Reviews: pwendtland1969

Penthouse Hostel

Yerevan, Armenia

Ujamaa Hostel

Arusha, Tanzania

Loved our stay there! Great people, great food, you don't want to leave again :-) I had paid the stay on beforehand via Paypal, but I had already forgotten about it, so I pad again in cash. When I realized it was already a week later. I contacted the hostel and they re-credited me via Paypal immediately. Very honest, thanks a lot!

Karibu Hostel

Moshi, Tanzania

We booked a double, yet stayed in a bungalow outside. Apparently no double rooms in the main building, just dorms. Part of the bungalow's consisted only of wire mesh - this gave us a "chicken stable" feeling. The mesh was so wide that all insects could come in, and obviously there was no sound insulation at all. We could hardly sleep because of the trucks bumping through the potholes on the road beside. The facilities outside were, well, very *basic*. There's a kitchen, but cooking is forbidden.

We are so sorry that you had this experience. We pride ourselves on giving 100% satisfaction within the limits of being a hostel. We reviewed your booking which was for a twin or double bungalow. We wish that you had addressed your concerns at the time as the standard double room was available. We are a hostel and our facilities are basic along with the price. We offer both breakfast and diinner and as a convenience to our guests an upstairs kitchen, no stove but refrigerator, plates...

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

City Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

WoW Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The private rooms are actually not in the same building as the hostel, but around the block, 2 sets of stairs down and then 2 sets of stairs up again. For breakfast, internet, contacting staff etc. you have to walk around the block. Very inconvenient! They charged us 10% "service charge" on top. Yes, it was announced on hostelworld, but only in smallprint. I was not prepared for this extra charge and I have never experienced something like that before... Breakfast was poor, no milk with cereals!

Borneo Global Backpackers

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Marco Polo

Kuching, Malaysia

Very, very friendly. Exceptionally helpful staff. Thank you so much, we'll always stay at Marco Polo again if we return to Kuching.

Thanks for staying with us & we hope to see you again when you visit sarawak & borneo. A way of appreciation for our guests is to be courteous & helpful when they need help anytime. We wish you a happy trip to your country . Regards, Sam/geo/judith

Vy Khanh Hostel

Hostal Forestal

Santiago, Chile

The Babushka Grand Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

I had an absolutely fabulous time at the Babushka Grand! The atmosphere is relaxed, cool, inspiring...people were kind, caring, interesting....Nick, who runs the place, as well as his fellow staff were extremely helpful and kind and made me feel welcome and homely virtually from the moment I entered. They prepared a typical Ukrainian dinner on one evening, for the whole bunch of people at the hostel - it was sooo much fun! I can do nothing but to strongly recommend the place - you'll love it!!!

Chisinau Hostel

Chisinau, Moldova

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Its a cool place to explore Cairo. You are close to all the main sites in the centre, like the Souq, Islamic Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, the Nile, train and bus stations... Staff are very friendly and helpful and can help you organise tours and trips. You will definetely have a great time here!

Hostel Old Town Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

There were very few people staying at the hostel and the reception wasn't staffed most of the day. However, you could call them and they would help you quite quickly. But this of course results in less fun than you'd have in a fully booked and staffed hostel. But the place was modern, clean, safe and if you like it a bit more quiet, it's perfect. The location is excellent, as well. The fun factor obviously might get better once there are more people staying there. So: Go and make it fun :-)