Reviews: potomek15652555

Location Poland, Gender Female, Age 26

Hostel Gastama, Lille, France
2nd Jul 2016

Very good hostel. Maybe not the cheapest (in general, definitely the cheapest in Lille though), but clean and comfortable. I appreciated curtains ensuring a little bit of privacy in your dorm beds. The bathroom was ok, the staff was very nice. Plus for free breakfast brownie and tasty candies at the reception :) The localization was good too, very close to the bus stops. I also liked the idea of combining the hostel with the pub, helps with getting to know new people. Good place!

Southend Hostel Bremen, Bremen, Germany
6.0
24th Jun 2016

It was the cheapest hostel I could find in Bremen - I could end my review here because that's exactly what the place is. The location is pretty good. I was positively surprised by the fact that the bathroom was quite clean. I didn't like the extra charges - for sheets and for using card. Internet worked only in the common room. The place doesn't have too much of a spirit, I would say it's an ok hostel for someone who wants to stay in Bremen for 1-2 nights and can't afford anything better

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
9th Feb 2015

The first awesome thing was that Generator is located just next to the Hauptbahnhof.You won't have problems with finding it, there's a big sign with the hostel's name on the building. The second awesome thing was the price :) The room was clean, although the shower was tiny - a little too tiny, taking a shower required creativity sometimes :) I liked that next to each bed there was a power socket and a light.Part of the staff seemed to be bored with their job, but the other part was really nice.

Hello, Thanks for the feedback about your stay and the nice scores. Maybe you want to try on your next visit the big bathrooms, which we have on every floor. You are always welcome here with us in Hamburg. Sven Heberling Assistant General Manger

Wombats City Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
11th Dec 2014

It's an awesome hostel! You can get a nice clean room with a very clean bathroom in a good price. The bedding and the luggage room are free of charge. When you check in, you get a ticket for a welcome drink, which is very nice. The bar is a great place to meet some new people. The prices are ok, especially during happy hours. The location is great, very close to the underground. The staff is helpful. The atmosphere in the hostel is great. It was probably one of my best stays in the hostel ever.

A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof, Dresden, Germany
9th Dec 2014

The hostel is actually more like a hotel and because of that it's lacking the hostel atmosphere. But the location is awesome, just 10 minutes on foot from the main station. The staff is nice and helpful. One of the receptionists gave me great tips for sightseeing. My room was clean and quite spacious as for a dorm. The luggage room is free, which is very nice. It's a good choice, especially when you have to leave from the main station in the morning. Oh, and they have some free candies!

St Christopher's Berlin, Berlin, Germany
7th Dec 2014

The hostel is great! It's located literally two steps away from the underground and not far away from the center. The rooms were clean and seemed secure. I had to open a couple of doors to get to my room, so even though it was a dorm, not everyone could enter. The breakfasts were nice and free, which was awesome. The bar there was very cool. If you're looking for a cheap place with wonderful atmosphere to stay in Berlin and meet people, St Christopher's Berlin will be a perfect choice.

My Bed BCN, Barcelona, Spain
7.1
26th Sep 2013

My stay at the hostel was very short. The room I stayed at was quite small. The bathrooms were nice and quite clean. The location is good, the connection to the airport is very easy, there's underground nearby and a lot of pretty things to see. Be warned that you will have to pay a deposit when you arrive, and it has to be paid in cash. Considering the fact that it was the last day of my long and unexpectedly expensive trip, it wasn't a nice surprise.

El Sol Hostel de Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
8.0
7th Sep 2013

The hostel has a very nice stuff. I got a free dinner and a free glass of beer! The breakfast is included in the price. It´s tasty, consisting mainly of pastries. I can´t say too much about the location since I was too scared with Buenos Aires to leave the hostel for too long, but the underground station was pretty close. I got a feeling that it wasn´t the cleanest place though... And my private ensuite wasn´t exactly what I thought I´d get. Despite that, I think it´s a nice place to stay.

5th Sep 2013

What is really awesome about the hostel is the staff. Very nice people, helpful and willing to make your stay better. One of the best hostel staffs I´ve met! Also, the location is great, in the center of Lima, close to bus station and many interesting things to see in Lima. However, on the first night, when I came back all dirty and sweaty from the concert and headed to the shower, I got NO WATER. I took some points from facilities section for that. Apart from that, I really liked the hostel.

8.0
1st Sep 2013

It was my first experience with a REAL dorm room in a hostel. Well, my review might not be the most reliable one since I stayed in the hostel just for one short night, but what I can say is that it´s not far away from the underground station and from the center, so it´s definitely a plus. There´s a breakfast included, but I had to leave before it was served so I don´t know what exactly you get. The room and the bathroom were clean, the stuff was ok. It was a good short stay.

A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof, Vienna, Austria
20th Aug 2013

The hotel is situated right next to the metro and bus station, which makes going anywhere very easy. The stuff is very friendly - they explained me how I should get to various places and also let me in to my room earlier than I was supposed to, saving my day with it. The room was clean. In general, I think it's a good hostel for a good price (I booked the dorm though). I recommend!

