Reviews: zsofi_berenyi5251

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
Panda Hostel, Milan, Italy
6.9
16th Feb 2016

A college dormitory style hostel with poorly maintained bathrooms and a lack of atmosphere as you can imagine. The showerheads were spouting water everywhere. Evening receptionist was nice guy, when I asked if I could get a coffe and a piece of bread for breakfast which I paid for, in the early hours as i was leaving at 6AM for a flight he promised that he would ask that. Too bad when we woke up, the night porter was sleeping and he denied us the early breakfast. Not even a coffe we could get,

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
Ponta Verde Hostel, Maceio, Brazil
7.4
12th Feb 2016

The receptionist didn't speak English neither Spanish. It was quite hard to understand each other - given that I am not portoguese speaker. No maps or help to find the nearest supermarket....I recommend everyone to download Maceios map in offline version. Otherwise nice location, air-con and nice juices at breakfast. I wouldn't mind sweet options too as there was always only eggs and corn cuscus, cheese and ham.

Mec Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
17th Apr 2015

I took the private room and it is a huge apartment in a big room in the adjacent Georgian building. I was really nice but i wondered how cold it could be on a winter day??

Bridge House, Dublin, Ireland
5.1
16th Apr 2015

No wonder they still had rooms. I was put on the top floor, there is no lift, the room's window was left wide open therefore it was freezing cold with no option to heat up or give a bit of comfort. Room is crammed with old smelly stuff. No wifi in rooms. Breakfast for extra. Chinese receptionist girl was nice but couldn't understand her accent, night dude was friendly then morning staff (lithuanian? dunno) was shouting with a customer and was extremely unhelpful.

Avrasya Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
13th Feb 2015

We only could stay one night as refurbishment works started.We were transferred to Orient hostel nearby so I can't really give an account on this hostel.The location is 100% and still quiet, from the roof terrace there is amazing view and the staff were excellent an very helpful.Internet wasn't working well sometimes.

BaronGarden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
14th Mar 2014

Very central location, but because it is on a hill, quiet and secure too. I really loved the swimming pool and the quietness of this hostel. Lovely old huge house. The staff was helpful and Maria speaks good English. Easy to get anywhere! Only downside they don't want to accept card payments and with a hint of food in our bags, cockroaches are coming. Well, we were asked not to keep any food in there but wouldn't think they can smell some biscuits in closed bags and backpack. Yes, they can! :)

HI Lá em Casa Hostel, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
11th Mar 2014

The best place I have been while 1month traveling in Brazil. Chris was amazing host, we got our cab in 3 mins at the door, he gave us up-to-date information how to get to Imhotim. The house is a well kept older mansion with spacoius rooms and very clean nice bathrooms. Superb breakfast. Futuristic door security by night. Santa Teresa is great location with lots of bars and places to go out. Only disadvantage is it's hard to get there by public transport and prepare cash, don't like cards there.

Hostel Pousada Pais Tropical, Salvador, Brazil
6.6
10th Mar 2014

We got a twinroom that was small, dark and only having ventillation to small interior courtyard. I wouldn't really mind but there was an unbearable smell in our private bathroom, don't know why and that made our room stinky too..We had no toilet paper, had to ask for it. No soap either. The breakfast quite poor. Otherwise very central location and nice reception area with library.

Fusion Guesthouse, Salvador, Brazil
5.7
4th Mar 2014

We were at the last day of carneval so obviously was expensive for what you get there. But seeing the normal prices I think it still doesn't worth. There is no breakfast included in the price, the kitchen is small, dirty exterior one and prepare there are endless stairs to climb with your luggage and also to go to toilet. One lamp in whole room, and to pair that, one electric plug. Rooms are separated with temporary structure therefore could hear everything from the neighbouring room.

Mama Brasil Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
5.4
24th Feb 2014

We thought to have a better option with a 4bedroom but it has a window facing the reception area so it is noisy&small&cluttered even though its more expensive. We had a Brazilian roommate who blew our heads off with the fan overnight. The showers were bit dirty, while I had my breakfast in the already tiny kitchen a guy was chatting to the staff and actually happened to use his deodorant there...The owner receptionist girl was really helpful and nice! Good english spoken!

It is always very unfortunate when complains are voiced after the stay and not during it, robbing us of any opportunity to rectify the situation. I asure you that there is nothing that the Mama couldnt or wouldnt do to make every single guest comfortable. If we had known you can be sure that we could have found a compromise for the fan (maybe put it on the minimum?) or even offered you another bed. There is nothing that cannot be changed, we are there to make you feel comfortable. The Mama :)

Lisetonga Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6.3
16th Feb 2014

I think the upstairs bathrooms need cleaning more frequently. They were quite dirty. Also the breakfast is poor, fruits and jams are covered by wasps that is not a nice experience...We had a quite nice room with 4 beds and with a small terrace which was nice. I had concerns about the security when a girl randomly came into the room starting to look for her stuff that she left there from the day before.. There are lockers in the room though. Overall it was an average hostel.

Hello Zsofi, thank u for staying with us. We clean all bathrooms various times per day. We believe that guests must contribute to keeping them clean and leave them as they would love to find them. At breakfast there is much more that fruits and jams. We dont' mind to invite a bee for breakfast we are dissapointed that you do. Safe home!

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
Cracow Hostel, Krakow, Poland
16th Mar 2013

The location could not be better! I liked the hostel a lot. The downs: 2 showers on my floor, one didn't work the other wasn't letting the water flush properly so the bowl filled up...more maintenance, guys! The other that as there was only one key for the room, but the receptionist gave it away without checking who I was! Did not put any name tag on my left over bag either!It could have been snatched by anyone really, as the staff is swapping they won't have a clue who left the stuff. :S

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
9.0
18th Nov 2011

I really liked my stay here. The location is the best, no cars, no noise from outside even though it is one of the most lively quarter, full of restaurants and bars, trendy shops etc.It is the real centre of Madrid, only old folks go to the Sol, the young are or here in the Malasaña, or the La Latina/Tirso de Molina neighbourhood. The hostel is also well-priced if you count you can have a breakfast. The kitchen is great, you can cook as you want ant there are a lot of programmes organized, too.

• Hungary, Couple, 25-30
Hotel Belfort, Paris, France
7.0
23rd Oct 2011

You get what you have paid for, room, bathroom, for a budget price. There is nothing else special. There was breakfast for 5€ but we didn't try it. The room and bathroom was clean. The night porter didn't speak English, but this is no surprise in France.On the other hand they were helpful! One thing I really liked: we had free WIFI in the room.

• Hungary,
Equity Point Centric, Barcelona, Spain
9.3
1st Jun 2008

Maybe it just has been my fault not to find the hot water in the kitchen...tough I really loved staying in that hostel. Spacious rooms, huge community room, separated bathrooms, nice staff. Really, it was fab.