Reviews: HezkyCesky

Location Israel, Gender Male, Age 40

5th Feb 2015

I stayed in a private room - more like a boutique-style hotel room than what you'd find in a stereotypical hostel. Spotless room, helpful staff, great location - walking distance to pretty much everything.

Florentine Backpackers Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
26th May 2013

Absolutely loved staying here. Amazing staff, great vibe and atmosphere. I had a private room which was generally clean and well kept. Like everyone else, I didn't appreciate the noise factor with the next-door machine shop much, but whatever. If you're sleeping in past 0730 in Tel Aviv you're missing out anyway!

Marom Haifa, Haifa, Israel
24th May 2013

Very nice rooms, very helpful staff, good value for the money. By far the best breakfast spread I had in any hostel/hotel while I was in the Middle East. The obvious drawback - location. Nice place to stay for sure, but it is definitely out of the way. Unless you're an intrepid walker like me, it's a long walk to the Haifa areas of interest.

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
20th May 2013

I stayed in a private room; clean place, good location, super helpful general staff. The bar was good, and had a blast with the bartenders and staff.

HI Eilat, Eilat, Israel
19th May 2013

I only stayed for one night so I don't have a really good appreciation for the hostel, but it's a big place and the front desk staff were very attentive and helpful. I arrived early after traveling for ages, and the guy at the reception desk really went out of his way to get me into a room so I could get cleaned up. Can't beat that kind of service at any price.

Jordan Tower Hostel, Amman, Jordan
15th May 2013

Noise doesn't bother me as it's part of the character of a place like Amman or Cairo, but some people might not appreciate the constant din of a busy street. Everything was good about this place except that I had to change my reservation due to an unexpected change in my plans. The management refused any credit for the room even though I gave them notice of almost but not exactly a full day, as they requested. Obviously then I paid for a night that I couldn't use. Arbitrary policy.

Meramees Hostel, Cairo, Egypt
10th May 2013

Best staff ever. These guys bent over backwards to make sure the experience was good. Cannot recommend them highly enough. The rooms are quite humble, but nevertheless clean and comfortable. Meramees is about a 20-minute walk to the train station and a good place to start exploring Cairo on foot and get off the beaten track. Whenever possible I walk everywhere when I travel, so having centrally-located lodging is important.

Sir Toby's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
5th May 2012

I didn't much care for getting charged 4% to use my credit card to pay for the room. The majority of banks charge 3% so taking profit on something everyone else in the civilized world does for nothing isn't really a good policy.

Hotel Lasserhof, Salzburg, Austria
8.7
9th Jan 2011

This is not a hostel, but a proper hotel. Lasserhof provided a fine hotel experience, especially for the money. Also, the hotel is a only a few minutes' walk away from the Salzburg Hauptbanhof which makes it convenient. Clean, quiet, comfortable, with a professional, helpful staff. And a simple breakfast is included.