recommend this hostel. I also recommend getting to know the staff, they're awesome!

• 10th Aug 2013

Ecopackers

Cusco, Peru

The hostel was great. Hot water showers were sometimes hard to get around busy times, but that's just Peru :) I'd go back- in fact, I already have once!

• 10th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the beds were comfy.

• 5th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

The room was very nice and big. I was on the side of the building that faced a construction site though. It was very loud so if you want to sleep in at all, try another place or maybe request a room on the other side of the building.

• 22nd Jun 2012

Gros Morne Accommodations & Hostel

Gros Morne National Park, Canada

We stayed in a private room, which was pretty much like a hotel room. It was great! The staff were also super helpful with great information about where to go and what to do while we were in Gros Morne. The park is awesome; I'll definitely be going back to the park, and I'll definitely stay at this hostel again!

• 24th Jun 2011

Balloon Hostel

Krakow, Poland

A good place to stay. The staff was great. It was a bit of a walk (about 15 minutes) from the main square but the location in the Jewish quarter was way cooler than the square.

Boogie Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

I really like this place. It was super clean, easy to meet other travelers, close to the town square and closer to the cool bars, and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

All Central Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The location was great, it can't get any better really. The staff was really nice and helpful and everything was really nice and clean. It wasn't the best place to meet other travels, but it's possible with a bit of extra effort. I highly recommend this place. :)

Lette`m Sleep Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

Good location and cool decor :)

It was a good place to stay, near the HBF.

ArkaBarka Floating Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

It was really cool to stay on a house boat but bring your mosquito spray! It also runs on a generator, which is turned off at night- you have to request it to be turned on so you can have a hot shower in the morning :)

Hippo Hostel

Budva, Montenegro

A great hostel- the easiest place to meet other travelers, and the day trips that the owners organized were awesome! I stayed an extra day and I\'m glad I did :) It\'s a good 45 minute walk to Old town though, but much closer to the beach.

Vila Sara

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a great place to stay. The woman can\'t speak very good English (apparently she speaks German, but unfortunately I don\'t) but communication wasn\'t too much of a problem. She was very sweet. The place was nice and close to old town and the big deck was a nice place to have a beer.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I really liked the hostel but it\'s not the place to treat yourself to a private room (no locks on the plastic door, I had someone walk into my room one morning!) The common room is really fun and the hostel is in the middle of everything. I definitely recommend it.

Buzz Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel was although, although there was something wrong with every bathroom (broken toilet/shower, or very clogged/hairy drains, yuk!), the rooms were really small but manageable, and it\'s a 10 min tram ride outside of the centre. Other than that it was fine- I\'d consider staying again.

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Nice place, and easy to meet people :)

I\'d stay there again, but the hostel is maybe a 30 minute walk into the centre (although the metro is only 5 minutes away)

Gallery Hostel Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Very clean and in a good location. The walls are paper thin though, so if you're next to party boys you can hear everything they say at 5 in the morning. There is also only one shower and one computer with internet (no wifi) so you have to wait sometimes. But, I wasn't dissapointed.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

A good place to stay- the rooftop bar was great!

Lisbon Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

The common room/lounge was great place to meet people. The decor was pretty cool too (the lights were awesome!)

Ultraviolet Studios

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The apartment was very clean, and Miro told us if we thought it wasn\'t he\'d come back and work harder :) The place was really cool, and in a great location; I\'d recommend it to anyone (even my parents!)

Great place to stay, excellent staff (Ali is a great cook!), and the bar there is a really good place to meet people!

Dublin City Bunkhouse

Dublin, Ireland

Good experience for my first time in a hostel :)