Reviews: kristiaa

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Easy to find and great location, a few steps from Gulhane tram stop. Short walk to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, and maybe 15min walk to Grand Bazaar. Security could be better, it's easy to manage to come in undetected. The beds are nice as they are not bunk beds and you can store your stuff under the mattress. I only stayed for one night for a layover and this was a great choice for me.

Main Square

Zagreb, Croatia

Great location, new hostel. LOVE the pod beds - so much privacy. Each bed comes with a big locker as well. Room for backpack, shoes, and you can hang coat or towel. There's no kitchen which is a downside especially if you want to refrigerate something. Also, my only other complaint was that the bathrooms were poorly lit and the hangers in the shower area are in awkward places - you have to hang your towel outside the door. I chose this hostel because I wanted the pod bed and it served me well.

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great location, few steps from cathedral and old town. Hostel itself is great, clean, with very helpful staff. Wifi worked well and the kitchen is well-equipped and has a large table. I believe there was also a TV. This is one of those hostels where you could really kind of slow down and stay for a couple of days and relax and feel at home.

Helvetia Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

Great location, few minutes walk from getting off the ferry, close to the supermarket, main square, post office and restaurants. AC works well, kitchen although a bit old has most of everything you need. The rooftop terrace is pretty awesome and has great views of the port. The owner is very nice and cleans the kitchen every night, makes sure the bathrooms are stocked and closes the terrace, ensuring quiet and safety. Great value for money.

A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof

Dusseldorf, Germany

Accessible by foot from train station. Main town is a good walk away but this suited me as I was only there for one night and needed to be close to the train station. Hostel has that big institution feeling. Nevertheless, staff were helpful, I felt secure and had a pleasant bed for the night.

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

It was my mom's first time in a hostel. We had booked 2 beds in a 6-bed dorm but lucked out and had the whole "apartment" to ourselves. The layout is really interesting. Beds belong to an "apartment" and each one has a bathroom and a mini kitchen. The patio has a very welcoming, hangout vibe with a retractable roof to boot! Location is great. Short walk to Plaza Isabel La Catolica and the 2 main streets of Granada. Breakfast was good. Staff helpful. Highly recommend.

• 14th Nov 2014

San Fermin

San Sebastian, Spain

We only stayed for one night. My friend and I lucked out as we were the only 2 people in a 4-bed dorm. The beds were tight but had everything you could need. Bathroom ensuite was clean and modern. Location is superb right in the old casco. Staff helpful and had kitchen at top floor but we didn't peruse. It did look nice though with a nice terrace.

• 31st Oct 2014

Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

The only thing going for this hostel is the staff and the vibe. Staff were very kind and helpful and it was great and easy to meet people in the lounge. However, accommodations-wise - the hostel does not provide respite after a day out in Marrakesh. No lockers, no privacy or security. The lounge can get very loud and they like to blast music up. There are only 3 showers/toilets, relatively clean but def dilapidated. I have serious doubts about the sheets being changed.

Porto Wine Hostel

Porto, Portugal

I've stayed in many, many hostels and I was pleasantly surprised with this hostel. This hostel has it all! Excellent location, great staff, clean, warm beds, great spacious lockers, nice common room and kitchen and racks inside the showers! This hostel is an absolutely great deal for your money! I can't stress enough how excellent this location is. STAY HERE!

HostelOne Sevilla Alameda

Seville, Spain

Good hostel all in all. I chose it for its "quieter" location away from the tourist center. However, there's a big square right next to the hostel so in the weekends in can still get loud. Had I realized this, I'd have preferred to stay closer to the center and not have had to walk too far to get to the sights. Regardless, my stay here was good.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Pros: Great location. Large hostel so easy to meet people. Very lively vibe if that's what you're looking for. Clean rooms. Cons: WIFI is bad. This was a deal breaker for me. It's bad enough there's no wifi in the rooms but in the lounge even Twitter takes ages to refresh. If you like your wifi, don't stay here. It is worthless. Especially if you're trying to research and book things, you just simply can't do it from the hostel. It's futile and you will get mad and frustrated.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Had a fantastic stay here in Sunshine Bedz. The vibe is very dynamic. Lots of backpackers but also there are families and older guests. Staff is very, very friendly and accommodating. Bathrooms and showers are always clean. Wifi is fast. Location is superb - very close to malls and walkable to Petronas towers. Great great value for your money.

Barmy Badger Backpackers

The hostel itself was nice and the room I stayed in was roomy. My only "complaint" here is I was set for a late check-in at 9pm. However, I wasn't told that the receptionist leaves at 8pm. I stood in the cold for a good 10 minutes frantically buzzing the door til some guests took pity and opened it up for me. I found my linens and a note by the desk but was never advised as to the code for the door or what the deal was. Other than that, I definitely recommend this place.

Equator Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

very close to the MRT station. you won't have to carry your pack so far. its located right behind a huge mall. so if you wanna unwind or shop, it's veryconvenient. the hostel is nice - it has a lounge with a bunch of dvds for your use. they also have washers and the kitchen is self-serve. they have a padlocked gate and grills for the front door. you're also given a key for your room and locker. the bathrooms were ok. i would recommend this hostel.

Fernloft (City) Hostel Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

disregard the complaints in other reviews. there is absolutely nothing to complain about with this hostel unless you really want a hostel for the fun and character. the place is very chill; the staff very helpful. the entire hostel is super super clean. the bathrooms were huge! the location is not such a bad walk from the MRT station (7-10mins). stay in this hostel!! you won't regret it!

Hands down the best hostel I've ever been. Super clean bathrooms. Comfy beds in clean rooms. Large lockers. Free wifi access. Large kitchen. Good breakfast. Super friendly staff. Great location. I couldn't ask for more. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I ended up not staying here. Indeed, it is very institutionalized. It felt like jail for some reason. Bathrooms stink. Staff a bit rude. I would not recommend this. I recommend Budget Hotel Tourist Inn in Spuistraat. I didn't even feel bad paying for this hostel and not having stayed there. It was actually a relief.

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

No character and not fun. BUT a worthwhile stay. The beds are very comfy. The bathrooms could be cleaner but good for hostel standards. The dining area is huge with a big TV. Free breakfast. Great location.

Arco Youth Hostel A&A

Barcelona, Spain

For a hostel, the place is pretty good. It was fairly clean. Place is secure. Lockers available for 10 euro deposit which you can get back when you check out. Breakfast was ok. I LOVED the coffee. The location is EXCELLENT right by the Ramblas. READ: Make sure you go by the directions and not just by the address because the address is wrong. The bathrooms were fine and so were the beds. If all you need is a place to stay you want to be near the center, I HIGHLY recommend this hostel.

Ivanhoe Hostel

Rome, Italy

Breakfast was 2€ a day or 5€ for 3 days. Location is very good. 1 minute walk from Cavour Metro Station. Colosseum is 5 minute walk at the most. Termini Station is 5 minute walk as well. The staff was fun and helpful. The bathrooms are ok. The showers were so good especially after a whole day of touring Rome. The other people staying there were fun as well! I would come back here for sure.