The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
24th Jan 2016

Really nice common area with TV, sofas, etc and wonderful staff. There was a problem with the a/c in my room and they fixed it immediately. Wifi is only on the ground floor which might be a problem for some, and there is no lift, but I would highly recommend this hostel!

Magpie Residence, Penang, Malaysia
21st Jan 2016

I loved my stay at Magpie! Honestly, if I could have stayed here for a month I would have. The staff were so friendly and lovely and there is such a warm atmosphere. It's obvious that they really care about making sure people have a nice stay. The cube-style bunks are extremely spacious and the fan above the bed was much appreciated. In terms of location, everything is a short walk away, including buses to everywhere. I have already recommended Magpie to friends and will keep doing so!

Dorms KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20th Jan 2016

Wonderful staff and an absolutely delicious roti breakfast. I wish I could have stayed longer at Dorms KL and if I ever return I will definitely be going here. After three different hostels in KL, this was my favourite.

Check Inn HK, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
15th Jan 2016

Wonderful staff who were always willing to help with anything and a really good atmosphere for meeting other travellers. I would love to return someday to see how the renovations went! And the highlight of my stay was probably the dim sum we all went for with Vincent. Thank you so much :)

Five Stones Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
12th Jan 2016

Jalan-Jalan Emas, Melaka, Malaysia
10th Jan 2016

Wonderful staff made this place a pleasure to stay in! Really, really hot though - no a/c just fans by each bed

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8th Jan 2016

Nice hostel, felt more like a hotel in terms of size! Free dinner was decent and the rooms were kept the right temperature considering the Malaysian heat. Other than the rooftop bar, I wouldn't say it was a particularly social place so I would say it's more for those that want to party hard than for hanging out and meeting people. Definitely good for the hard partying though!

Little Big House, Thessaloniki, Greece
19th Nov 2015

Absolutely beautiful hostel with the perfect hostess! I will definitely return if I'm ever in Thessaloniki again :)

Athens Backpackers, Athens, Greece
11th Nov 2015

Perfect location right next to the Acropolis and just around the corner from the metro. Balcony was a big bonus, though maybe a cosier common area would be nice for socialising.

Space Hostel Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
19th Jul 2015

Really beautiful hostel! Liked that there were plenty showers, traditional Japanese decor and the roof area was nice to relax after a long day. Not the closest to many sights, but the metro stop was so near that it wasn't a problem and it's a nice walk anyways!

17th Jul 2015

Decent hostel, friendly staff and a nice common area. Not the closest to the main sights, but everything was in walking distance and it was very close to the station which was more important to me with my luggage!

The Deer Park Inn, Nara, Japan
16th Jul 2015

Beautiful hostel, highly recommended! It was wonderful to be able to go straight out into the park before it got busy and if it hadn't been for the weather I am sure I would also have gone for a walk at night (with flashlights provided!). Such friendly staff too. Highly recommended.

Khaosan Kyoto Theater, Kyoto, Japan
13th Jul 2015

Nice hostel, thought the 'capsule' style bunk beds were cute too!

Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan
9th Jul 2015

Great location and lovely welcoming staff! I especially liked the rest area with the soft floor and the fake grass upstairs.

La Banda Rooftop Hostel, Seville, Spain
13th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever visited. Amazing staff, great atmosphere and perfect for meeting other travellers. The dinner on the rooftop was delicious every night as well as being a great chance to socialise and enjoy the views of the cathedral. If I ran a hostel I'd want it to be like La Banda :)

Granada Inn Backpackers, Granada, Spain
11th Apr 2015

Really beautiful building with nicely equipped rooms and probably one of the best showers I've ever had in a hostel! Would definitely recommend.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
Aline Hostel, Chefchaouen, Morocco
8th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff, the roof terrace was a lovely place to spend the evening with views of the Spanish mosque.

Thank you for your comment. We were pleased to have you at our hostel.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Feb 2013

Excellent location and fantastic value. Only drawbacks were the fact that there was only one working shower on a couple of days and the small common room- no alcohol could be brought in either due to the hostel also being a pub! Have to say, once I actually got into the shower it was one of the best I've had anywhere!

Oporto Sky Hostel, Porto, Portugal
8th Sep 2012

Only there for one night but the staff were great, good facilities and they even got breakfast early for me when I had to leave for a flight first thing in the morning! Nice location too and lockers keys were included.

7.3
18th Jul 2011

Nice clean and modern hostel in a good area - a pleasant hour's walk to Plaza Catalunya or v. well connected by metro. Free breakfast, outside terrace and friendly staff who gave us a great dinner recommendation. Lots of shops nearby. Only complaint would be the early (10am) check out but I would definitely return!

Arco Youth Hostel A&A, Barcelona, Spain
11th Jul 2011

Great location and nice looking hostel, even had a security guard who went round the rooms at night (bit unnecessary I thought...). Not too hard to find if you follow the directions and right by the Rambla and metro station. Only complaints would be that there were only two sockets in a room of 12 people and that the guy on reception didn't really explain the rules or deposit system very well.

Downtown Washington Hostel, Washington DC, USA
24th Jun 2011

One of the nicest hostels I've been to, when I arrived they carried my bag upstairs for me and gave me a tour. All the staff we so friendly and fun. I was in town to visit a friend so I was pretty antisocial but if I'd been travelling alone I know I would have had plenty chances to meet people, do things and hang out. I think it was popular with long term travellers. Well connected to the centre and near to Union St and walking distance from Megabus stop. Thanks guys!

HI - Boston Downtown, Boston, USA
7.7
18th Jun 2011

Nice location with plenty places to eat nearby and with all attractions in walking distance.

8.7
22nd Apr 2011

We had a great stay in Los Amigos, the staff and guests were all really friendly and it was in a great location. Despite the fact our room was facing Calle Arenal it wasn't too noisy. There was a range of guests so I guess the social side depends on that but the staff had a good knowledge of where to go and what to do which was really helpful. My only complaints would be that the common room was quite small which wasn't a problem for us but might be if there were a lot of people wanting to use it and that t

Astor Hyde Park, London, England
23rd Jun 2010

Me and a friend stayed for two nights, lovely hostel and amazing value.Good range of breakfast foods and a friendly TV lounge and downstairs commonroom that played music in the evenings. Shared our dorm with some lovely people which always helps!The en suite shower was one of the best I\'ve used.Nicely located near the tube and in a great building, only complaint would be the heat but seeing as it was one of the hottest days of the year and we did have fans in the dorm so not a major problem.