Reviews: roffensend8618

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Knock Knock Hostel CURITIBA

Curitiba, Brazil

More outlets and more bathrooms!

Concept Design Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Bahia Prime Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

The location of Bahia Prime is fantastic and it's really clean and well done. But the highlight is definitely the staff: they are generous with their time and recommendations, very patient, and genuinely want every single guest to enjoy their stay. Don't miss out on this special place!

Namoa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Had a great time here. Staff is very nice, the location couldn't be better and I felt really safe here. Thanks Namoa!

Camelot Inn & Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

Didn't see a staff person the entire time, but otherwise, it was fine for what I needed (a bed).

========== STAFF ========== We do have staff, who are: cleaning the rooms, cleaning the building, and processing bookings. Because of our modern self check-in system, we do not need a front desk person; we pass on the savings to you; this is why we offer you such a good deal for the facilities you enjoy. ================================ TESTIMONIALS ABOUT SELF-CHECK-IN ================================ 'This is really a cool hostel, the new creative check-in system is just like playing a treasure finding game! I think this place is even more than a hostel. It also trains you to self-discipline and resolve the problems independently. It is in a very convenient location and has complete equipment, including kitchen, laundry, WiFi and bicycle... you just can't miss such a cool place and a self test!" Jacob Hsu, Taichung, Taiwan 'You're self check-in system is AMAZING. As I said, 90% of my time is spent away from home. If all hotels had this system in place, it would ease the weary traveller... It's also attractive for the business traveler too.' George Fisher Wyoming, USA '...I liked that we could check-in, even though we got there very late.' Laura Dziorny Maryland, USA ============== USA TODAY ARTICLE ABOUT SELF-CHECK-IN ============== Source: 'Self-service hotel check-in to increase' by Jui Chakravorty, 2006 Reuters. NEW YORK -- Self-service kiosks in hotel lobbies, which let travelers bypass the front desk at check-in, will eventually help hotels stem rising labor costs by enabling them to serve guests with fewer staff. Hilton was the first to launch the kiosks early last year. With 102 kiosks in 42 hotels, they have so far been 'very successful,' Hilton spokeswoman Kathy Shepard said. Hotels have been introducing self-service check-in in large, urban areas that cater to business travelers, already comfortable with the convenience of express checkout. 'Clearly the business traveler is an earlier adapter of self service,' said Tom Conophy, chief technical officer at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, ... Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis and W Hotels. If front desk staffing is cut back, those employees will likely be 'repurposed' into serving guests in other ways, Conophy said. 'We would look at staff we have now take on different roles, such as lobby ambassadors.' Labor has been a growing issue for large U.S. hotels...

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Free internet, free breakfast, kitchen facilities. This place is great!

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

Great choice in Copenhagen.

Small 'dorm' rooms with only four beds, a great bar, and a staff that helped me out when I missed my train. Could not ask for more!

If you are by yourself and want to meet people in your hostal/hotel, this is not the one to do it in. But if you're looking for a great affordable, well located, fantastic place to stay while you explore Madrid, this is the perfect place. Their special map is super helpful (as are the staff). Be careful though, the building is currently being renovated (like everything in Madrid) so if you have the window open, your room might get dusty. I loved it though!