Reviews: k_aberdeen3404

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

It was quite good and supplied all my needs - a clean, secure private room, breakfast, internet and handy to the city . However I did have to wander the corridors looking for a free bathroom at times. Also the tiny breakfast room could not cope with the number of people trying to eat. My room was noisy some nights with guests spilling out onto the street below my window loudly talking and playing music - but they did give out free earplugs if needed!

• 8th Aug 2013

Emmaus House Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

Emmaus House was lovely. Janet, Andrew and Jonathon were delightful and their warm welcome made me feel right at home. My room was very clean and comfortable and the meals were delicious. I especially liked the communal meals which gave all the guests a chance to get to know each other a little. Thanks EH.

• 29th Jul 2013

Lambrettas Hostel

Bath, England

The room was excellent - clean and comfortable - and the location perfect. My only worry was that I (a 'senior') had to drag my suitcase up 3 floors (6 flights of steps) by myself. Fortunately a kind guest helped me for the last 2 flights. Most places I have stayed in, including hostels, have offered help if I am on the third (or more) floor. There were no other facilities, other than the bar next door - the 'lounge' only had a bureau and a table so was not really usable.

• 3rd Jul 2013

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

I was not overly fussed considering what I paid (wanted single but had to pay for double).My room was tiny and the tv unwatchable. We had to eat in the very loud, crowded public bar - and even half of that was closed off for much of the evening due to a comedy act showing. The "Chill Out" room was not inviting. The wifi was only useable in the public bar so I had to perch in a corner - if I could find one. However the staff were friendly and the location for what I wanted to do was excellent