Reviews: mel_r

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Buddy Lodge

Bangkok, Thailand

We were delayed getting in but they were fantastic at communicating with us via email. Then we were given a twin room when we booked a double, but they changed it straight away. Having the rooftop pool was amazing. Some of the staff there were very helpful. Would definitely recommend as it was reasonable and right in the heart of the action. Also helpful having a trip/travel booking place in the building as we were able to book a trip to floating markets.

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great location is you come on night bus from Nha Trang, as it drops you pretty much across the road. Staff were helpful and could see that I was tired from my journey, so cleaned the room and let me check in early. They suggested places to go and how to get there and helped book tours if you want. The room was not the cleanest, but for the price I am not complaining. There was no hot water for my shower on my first night, so she called her brother to come and fix it straight away. Great service!

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This lived up to all the good reviews I had read. Place was clean and in excellent location. Arrived early in the morning, but was able to have a shower, change, use wifi and they cleaned my room as soon as other checked out so I could have a nap as the night bus had been awful. Even though I only stayed one night the staff made an effort to learn my name and gave me hugs goodbye when I left. Easy to meet other travellers if you are alone, as has a great common area. Highly recommend this place.

An Hoi Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Swimming pool was awesome! Breakfast was good, with a nice view. Stayed an extra night no worries. Excellent location, 5 mins from old town and so many good restaurants on the street.Wifi wouldn't let me check fb on my phone, but everything else was fine. Don't book the overnight bus to Nha Trang through them- it was dirty and not well organised and the driver was making stops in weird places to drop off and pick up stuff! No complaints about the hotel though. Would stay here again.

Tran Ly Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Staff were helpful- the young girl was the best. Room was good and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was also good. No complaints. Pick up from train station was also great- even when the train was a bit late. Would stay here again.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff at this hostel are what makes it so great. Kim and David were both so helpful in booking tours and train tickets. When my trip to Halong Bay got cut short due to weather, Kim rearranged all my travel so I could get to other places earlier to make the most of my trip. Also helpful in suggesting where to go in the city. The free tea, coffee and fruit all day is awesome! Showers and breakfast offered even when just coming back from Sapa and leaving for Hue on the same day. 5 star service!

Citystay Mitte

Berlin, Germany

Was good hostel to stay at. Nice newish rooms that were spacious. Only real gripe was that some of the showers didn\'t drain properly, so often standing in ankle deep water.

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Didn\'t expect too much as it was advertised as \'worst hostel\' in reception. Location was good. We did get indivdual lockers, but the keys either didn\'t work or opened the lockers that were already in use (meaning most keys could open most what is the point of even locking it!) Very noisy at night, don\'t expect to sleep, although I hear that is the same for most hostels in amsterdam.

Was a great hostel to stay in. Loved the curtains for each individual bunk as you don\'t get disturdbed when someone turns on the lights! Bar was pretty good. Would stay again.

Easy location to get to. Room fine for the price. The staff weren't that helpful and the woman at breakfast wouldn't let us take our toast/biscuits with us even tho it was in our allocated portions!!