Location: Netherlands, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Canberra, Australia

• 15th Jan 2014

Hush Hostel Lounge

Istanbul, Turkey

A little hard to find, but a nice place and a warm welcome - even early in the morning! Breakfast wasn't very special, but ok. A nice place to stay.

• 8th Nov 2013

Vancouver, Canada

Said I was coming back and I did! It's a good place at a good location. It looks a bit old fashioned, but it offers good facilities. The staff is great - very helpfull and kind. Oh and their breakfast... it's very good! Small kitchen though, so you need to share tables with other hostelers. It's a bit too tiny if you ask me. Conclusion; good place to stay. See you again!

• 18th Jun 2012

Alias Youthhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

It's about a 10 min. walk from the central station, which is fine. The hostel was very old and could use some renovations, but it was clean! That's what counts for me. The breakfast was simple, but good.Staff was very kind and helpful. It would have been fun to have a kitchen and livingroom to hang out with other travellers. The place is OK and not too expensive..

• 27th Aug 2010

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Great location, friendly and helpful staff and great wifi! I'd stay again!

Hostel Stadion

Helsinki, Finland

It's easy to get there, but it's a bit out of town. There are two female showers for a whole floor, which isn't much! The bathrooms are ok, but the sinks aren't that clean... The dorms are big and spacious, which is great! Good security too. The staff is helpful and friendly, which is great! Keep it up! Thanks!

Thank you for your comments. We have an old building but we try to do our best to maintain the hostel in the acceptable conditions! Helsinki is a small town so sometimes a 20 minute walk to get to us feels like an eternity! it's about 2 kms from us to the central railway station a nice walk if the weather permits that (or one can always use one of the passing tram lines)! Welcome back to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. Best Regards, Vesa Taiveaho, director, Stadion Hostel

Nice place!

HI Lake Louise

Banff, Canada

The dorms were a bit small for 6 people with ski's and snowboards! The lockers weren't very useful.. The location was good; five minutes from 'downtown' area and busstop. You can eat at a cheap and good restaurant, located in the hostel, which is great! I also loved your lounge! It's a good place to stay; nice and clean! I'd come back!

HI-Banff Alpine Centre

Banff, Canada

The hostel has a nice location, but it's a 30 min. walk into town. There's a busstop at 2 minutes from the hostel, which runs twince an hour. The dorms are nice, but small. There's a ensuite bathroom, which is good and clean! I can't think of anything that wasn't good... I'd stay again!

HI-Jasper

Jasper, Canada

The hostel is out of town, so the location is not the best. There's a FREE shuttle running from the hostel to town, twice a day. The times are not the best, but at least you don't have to grab a cab! The hostel is very, very clean and really fun! Great staff (thanks again, especially for the speakers :P). The dorms are very big and dark! It would be nice to have a (bed)light in de room, so you can (un)pack with lights! Maybe you can include that in the renovations??

HI-Edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

The location is not the best; it's a 10 min. busride to the downtown area, which is too bad. The hostel is close to the busstop, so it's easy to reach or to go somewhere. The staff is really nice and helpufull and the hostel is very, very clean! The common area's are nice and cosy and it's a really good place to stay. The location is the only thing that sucks! :)

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you didn't like our location. Usually that is one of the biggest draws to our property. People love that we are located so close to the funky neighborhood of Old Strathcona. Next time you come to Edmonton then make sure to ask the Front Desk for ideas on activities and events in the area! I think once you realize how close we are to the action you will change your negativity towards our location. Hope to see you soon! Ryan Manager

HI Calgary City Centre

Calgary, Canada

Great staff, very nice and helpful! Thanks! Good location; next to (free) train to downtown are and Calgary Tower. Nice spacious dorms with BIG lockers. Also a good kitchen and very clean. I'd stay again!

HI - Winnipeg Downtown

Winnipeg, Canada

Great location! The staff was nice and helpful and they have a nice lounge area and a good kictchen (witch huuuge tv!). Winnipeg is very boring at this time of the year, but the hostel was fun! I enjoyed my stay! I can reccomend it to anyone!

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Great location, nice and helpful staff and nice dorms! Too bad that you have to pay for the lockers ($1 each time). I enjoyed my stay and 'll reccomend it!

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

It's not the cleanest hostel but it's close to attractions (5min) and the Falls (10min). It's a 40 min walk to the bus! (Taxi costs approx. $10). Staff is good and friendly. I got a free upgrade to a private room (with shower and kitchen) and they'll serve you breakfast (incl. fruit and yoghurt)! The kitchens don't have a cooker, but that's the only thing that could do better! I'd reccomend you to stay at least one night since there's lots of things going on in NF!

