Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Trying to weigh this as fairly as possible. The location is far from the city (about 45 minutes - 1 hour) via public transportation (longer in the late evenings). This isn't inherently bad considering the trade-off in price of the room. It was clean and safe as well. My biggest issue was the lack of any sort of atmosphere. If there was any common room, I was never told about it - nor did I find it. What I found were long corridors with tons of rooms on every floor. Not a fun place at all.

Hospedaje Dodero

Liberia, Costa Rica

This city seems to be a stopover spot, which I think is a shame. I had an awesome time staying in Liberia! The staff also was full of suggestions of fun things to do, including the DL on a "local secret" river hang out - which was *super* isolated - the group of 3 of us that went there from the hostel, were the *only* people who were enjoying a swim in quite likely the clearest, freshest, bluest water I've ever seen! It's not far to go to a beach either! Great stay!

Great location - easy to get to the major spots in Rome via metro or walking. Giorgio was what made it though. He was a great source of information. What really impressed me was when my sister left behind her stuffed dog she's had her whole life - he mailed him back to the USA for us - definitely made us very happy as she's hopelessly sentimental about that thing. I would recommend anyone stay here if you are in Rome! :-D

Haus Christine

Salzburg, Austria

If you are lugging heavy bags take a cab because the hill to get there is quite a hike but it's totally worth it for the scenery. My only complaint is I didn't have more time to stay here! It was absolutely beautiful - easy enough to get into the city center, great to be up in the hills. Christine was a wonderful host and we enjoyed staying with her. Would recommend staying here especially if you have a number of days in Salzburg.

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I picked this for the location (very close to the train station). It's a very large hostel with a ton of beds in the dorms - there are lockers and luggage storage - it was a decent hostel, nothing particularly outstanding or bad either - I'd stay again if I had to. Easy to find, pretty secure - right in the red light district so near the nightlife.

Interhostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

Driving directions to get here are AWFUL - we got SO LOST - then when we called to ask for help, all they did was tell us the address - without a GPS the address did NOT help. Took us an 1 1/2 hours to find it - Im sure if we weren't driving it would have been easier. But it was very frustrating. The hostel itself is a big hostel - so all the little things you expect from a big hostel in a big city - noisy outside the street. Comfortable enough, clean enough. Would stay again if in Dublin though

• 20th Apr 2013

Many thanks for your comments, We are sorry to hear that you got lost on the way to the hostel due to our directions, we will look into amending these as soon as possible. Should you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Kind regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

The Burren Hostel (Sleepzone)

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

Lisdoonvarna was an adorable little town - the local pub was within walking distance and it is a short drive to the Doolin pier for boats to the Aran Islands or Cliffs of Moher. The staff was friendly and the hostel was gorgeous. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes we are fortunate to have one of the best pubs in the area just across the road!! Thanks for visiting!

The driving directions to get here are AWFUL - took us awhile to find it. The hostel itself is great though. Large rooms, large bathroom, ensuite rooms with the sink outside where the shower is (so some can be doing hair/makeup/brushing teeth while others are showering) - I always appreciate that. The beds are very comfortable and the blankets nice and warm. Recommended.

• 18th Apr 2013

Hotel Belfort

Paris, France

Paid for a private room - good deal since hotels in Paris are so expensive otherwise. The shower was tiny - like barely enough room to turn around in, but for the price it was not a problem. It had all the basics that were needed, the bed was super-comfy. Decent location, not far from a Metro - about 10-20minutes to the sights in Paris. Helpful, friendly staff. Would stay again.

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

I cannot say enough good things about my time at Giovanni's! He is a wonderful man and truly made my time in Naples something to remember! He helped me to maximize my time - I saw more than I had anticipated or planned on seeing and things I didn't even know about! He definitely makes the place. He is also a gracious host and wonderful cook! If you are going to Naples you MUST stay here!

Hostel Beauty

Rome, Italy

The location is near Termini which is nice - but it's got a creepy sort of vibe to it at night - the directions are easy enough to follow to get straight there and the security at the hostel is great. Not a lot of common space but plenty of socializing in the rooms. The bathrooms get really wet/messy toward noon as people shower but they are always clean when I got back at night

Reiter Hotel

Venice, Italy

I LOVED the island of Lido, its a ways but its worth the stay! I wish I'd known the hotel was smoking - no issue but I didnt like being surprised when my room smelled like smoke from one of the neighbors. It was a great find for a last minute booking, clean, super easy to get to, right near some great restaurants and a grocery store nearby! Highly recommended.

Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Urbany Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Quite possibly the best value for my money I've had in a hostel. Not only is it a good location, and a large hostel, but the price includes breakfast and a gym membership. The bar has decent sangrias and is near to the metro for easy access to all Barcelona has to offer! Would stay again!

Kikies House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Kikie's House is in a great location - a short/easy walk to all the sites in the Old City! Kikie is awesome! She knows everyone and can get you great deals on tours/cabs/etc! Saved me a couple hundred baht. Great place - would stay again!

@ The Little Red Dot

Singapore, Singapore

I loved the capsule beds - though I wish that the hostel information would have listed them ahead is all, but they are so much better than bunks! Security of my belongings could have been better - but personal security was great. Great location - easy to get to and the directions they sent me where so easy to follow! Easy to get to Little India which is a blast! I highly recommend it!

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

It was pretty far from the city center but easy enough to get to via public trans. The atmosphere was fabulous and everything was clean. Spring for breakfast - it's decent and cheap. Everything very clean. I very much enjoyed the in-room bathrooms - much better than sharing with an entire floor! I would stay again!

Chelsea Highline Hostel

New York, USA

A friend and I booked two beds in a two bed mixed dorm, ended up being put in the same room - so essentially had a private room for an incredibly good rate (considering NYC accommodations). The location is a bit of a hike from the nearest subway - I guess there is a bus you can take, but I have never been a fan of NYC buses - took about 10 minutes walking to the hostel. In Chelsea - very "artsy". Bunk bed almost fell over when my friend went to climb in, as did the locker - had us laughing tho

The owner was incredibly friendly, the location was great - right near Chinatown, pretty close to the Metro. The lockers are huge. The value was incredible! I would stay here again!