Reviews: mzkatyl1610

Boutique Hostel Forum

Zadar, Croatia

Great location - right in the heart of old town. Staff were not particularly enthusiastic. Mini breakfast bags are a good idea for people hopping off to the islands but this means limiting your ways of meeting people in the hostel. Wifi was not accessible at all for iPhones. The built-in beds in the dorms and the blinds you can bring down creates your own little capsules which also limits interaction. Exceptionally clean and high-tech with security card controlled locker drawers.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff I met upon arrival was extremely unfriendly and left a really bad impression. Later on I was greeted by a much nicer staff. Location is great for visiting the main museums. I stayed in the 8 person dorm and the rooms were cleaned everyday. Extra 5 euros for breakfast. Don't expect it to be a place to meet people. Huge price boost during busy weekends.

Porto Spot Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The hostel is a little way away from the river and the bar areas but it's nice stroll away. The staff were excellent and the minibar in the hostel made meeting people all that much easier. The shared bathrooms which I mainly used were not too clean but that's probably not the hostel's fault. I would stay here again.

Lisbon Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This has to be one of my favourite hostels and the highlight has to be Pedro's dinners. It was 10 euros for a three course meal and free flowing wine and not to mention his homemade hot sauce - I had fresh kebab and quail for the two nights I had dinner there, enough said. The owners and staff are super kind and extremely knowledgable, you'll definitely feel at home. Also, there are crepes for breakfast. The hostel is very clean and the location was perfect - 5 mins to Praca do Commercio.

Casa Consell

Barcelona, Spain

This was one of the most luxurious hostels I've stayed at. The location is great and the staff even better. Great breakfast for the price you pay. Will definitely stay here again.

The location was perfect, right in the center of old town and about 15 mins walk from the Nord station. The staff were excellent and there's always something going on every night at the hostel. I stayed in a 4-person dorm and it was spacious with locker space and a small cubicle for your personal belongings. My only complaint is that the rooms got extremely hot during the night with no air-conditioning and the fan could not reach the top bunk, but everything else was great.

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This hostel has everything a traveler needs - spacious rooms, clean showers, perfect location, your own power outlet by your bunk... Only stayed 2 nights but wish I could stay longer.

Revolutum Hostel

Salamanca, Spain

The location is great, smack in the middle of old town but the staff were not very friendly. Also the hostel doesn't really have a common room to hang out or meet other people. It felt more like a hotel but has the look of a hostel.

Pension Amalur

San Sebastian, Spain

Excellent location and very clean, spacious rooms. Miguel was great and very informative despite that he didn't speak English very well but he had all the information you need. I would definitely stay here again.

Hostel Meyerbeer Beach

Nice, France

This hostel is great for meeting people. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and always fun to chat to. Amazing location and the rooms were always spotless. They serve a nice breakfast that also served as a common room for meeting people. It was a little pricey during high season but I'll definitely go back.

Excellent location, just a couple minutes away from the bustling Kawaramachi and Gion. Extremely pristine hotel and a great taste of the capsule culture though probably not the best spot to meet people. Capsules provided sufficient space for sleeping but there was almost no soundproof and you can hear people in the top bunk twisting and turning at night. Besides that, would definitely stay there again.

Thank you very much for staying at 9h. 9h's concept is to be a "tool" for our guests - to assist their trip more enjoyable and comfortable. However we apologise for not solving enough for the sound-proof problem. We continue discussing to solve the issue. We appreciate for your opinion.

IchiEnSou

Kyoto, Japan

Yashi was always so helpful and friendly, and the place was meticulously clean. The little teahouse-like hostel had a great atmosphere and fit right into the backdrop of Gion. This was my first trip alone and I was able to meet a lot of fun, interesting people at Ichiensou. The location is great and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.