Reviews: hwheatley3242

6.9
13th Feb 2014

Think again if you're over 25. Very studenty atmosphere, noisy bar with sports tv and deals on jager bombs, a row of shower cubicles with buttons you have to keep pressing to keep the water running (no private bathroom/mirror areas), queues at breakfast. No kitchen so you can't cook your own food. 'Pod' beds are good for extra privacy, but I was woken up at 3am when the guy in the next bed brought a girl back and the whole set of pod beds started rocking. I won't return. Not pleasant.

In such a large establishment a fully equipped kitchen is unsafe. We will purchase a microwave for guest use though. The private bathrooms are reserved for those who pay for ensuite rooms. Otherwise a communal bathroom is normal as with most hostels. The persons violating the one person per bed rule would normally be removed should the reception be informed of this. We're sad to hear you didn't enjoy the atmosphere, we also have many 25+ who love it.

Român Holidays Hostel, Rome, Italy
10th Feb 2014

Great hostel. Clean, well-appointed, wifi and breakfast. Conveniently situated near the main station with easy transport links to other cities and to both of rome's metro lines. Walking distance from main sights. Friendly and sociable atmosphere with a common room that's like a living room where you can watch tv or chat. The hostel owner cooked us all pasta one night - brilliant!

Hostel Mancini, Naples, Italy
7.7
8th Feb 2014

Location convenient but grimy and doesn't feel too safe at night. Helpful directions to points of interest on arrival. Well-equiped kitchen. clean. wifi in the common area, didn't work in the room. Only 1 key for the shared dorm- a bit inconvenient. Lockers provided but no keys/padlocks. There was a sign saying to ask reception for a padlock, but when I asked I was told it was up to me and that I should go out and buy a padlock for 5eu. So I carried my laptop around herculaneum!

Thanks so much for the kind review. Only a notice about padlock: We think that security is most important thing ( we do provide free lockers ) and this is the reason why we have no lockers with key. Guest must have a personal padlock so only he/she has the key. In this way guest's belongings are SECURE and Hostel is out of responsabilty ;-) About 1 key for each dorm also easy....the last person who leaves the room give the key back to reception. Reception is 24 hours open!!

LoLHostel Siracusa, Syracuse, Italy
7th Feb 2014

Great hostel. Perfect location- very close to the station and midway between the two main points of interest in Siracusa - the greek theatre and Ortigia. I was given a city map on arrival and helpful directions for how to get to places of interest. I was also given a key for a locker in my room, so very secure. Clean, bright and modern. Breakfast included freshly brewed coffee and fresh croissants. Maybe not the most sociable hostel, but that probably depends on the other guests at the time.