A&O Frankfurt Galluswarte, Frankfurt, Germany
15th Jul 2013

Like a lot of people before me spotted, the hostel was very clean. I booked the dorm, and the room's windows were overlooking the railway, and therefore it was quite loud in the room, difficult to fall asleep. But the staff was very nice, one lady spent good couple of minutes explaining me what transport I should take to get to the places I wanted to visit. The location of the hostel is also nice, very close to the trams and underground, and quite close to the railway station. Money well spent.

Jubilee House, London, England
4.9
4th Jun 2012

Tiny room, dirty floor with stains on the carpet, window couldn't be fully closed, noise from the road, not very clean shower with very little to no warm water. We got a bunk bed, I'm not sure if we should have been aware of it when booking. Extra costs for late check out is per person not per reservation (which we'd been told only when it came to paying). Free breakfast, but it was basically only toasts, some cornflakes and coffee (not even good one). Free wi-fi&tv room as a plus, though.

9.0
9th Sep 2011

One of the best hostels we stayed at. Very clean (apart from a thick layer of dust on top of the paintings). Great bathroom in the room and the common kitchen was very convenient and nice. The room itself was a bit small for three people, but very quiet and with air conditioning (very important in hot Madrid). There were two computers with free access to internet. Its location was perfect, just in the middle of the center. Pedro's (or Pablo? ;p) free walking tour was very fun and informative.

Hotel des Olympiades, Paris, France
5.0
30th Aug 2011

The hotel was quite scary, to be honest-looked like those haunted houses from horror movies. Everything was old and not that neat. Strange thing was that there was only one shared shower open for a few hours a day. The staff didn't really speak English, so it was difficult to communicate. The neighborhood was a bit weird, felt like some kind of slums maybe, and it was quite far away from the center. Now positive aspects: our room was huge, REALLY huge. Also, there was nice cat at the reception:)

MEININGER Cologne City Center, Cologne, Germany
8.7
29th Aug 2011

Everything was really good: clean room with clean bathroom, nice staff, quite cheap and definitely worth its price optional breakfast, nice hotel bar. It's a perfect place to stay at, plus the price for the room was very reasonable. We recommend it!

Hotel Concorde, Nimes, France
6.7
22nd Aug 2011

The thing that made my rate a lot higher is definitely an excellent location-just in the center of Nimes, close to all beautiful buildings,park and a train station.Also the staff was very nice, ready to help and give advice where to go and how to get there.So that was the positive part:) Let's move on to the negative one: DIRTINESS! Stains on the carpet, hairs on the bed.No wall separating shower from the rest of our tiny room. Clogged shared shower. Nothing to provide some coolness in the room.

Pension 15, Prague, Czech Republic
6.7
15th Aug 2011

The shortest comment about the hostel is that it's just worth its price.The only big disadvantage were showers-there were 3 of them,but 2 of them clogged, therefore after 3 mins a small lake got formed in the shower,which was quite gross to our taste.Other than that-it was a cheap place good enough to spend short time. Plus for nice English speaking staff and good location,close to the rail station and the old town. Optional breakfast-nothing special,lack of cheese and eggs quite disappointing;p

Deco Hostel, Krakow, Poland
9.0
28th Sep 2009

sympatyczny hostel, miła atmosfera, dobrze wyposażona kuchnia (za darmo kawa, herbata, mleko [mam nadzieje że to naprawde było hostelowe i nikomu nie podkradłam:o], sporo przypraw etc.), czyste łazienki (tylko szkoda że wspólne), sympatyczna obsługa znająca angielski. Ogólnie wrażenia bardzo pozytywne. +niezbyt drogo jeszcze jeden + za darmowe śniadania, wprawdzie nie są one specjalnie wyszukane, ale to zawsze miły akcent

Red Carpet Hostels Vienna, Vienna, Austria
11th Aug 2009

I was very satisfied with the hostel. Everything was fine. Room was clean, as well as bathroom in the room, nice stuff ready to help poor tourists who didn't know that almost all shops are closed on Sunday in Vienna, free welcome drinks... I couldn't find anything to complain about even if I wanted. This hostel deserves to get the highest note.

Ahoy Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
3.0
10th Jul 2008

The first room that we were offered was extremely dirty,old,neglected and full of spiders.I was about to cry.We managed to change the room.The new room was better but still dirty.And the bedding wasn't fresh,brr!The things that was the worst was bathroom and wc.Both hadn't lock and was very dirty.On the picture bathroom looks ok but in the fact there's a lot of fungus on the ceiling.And spiders everywhere!If you venture stay in this hostel take some mugs,spoons etc.cause there is no kitchen.

I was helping you a lot.The first room was not so good I know it, but the second that was offered was great.You told me this is much better!You remember? So I do not understand why you send us such a bad rating. The Room was clean enough and the furniture and the space!About 25 m2 for the great price! Kindest Regards Jindra

Queens Castle Hostel, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
9.3
5th Jul 2008

Nice and quite cheap hostel, with very nice hostel staff. When we arrive the nice women made coffee for us, then the nice guy gave me information about Hradec Kralove and Polish guide, what surprised me a lot. It was a very nice stay. And nice thing is that tea and coffee are free;)

Hostel am Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany
8.7
5th Jun 2008

I'm satisfied of my stay in Hostel am Friedrichshain. Everything was really ok.