Reviews: cheryl_8425

Location England, Gender Female, Age 31

22nd Nov 2014

Had a nice stay here, great location. The hostel is well equipped with information about things to do around the area. The staff were amazing and so helpful, they arranged luggage transfers for us which was really appreciated. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Guesthouse U-En, Osaka, Japan
16th Nov 2014

Had a really lovely stay here, the directions on how to get to the hostel are excellent. Nice rooms, twin room was very small but ideal. This hostel had a nice cosy feel to it. Only downfall was the walls are quite thin and there was quite a bit of noise on our first night but over all it was great, would definitely recommend this place

Arigato gozaimasu for your valuable comment! It’s always a pleasure knowing when a guest loved their time with us! We are sorry that walls or paper doors are not sound-proof enough because of the traditional Japanese townhouse. We put FREE ear-plugs for all guests in all rooms. Thanks again. Guesthouse U-En crew

Guest House KURA, Nagano, Japan
9th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for such an amazing stay at your guesthouse. My cousin and I loved every minute of it. We really appreciate all your help and advice, also so lovely of you to take us to the Onsen. Everything was perfect :)

Thank you for staying at Guest House KURA! We are very happy you enjoyed staying here in Suzaka! Thank you for trying Onsen:) If you have chance, come back to Japan!

Haka Lodge, Christchurch, New Zealand
30th Aug 2013

A really lovely, peaceful hostel. Perfect place if you need a night to chill out. Staff were really friendly. I would stay here again

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers, Queenstown, New Zealand
18th Aug 2013

Had a great stay here, definitely one of my favourite hostels I've stayed at. Kitchens were so clean and the dorm rooms were cleaned everyday which was great. Kent and the rest of the staff were lovely, so welcoming and would do anything they could to help. Would recommend the flaming kiwi to everyone : )

Base Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand
16th Aug 2013

Typical base hostel. Really helpful, friendly staff. Only bad thing is that the bunk beds were the squeekiest beds I have ever slept in.... When you're in a 6 bed dorm that's a lot of movement causing a lot of noise.

Sir Cedrics Glow Worm Flashpacker Hostel, Franz Josef, New Zealand
14th Aug 2013

When we arrived we discovered that this hostel was closed for refurbishment, the booking was passed to another hostel called Chateux Franz. It was nice, relaxed atmosphere. Only down fall was our room had an ensuite wet room which made the room smell quite damp.

Albatross Backpacker Inn, Kaikoura, New Zealand
12th Aug 2013

Lovely stay, a great atmosphere, really relaxed.... Loved it

Portside Inn Backpackers Lodge, Napier, New Zealand
10th Aug 2013

Had a nice stay, staff were helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate your comments.

Tiki Lodge, Taupo, New Zealand
9th Aug 2013

Had a nice stay at Tiki Lodge, good location, just a short walk in to town. Motel next door was loud during the night and woke us all up.... I guess this can't be helped. Overall it was a great place to stay

Glad you enjoyed your time here with us. I'm pretty sure that the noise you mention was actually coming from 600m down the road from the local bars/other backpacker hostels. With the right wind conditions it sounds like it is coming from right over the road and it can be loud (don't know how anyone sleeps down the road)! The motel and us were blaming each other for the loud noise for a while but we both know where it originates from now.

Newton Lodge, Auckland, New Zealand
12th Apr 2013

Third time I've stayed at this hostel, it's nice and relaxed, free Internet, comfy beds.... Great, spacious showers

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
The Hive Hostel, Perth, Australia
5.7
2nd Jan 2013

I'm not quite sure how this hostel has one of the best percentages in Perth!! I'm usually very accepting of hostels and the condition they can be in, the toilets weren't very clean and our room was awful, the air conditioning unit has water dripping out all over the floor, causing a dreadful damp smell!' It's a new hostel and the staff are really trying, just get the feeling that some guests are taking advantage. They just need to employ some extra staff to help them get things together.

thanks for your comment. We have fix the air cond and the carpet has been steam cleaned. Busy hostels will have messy rooms and we are gearing up for improvement. Thanks

Kalbarri Backpackers YHA, Kalbarri, Australia
15th Dec 2012

This was a lovely hostel, all the staff are really friendly (as long as you keep the noise down at night), and always willing to help with tours and day trips. The rooms were basic but clean with clean on suite bathrooms. Really good value for money. I would definitely reccomend this hostel and remould re visit it myself ....Thank you Kalbarri Backpackers!!

Airport Skyway Lodge, Auckland, New Zealand
7.7
7th Dec 2012

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times due to its location at the airport. I feel like it's slightly over priced as a hostel especially as you have to pay extra for a shuttle and also wifi. The staff are really helpful and the facilities are clean. Nice and relaxed, I would recommend this hostel.

Newton Lodge, Auckland, New Zealand
6th Nov 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hostel, the staff are friendly and willing to help when they can. Its not very social as people are using it as a place to sort them selves out. Rooms and lounge area are nice and relaxed. I understand its a new hostel but could do with being cleaned more regularly. Over all it's a nice hostel which I would reccomend and go back to.