Reviews: charleysilverman115927

Sydney Hostel, Amman, Jordan
8.0
16th Apr 2014

Met some cool travelers in the lobby and enjoyed my stay here. This is not a fancy hostel but a good place to lay your head.

Thank you Charles, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Sydney Hostel

7.7
14th Apr 2014

Close enough to Petra to get your walking warmed up before you get to the front gate, but it is all down hill and easy. Close to lots of restaurants and shops. I stayed in a small single private and the bed was comfortable, but the shower came apart on me the one time I tried it. Also some of the electrical outlets had not enough power to charge my laptop.

Hayarkon 48 Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
9th Apr 2014

Great hostel which really does it right. I stayed here multiple times and enjoyed it every time. Staff is welcoming and helpful. The location is right on the beach and close to the nightlife scene and the outdoor market. The atmosphere was great with very cool common spaces, regular events and meals and a pretty damn good breakfast. Would highly recommend this place to TLV travelers.

Fauzi Azar Inn, Nazareth, Israel
5th Mar 2014

Elegant hostel with very comfortable beds, even in the dorms which were quiet. Great places to sit and a good communal kitchen where I shared spaghetti with people from no less than 6 countries at once. The location is cool and the layout of the place itself was very nice. It was a great place to relax as I walked the Israel National Trail. I wanted to check out very early, but couldn't make myself leave without having the fantastic breakfast buffet on my way out the door!

Hagallile Hostel, Tiberias, Israel
7.1
2nd Mar 2014

Not a fancy hostel, but centrally located in Tiberias. Communal spaces were lacking and the main hallway was always a bit dark. It was quiet and the showers were hot with good pressure and the wifi reliable. When I went, it was just what I needed.

Villa Manos, Santorini, Greece
11th Oct 2013

Great hostel for lounging poolside and heading into the heart of town later. Poppy and the staff were great hosts from the moment they picked me up at the dock. Highly recommend this place as a solo traveler, but probably even better for couples.

Camping Rialto, Venice, Italy
8.0
25th Sep 2013

You gotta know what you are getting. This is not Venice, but it is cheap! I stayed in one of the tents which was perfectly private and perfectly fine. Ate a tasty Pizza from the onsite store and enjoyed my stay. It was not easy to find and had me very frustrated taking buses back and forth and lugging heavy bags longer than I should have.

Hostel Orange, Prague, Czech Republic
22nd Sep 2013

One of my favorite hostel nights ever came at this place. All with other guests I had dinner with a guy from Azerbaijan, beers with Sexy Finnish Sisters and a Hong Kong guy. Got back, arm wrestled Brits, chilled with guys from Uruguay and kissed a French Girl at the end of the night. Good hostels can facilitate the bringing together of all those people, and I'm glad this place did for me.

Napoleon Hostel, Moscow, Russia
9th Sep 2013

This place is kind of the definition of a party hostel with all of the action being funneled into the common areas and stairwell. I met a ton of memorable characters here and would have enjoyed my stay much more had I not been sick and in a huge dorm. Its cramped and loud and fun and awesome. Just know what you are getting in for.

365 Inn, Beijing, China
23rd Aug 2013

Had a big ole bed all to myself and placed in a room with a cool Kiwi girl. The hostel is in a bumping part of town and has a bumping restaurant and bar in front and all the rooms in the back and above. Met lots of cool and open travelers wanting to tell their stories and have a great time doing it. This place was a lot of fun and I would come back again.

8th Aug 2013

It had to do with just having an amazing time in Osaka anyways, but staying at this hostel was a big part of why I had such a blast. Really nice staff who watched fireworks from the rooftop and hung out late just chatting. I really liked the location of this hostel and the whole atmosphere was welcoming and fun. Staff also came through multiple times with great food recommendations. Thanks Ayaka!

K's House Mt.Fuji, Mount Fuji, Japan
6th Aug 2013

A very good hostel with a very good staff. The onsen next door is quite nice and there are some good dining options around town. The common room was a good time each night that I was there. I would stay here again.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja, Tokyo, Japan
4th Aug 2013

My friend and I were bumped into a private room from a dorm for no reason which was very nice. The staff was extremely helpful with recommendations and taking us down by the river to light fireworks. Really enjoyed our time in Tokyo and at the hostel. There are a lot of long term guests who kind of think they own the place, but beyond that a very good place to pass a few nights.

• USA,
Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
8.7
5th Jan 2011

Lub d is in a very cool part of town, with a helpful and knowledgeble staff. The rooms themselves are simple and not flashy, but the amenities are off the hook. From luggage storage after checkout to sweet internet center and cool indoor and outdoor lobby, Lub d has everything you would want in a hostel.

• USA,
Manhattan Inn Hostel, New York, USA
7.0
5th Jan 2010

Can't beat the location, but not a whole lot else offered. Clean rooms, but I was frozen with not much more than a sheet for a blanket.