Reviews: cheryl_8425

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Haka Lodge

Christchurch, New Zealand

A really lovely, peaceful hostel. Perfect place if you need a night to chill out. Staff were really friendly. I would stay here again

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers

Queenstown, New Zealand

Had a great stay here, definitely one of my favourite hostels I've stayed at. Kitchens were so clean and the dorm rooms were cleaned everyday which was great. Kent and the rest of the staff were lovely, so welcoming and would do anything they could to help. Would recommend the flaming kiwi to everyone : )

Base Wanaka

Wanaka, New Zealand

Typical base hostel. Really helpful, friendly staff. Only bad thing is that the bunk beds were the squeekiest beds I have ever slept in.... When you're in a 6 bed dorm that's a lot of movement causing a lot of noise.

Glow Worm Cottages

Franz Josef, New Zealand

When we arrived we discovered that this hostel was closed for refurbishment, the booking was passed to another hostel called Chateux Franz. It was nice, relaxed atmosphere. Only down fall was our room had an ensuite wet room which made the room smell quite damp.

Albatross Backpacker Inn

Kaikoura, New Zealand

Lovely stay, a great atmosphere, really relaxed.... Loved it

Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge

Napier, New Zealand

Had a nice stay, staff were helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your comments.

Tiki Lodge

Taupo, New Zealand

Had a nice stay at Tiki Lodge, good location, just a short walk in to town. Motel next door was loud during the night and woke us all up.... I guess this can't be helped. Overall it was a great place to stay

Glad you enjoyed your time here with us. I'm pretty sure that the noise you mention was actually coming from 600m down the road from the local bars/other backpacker hostels. With the right wind conditions it sounds like it is coming from right over the road and it can be loud (don't know how anyone sleeps down the road)! The motel and us were blaming each other for the loud noise for a while but we both know where it originates from now.

Newton Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Third time I've stayed at this hostel, it's nice and relaxed, free Internet, comfy beds.... Great, spacious showers

The Hive Hostel

Perth, Australia

I'm not quite sure how this hostel has one of the best percentages in Perth!! I'm usually very accepting of hostels and the condition they can be in, the toilets weren't very clean and our room was awful, the air conditioning unit has water dripping out all over the floor, causing a dreadful damp smell!' It's a new hostel and the staff are really trying, just get the feeling that some guests are taking advantage. They just need to employ some extra staff to help them get things together.

thanks for your comment. We have fix the air cond and the carpet has been steam cleaned. Busy hostels will have messy rooms and we are gearing up for improvement. Thanks

Kalbarri Backpackers YHA

Kalbarri, Australia

This was a lovely hostel, all the staff are really friendly (as long as you keep the noise down at night), and always willing to help with tours and day trips. The rooms were basic but clean with clean on suite bathrooms. Really good value for money. I would definitely reccomend this hostel and remould re visit it myself ....Thank you Kalbarri Backpackers!!

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times due to its location at the airport. I feel like it's slightly over priced as a hostel especially as you have to pay extra for a shuttle and also wifi. The staff are really helpful and the facilities are clean. Nice and relaxed, I would recommend this hostel.

Newton Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

I enjoyed staying at this hostel, the staff are friendly and willing to help when they can. Its not very social as people are using it as a place to sort them selves out. Rooms and lounge area are nice and relaxed. I understand its a new hostel but could do with being cleaned more regularly. Over all it's a nice hostel which I would reccomend and go back to.