Thanks for pointing out some of our features and the benefits of staying with us in the off season. We always upgrade whenever possible. Our rates are the lowest in the province and everything is free. Free very healthy breakfast, free internet etc etc. We do not have hidden fees or extra's once you arrive. The apartment we upgraded you to does not have a stove but you said that you didn't need one. We have 4 stoves available to all our guests in our apartment style hostel. Not every kitchen has a stove but all kitchens have fridges and microwaves etc. We developed this style so that there is no crowding in one central kitchen. We think that 3 days is a minimum for the area although the day you were here was very rainy. Once the snow hits it is a winter wonderland here with many things to do and see.

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

Good location; 5 minutewalk to the busstop (not the station!) and close to a shopping mall. The rooms were clean but cold and there were no free lockers in the rooms. Lockers were in the hallway for a dollar, each use! Good kitchen and diningroom (breakfast available, not for free though) and free wireless internet in the lounge (not in rooms).

Great location, inside the wall. It's just a small walk (5-10 min) to shops, restaurants and poutine! The rooms are spacious and clean and have bedlights (!) and a little book-shelf (!!). The bathrooms are great; showers are a bit small but it's all super clean! There's also lots of activities and a bar and stuff. I'd reccomend it to anyone!

HI-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

The hostel has a good spot -> right downtown. You're close to the metrostation (1 block) and attractions like Mont Royal and Vieux-Montréal. The staff is really nice and helpful and the hostel has a good atmosphere. The rooms are fine and clean, exept for the bathrooms. They could be cleaned more often!

Hi Jill, Thanks for the comment. I will talk to the cleaning coordinator. I see that you were in a 10 bed dorm. I lot of people use it but even though usually the batheroom are cleaned everyday. So I'll have a look at who was working on your floor during you stay here. I am worried because we rarely get a low mark on the cleanliness. and we don't want that to happen. Thanks again bringing that to our attention. We'll do what we must to keep it cleaner.

Vancouver, Canada

Good loctation! It\'s right downtown and just a small walk to Robson Str, Turist Information and lots of other stuff! There\'s a pub underneath the hostel, which is great if you want to hang out, but terrible if you want to catch some sleep! Good place to stay! I\'d come back and reccomend it to anyone!

Vancouver, Canada

Great hostel! The location is good, the staff very helpful and there's lots of stuff to do during weekdays. There's a bar beside this hostel, which is fun if you want to hang out and terrible if you want to catch some sleep! The rooms are nice and clean, but the washrooms..? They should be cleaned more often!

Surfs Inn Guesthouse

Ucluelet, Canada

This was a great hostel! It was like a big apartment with a good kitchen and cozy livingroom. The dorm was a bit small (not much space for luggage) but really clean, just like the rest of this hostel. The security was poor; all doors were open and everybody could just walk in and out. There were also no lockers availible, so that didn't feel safe. Besides of that, I had a great stay!

I thank you very much for the positive comments but would like to remind you that the town of Ucluelet is extremely safe and there are little to no safety/security issues. I hope this false reporting of low security does not attract the predator type to our town. The Surfs Inn offers plenty of both security and storage options in its rooms and office as well as staff living 24hrs on site. I believe people need to change what they know about security. The Surfs Inn is likely safer on any given day than if it were in the city with armed guards in front of it!!

C&N Backpackers Hostels

Port Hardy, Canada

This hostel was very clean and had a good kitchen with good equipment. The showers and toilets were also good and very clean! Port Hardy itself is not very interesting; one night at this place is more than enough! The hostel didn\\\'t have a lot of travellers, so it was really quiet! It\\\'s too bad that the hostel didn\\\'t have any computers or lockers! Also the rooms didn\\\'t have a lock or anything, so that didn\\\'t feel safe. Besides that I had a great stay!

HI-Vancouver Downtown

Vancouver, Canada

I didn't really like my stay. The rooms looked fine, but were small and really HOT! There was a fan in the room, but it didn't really cool down. Another thing that I didn't like were the showers. There were only three showers and three toilets available for a whole floor and they weren't clean! Good things about this hostel were the activities that they offerd and the breakfast. It was also good that they have lockers in the rooms and luggage storage after the check-out.

HI-Victoria

Victoria, Canada

Nice hostel! It's clean and the people are friendly and helpful. The lociation is great; you're right downtown and close to everyting!