Luka's Lodge

Hvar, Croatia

I stayed in one of the private rooms which are a few minutes down the steet from the main building. The room was pretty basic , but OK. Luka came to the bus station to pick me up the night I arrived. I hadn't been informed that he would come meet me, so I took a taxi up to the hostel. He seemed a bit annoyed that I hadn't looked for him at the bus station, but I had no idea they were coming.

• 9th Jul 2015

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Staff was very friendly and helpful - check out their breakfast, that's money well spent! It's a very social hostel where everyone gets to know each other, but it's quiet enough to get a good night's sleep if you don't go out. Would love to come back.

• 7th Jul 2015

Feetup Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

I wouldn't recommend this hostel to light sleepers. My room was right behind the reception and communal area and with a window facing a very busy plaza. The ambience was OK, but not excellent.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Norway

The staff is great, except for the girl who always listens to classical music when she's at the reception. I've been to the hostel twice now, and her attitude was aweful both times. You ought to replace her with a more sympatethic person.