Excellent location and fantastic value. Only drawbacks were the fact that there was only one working shower on a couple of days and the small common room- no alcohol could be brought in either due to the hostel also being a pub! Have to say, once I actually got into the shower it was one of the best I've had anywhere!

• 2nd Feb 2013

Oporto Sky Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Only there for one night but the staff were great, good facilities and they even got breakfast early for me when I had to leave for a flight first thing in the morning! Nice location too and lockers keys were included.

• 8th Sep 2012
  • Scotland

Nice clean and modern hostel in a good area - a pleasant hour's walk to Plaza Catalunya or v. well connected by metro. Free breakfast, outside terrace and friendly staff who gave us a great dinner recommendation. Lots of shops nearby. Only complaint would be the early (10am) check out but I would definitely return!

• 18th Jul 2011

Arco Youth Hostel A&A

Barcelona, Spain

Great location and nice looking hostel, even had a security guard who went round the rooms at night (bit unnecessary I thought...). Not too hard to find if you follow the directions and right by the Rambla and metro station. Only complaints would be that there were only two sockets in a room of 12 people and that the guy on reception didn't really explain the rules or deposit system very well.

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

One of the nicest hostels I've been to, when I arrived they carried my bag upstairs for me and gave me a tour. All the staff we so friendly and fun. I was in town to visit a friend so I was pretty antisocial but if I'd been travelling alone I know I would have had plenty chances to meet people, do things and hang out. I think it was popular with long term travellers. Well connected to the centre and near to Union St and walking distance from Megabus stop. Thanks guys!

• 24th Jun 2011

H.I. Boston Downtown

Boston, USA

Nice location with plenty places to eat nearby and with all attractions in walking distance.

We had a great stay in Los Amigos, the staff and guests were all really friendly and it was in a great location. Despite the fact our room was facing Calle Arenal it wasn't too noisy. There was a range of guests so I guess the social side depends on that but the staff had a good knowledge of where to go and what to do which was really helpful. My only complaints would be that the common room was quite small which wasn't a problem for us but might be if there were a lot of people wanting to use it and that t

Astor Hyde Park

Me and a friend stayed for two nights, lovely hostel and amazing value.Good range of breakfast foods and a friendly TV lounge and downstairs commonroom that played music in the evenings. Shared our dorm with some lovely people which always helps!The en suite shower was one of the best I\'ve used.Nicely located near the tube and in a great building, only complaint would be the heat but seeing as it was one of the hottest days of the year and we did have fans in the dorm so not a major problem.