Reviews: USJanner

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 57

Kensal Green Backpackers, London, England
6.6
28th Apr 2015

It was a shame that payment could only be made in cash at the front desk. This caused inconvenience, in terms of finding an ATM and resulted in my having to use my credit card to obtain the necessary cash--to my cost, in this instance. The breakfast deal was pleasantly adequate, however.

New Cross Inn Hostel, London, England
15th Mar 2013

A little cramped at times, due to its sheer popularity! I hope to stay here again.

26th Jan 2013

All right, so the dormitory was pretty full of travelers like myself, but that was I was supposed to expect. For anyone on a tight budget it is a very useful venue.

18th Jan 2013

Only problem was a plumbing issue that was resolved, anyway, during the time i happened to be staying! No-one could help the weather, of course, but it was warm inside--and that's what really counts!

Hey there! Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon! Your St Christopher's Inn Team :)

Niagara Falls Backpackers Hostel, Niagara Falls, Canada
17th Sep 2012

Am staying on a few days longer. I wish I could afford to remain a few months...!

University Apartment, Toronto, Canada
10th Sep 2012

Hope to be returning before too long. I will remember to wear my shoes when I step out on to the metal grille!!

Clarence Castle, Toronto, Canada
9.3
13th Aug 2011

Just subtly off the beaten track, but far from impossible to locate. Pleasant, decent and unpretentious, unself-conscious atmosphere; just what an off beat individual with a leaning toward the unconventional needs in the midst of Canada's biggest metropolis!

Global Village Backpackers, Toronto, Canada
6.0
10th Sep 2010

Due to a lack of sufficient ID, I was not able to stay at this hostel. I may have to avoid making advance bookings in future, as these cost money. Why doesn't Ontario offer simple ID cards for those who don't drive motor-vehicles (non-electric)?.

Hi there, I apologise that you could not stay in our hostel. It does state on our listing on hostelworld.com that a passport or driving license is required to stay with us. This is for the security of all of our guests. Again, I apologise for the inconvenience and hope that if you are ever in Toronto again (with a passport handy if you do not drive) we would be glad to welcome you to our hostel.

Global Village Kensington, Toronto, Canada
1st Sep 2010

I look forwrd to seeing the hostel fully refurbished, but I hope that it does not lose too much of its earthy charm in the bargain!

Don't worry we have still managed to keep our 'earthy charm', and the place is really coming alive. Thanks so much for your comment and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future, and seeing our finished product!

HI-Montreal, Montreal, Canada
29th Jun 2009

Will be attempting to stay longer!

I see that you are still inhouse Vincent... NICE! sorry for the "moving room" thing sometime it happen when people stay for long .. but hey it is a good sign when people stay long right.. we must be doing something right!! So thanks for your trust buddy!! Isabelle Hi-Montr�al

Global Village Kensington, Toronto, Canada
6.7
10th May 2009

Facilities generally adequate/good, but the bathrooms need a little sprucing up; more soap,paper and better lighting. Showers were usually hot, though, which is a definite plus. Worth another try, I'd say.

St Christopher's Inn Newquay, Newquay, England
9.0
16th Dec 2008

Great place to stay, even if I happened to be there at a very quiet time of year. Nonetheless, I would like to be back before too long e.g. in May/June. Thanks! Vincent L.

St Christopher's Hammersmith, London, England
30th Nov 2008

Thanks for being so accessible! Hope to be checking out your sister hostel in Newquay soon!

HI-Toronto, Toronto, Canada
14th Nov 2008

Don't know what it will be like in the depth of winter, but the biggest challenge is keeping the dormitories warm. Otherwise, it's a really congenial place and agood base from which to branch out and become acquainted with parts of the city.

Ottawa Backpackers Inn, Ottawa, Canada
17th Oct 2008

Thanks for putting up with me! Contrary to the assumption of the odd individual, I am not THE noisiest person on the planet, however!!

HI-Niagara Falls Hostel, Niagara Falls, Canada
11th Oct 2008

Would like to stay longer than I have booked to remain, but unfortunately Ottawa beckons!

Ottawa Backpackers Inn, Ottawa, Canada
18th Aug 2008

Have been made to feel comfortable and welcome. Thanks! VINCENT LEWER.

ACBB, London, Canada
7.0
31st Jul 2008

I've been staying during a very quiet period, during which the number of boarders and staff members present has been minimal. I hope to return in just over one week's time and form a more definite impression of the venue. However, I have been personally very comfortable so far!