Reviews: isabelle_13cat1005

2Hostel Circus

Lima, Peru

Comfortable beds, dorms aren't too cramped. Kitchen isn't bad at all. Great wifi by South American standards. Good location in Miraflores. Staff were very helpful. Sadly whilst we were there they were doing a lot of work (which will make it a much better hostel in the long run) so there was a lot (and I mean a lot) of dirt in the main bathroom, and showers weren't hot.

Best hostel we've stayed in in South America. Helpful staff, very clean, hot showers, comfortable warm rooms, lockers, loads of activities in hostel, booked a colca canyon tour through the hostel and it was a good price and good tour. Would stay again. Only thing that could be improved is breakfast, very simple, but this is the same almost everywhere.

Hostel was comfortable and good location. Generally was freezing cold though, but luckily they have a lot of blankets on the beds and small heaters in the rooms. Breakfast was very poor.

Amigo Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Location was good, 5 mins to main square. Kitchen wasn't very well equipped, no knives to eat with and the fridge wasn't in the kitchen, but behind reception.. Hostel was cold at night. Staff weren't particularly helpful. Breakfast was probably the worst I've had in South America so far. Internet was poor. Something was broken in every bathroom. It was fine, but there are much better hostels in Sucre for the same price.

Loro Loco Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Nice hostel, one of the best I've experience in South America, great breakfast by Bolivian standards, good value for money, nice courtyard in the centre of the property, friendly helpful staff, would stay here again.

HI-Jasper

Jasper, Canada

Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

I like a place with lots going on, but this was bad. Not a place for sleeping - at all. Quiet time is at 12am, but not enforced as staff are partying too. Didn't sleep before 5am due to noise. Very cliquey hostel so felt quite uncomfortable in common areas. Very small and cramped dorms. Location was quite good. Great breakfast facilities for a hostel and beds were incredibly comfy. Too expensive for what was on offer though. Have stayed in much nicer private rooms for cheaper.

Well, it is enforced while my staff are working. They are not, however, the fun police though patrolling the hallways at night. Due to being only one hostel, 90% of people staying are very short term so I don't know about this whole cliquey thing no one knows each other, maybe at the next hostel just say hi to someone. I'm sure you found cheaper but it definitely didn't have all the free stuff we offer. This is a hostel after all. I guess good luck to you, Jeff

HI-Edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

Room was a good size and comfortable. Location was ok I think, close to lots of restaurants and shops, but quite a distance from the central Greyhound station and downtown. Laundry facilities were very poor and we had to go elsewhere and find a launderette. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good budget accommodation but nothing special.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful and the room spacious and comfortable. We do have two laundry rooms - one on each side of the building. We are located in the historic Old Strathcona neighbourhood, which is a 10 minute bus ride to Downtown and the Greyhound station. Greg, Manager

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Very helpful staff, friendly environment, good kitchen, great free spaghetti dinner on Sundays. Bathrooms could have been cleaner but they were fine. Location wasn't great, at least 40min walk to some tourist sites and more to others, and 20min walk to subway. Breakfast was very average and much earlier in the morning than any other hostel I've been to, but better than nothing. Should be more bathrooms for number of guests. Had laundry machines but guests weren't allowed to use them - unusual.

Booked this as was cheapest available - didn't end up staying. Turned up after overnight bus at 10am, previously thought boat left at 12pm so we would have access before then after allowed check-in time (10am), desperately needed to shower, was told we couldn't get on the boat until 8:30pm and that we should check out the public toilets instead. Booked "double bed room", but was bunk beds, staff blamed this on hostelworld. Cancelled booking and stayed in a hotel. They did refund the stay though.

Horrible beds. Mattress/pillows covered in vinyl, sheets didn't fit, slipped around all nights, pillows kept slipping onto floor. Very embarrassingly badly decorated. Kitchen too small for more than 2-4 people. Vicious dog lives in hostel. Tried to bite us on several occasions with no provocation - no apology from staff. If the dog doesn't like new people IT SHOULD NOT BE IN A HOSTEL. Bread for "Included breakfast" mentioned by staff was never replaced - one crust for everyone for 3 days. Poor.

Commadité par TAMPAX Une bonne baise peut provoqué le bonheur

La Maison du Patriote

Montreal, Canada

Most homely hostel I have ever stayed in. So comfortable, mostly slept really well, but on weekends staying in the large dorm can be very loud as hostel is right in the central hub and lots of people come to Montreal for the nightlife. We also stayed in a double room on last night - amazing value for money. Close to tourist sights in Vieux-Montreal, so lots of things to do in the area. Well equipped and well maintained kitchen. Wanted to stay longer once it came to the end of our time there!

All Days

Toronto, Canada

Great location in downtown Toronto, close to subway and buses. Clean hostel, friendly staff. Had three different rooms through 2 week stay of varying quality. Double bed rooms were great, however twin room with bunk beds was very poor, no main light, dodgy broken sockets. In general not great noise insulation, could hear everything from other rooms. Great kitchen facilities though.

Aboyn House

Someone else was in my room, had to move to another house. Sent man in a car to pick me up - he was very pleasant but not ideal situation at night when alone/female, was that or remain alone in the dark in the middle of East London... room was clean and nice, kitchen/bathroom was fine, but no towels provided as said on website and no staff around all weekend to ask. Fire alarm beeped loudly every 30 secs, baby crying... Location was ok, close to District/Hammersmith lines. Wouldn't stay again.