Reviews: liulichia9347

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 103

Stayokay Rotterdam Cube Hostel

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Cube houses are interesting to look at, but awkward to stay in. The arrangement in the rooms were constrained by the design and made for an uncomfortable stay for me. The hostel itself is business-like and impersonal, and the staff are hit-or-miss. Wifi only in the lobby areas. The only saving grace is the breakfast, which was not bad at all. Overall, I will not stay here next time.

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Abhostel is a gem of a hostel -- the size and character really makes it feel like a home away from home. Wonderful facilities, and the cozy atmosphere makes it very easy to strike up conversations with other travelers. There are even thoughtful little touches like a bedside basket by each bed, and DIY breakfasts. The only downside is that it is a little far away from the city center, but that is not a problem if you use the excellent city bike system. Highly recommended!

Hotel Queen Anne

Brussels, Belgium

This is a great budget hotel and not too far away from the city center at all. Comfortable bed and facilities, and a good basic breakfast as well. I enjoyed my stay here and will come back!

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Stay here if you want medieval-style living arrangements. Everything is small, crammed together, and very communal. I had booked a room with an ensuite shower, and was aghast at the condition when I arrived -- the shower was there alright, but only separated by a curtain. I am a seasoned traveler who's seen my share of hostels, and I canceled my reservation after the first night's stay. The pub atmosphere is cozy and the staff is helpful, but the lack of facilities just don't do it for me.

A very family-friendly hostel, with all the basic necessities a traveler needs. Can feel business-like, but with a very nice kitchen. Common areas are a bit lacking in atmosphere and tables, but otherwise no complaints. Breakfast is cold items but not too bad at all.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

A basic hostel with a nice lounge area, but no wifi other than in the lobby. Small spaces, but otherwise no complaints. I stayed only one night and had no surprises, either good or bad.

Hotel Loeven

Copenhagen, Denmark

This is your basic budget hotel, with good facilities, including a guest kitchen. The wifi didn't work on our first day here, but was fixed on the second day. Good value for your money especially in an expensive city like Copenhagen!

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

We had an excellent stay here and loved the high ceilings in the rooms. It has everything a traveler needs, and we especially appreciated the warm welcome (including welcome drink!) and orientation given by the staff when we checked in. The location is a little far from the city center, but Berlin is a pretty spread out city anyway.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Wombats is an excellent hostel and has everything a traveler needs. The only downside is that the wifi only works in the lobby area, and the connection can be quite slow. Breakfast is not bad at all -- there is even a panini machine available for making your own hot sandwiches.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The bar downstairs is great, but only when you are not trying to sleep. I had a room right above the bar and had a horrible experience trying to get any rest, as they don't stop playing loud music until 3am. I complained, but to no avail. The rooms are also quite tight, so expect next to no personal space. The furnishings are quite new and modern, but beneath the exterior they are actually quite poorly designed.

Thanks for taking your time to tell us what you think, it's means a lot. Sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping because of the music in the bar, we all know how annoying that could be sometimes. Our Belushi's bar downstairs is closing at 02:00 so it should not be any loud music playing after then. Sorry for all the inconvenience this caused and we hope that you apart from this enjoyed your time in Prague! /Management

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

This is your typical hostel -- small spaces which can get dirty with many roommates, but overall fun and got all the necessities a traveler needs. The rooms are a bit tight, but not so much that you can't breathe. Great staff and a very basic breakfast. Wifi only in the lobby areas was my only complaint.

Pal's Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Love this place! Felt like a low-budget hotel in a beautiful surrounding, and right in the heart of the city. Whole-heartedly recommend this place.

Asset Hotel

Shanghai, China

You get what you pay for with this hotel. We wanted somewhere with decent privacy to sleep, and that is exactly what we got. Pretty clean, although my clothes still smelled like smoke after I got home. Breakfast is very basic but at least it was offered. Good wi-fi -- ask for extra accounts if you need at the front desk, because they only give one password per room. About a 10 minute walk to the metro, which is really not too bad once you get used to it.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

GOOD: Rooms are huge, plenty of personal space. Breakfast is free, though not too many options (sugary cereal, toast and fruit), but it is free. BAD: I was in the female dorm and while the room itself is very nice, there was no hot water in the bathroom. (the shower water eventually turns scalding hot after 10 minutes, but the pressure was nonexistent.) This being cold NYC winter, I ended up heading to another washroom on the same floor to shower/wash up for the rest of my trip duration. Other li

Not a bad place and pretty close to the subway. Spaces are very crowded and not the cleanest. Free breakfast was nice.

This place is amazing. This is my second time back (first time was before their renovation, about five years ago) and this time i found it even cleaner and with nicer facilities, which is just incredible! I will be back again.

this was a good budget hotel, but too far out of the city; it's not even on the main city centre map! as a result the commuting times cut into the sight-seeing times. otherwise, this was a good place to sleep, not very memorable but decent.

Downtown Paraiso Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

we couldn't have asked for a hostel with better location. the interiors are quite nice and there are lockers in the rooms. the free internet was also much appreciated! the only downside is that bathroom wait time can get a little bit long, but otherwise it was fine. will come back again!

YHA Bath

Bath, England

Although out of the way from the city, this was a nice place to spend a night. If the weather is nice, make sure you walk into town via the "scenic" route -- it is a delightful stroll with a great view of the city of bath! Coming back in the evening for us was not as fun though, as Bath's bus system was not the greatest, and the bus drivers not the friendliest.