Reviews: scubadoc

Location: Germany, Gender: Male, Age: 43

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Clean rooms, probably more spacious than in other hostels. Good air-con. Staff was friendly but sometimes informaton was a bit scarce when it came to advice about hikes, diving etc. But still okay. Good breakfast. No proper common room except for one table in upstairs kitchen (only found out about back rooms and yaed as I left). Tasty food in onsite perkilo restaurant. Quiet location but away from the beach.

Very helpful staff, great location on the beach, close to the old city. Internt wasn't working but we could use WiFi at Geko Hostel next door. Breakfast on the beach :-))

Curitiba Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

Nice hostel with a good location in the old part of town. Lots of pubs/vafes nearby. Close to hop-on-hop-off bus.Not far from bus terminal and train station.Friendly staff, some of them speak some English. Free WiFi. Good breakfast. Rooms somewhat cramped. I had booked a 6-bed dorm but had to stay in a 9-bed dorm...

Hostel-Posty

Bremen, Germany

Convenient location close to the train station with good connections to the airport. Walking distance into town and to congress center. Clean but basic rooms. Surprisingly quiet inside the hostel - maybe that depended on the guests... Very friendly staff. Basic breakfast in the morning but good enough for a start.

Thank you very much for your rating! We hope to see you soon again. The hostel-posty Team

Good place to stay, about 10min walk to the beach. Not right in the 'party zone' and thus reasonably quiet. Unfortunatly my room was right above the entrance/outside restaurant and thus a bit noisy at times (depending on how drunk/respectful the arriving guests were. Maybe ask for a room a bit further away...

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I had a private room without aircon. It was really hot inside, much hotter than in the rest of the hostel I would recommend aircon...

La Cigana

Tulum, Mexico

Staff seemed a bit 'dysphoric'. Few people in bar area / common room. Rooms okay, beds comfortable enough, mattresses a bit hard.

Overall good hostel, kind and helpful staff. It was a bit cold, though. Comfy sitting area. Cheap drinks/food etc. Discount tickets for ice and snow festival etc available. Rooms were a bit noisy, locks on door dogdy.

Interesting experience for one night - probably wouldn't stay longer, though. Small private capsule, otherwise only common rooms (restaurant, TV, internet, rest area, Spa area). Strange concept that everybody wear the same pyjamas... Close to red light district.Lockers very small (not enough space for a backpack which needs to be left at reception - inconvenient if you need to acccess your luggage.

Yudanaka Seifu-so

Nagano Snow Monkey Park, Japan

Kind staff, excellent Japanese breakfast (a bit expensive, though). Typically Japanese rooms. Onsens on site. Free transfer to snow monkey park. I never met other travellers in the 'common room' though.

Absalon Annex

Copenhagen, Denmark

Thin walls, can be a bit noisy. There are smelly smoker's rooms - make sure you don't get one f you are a non-smoker!

3-bed-dorms were not available - although I had a booking for one... Instead, I was in a tiny, tiny 6-bed-dorm which was quite stuffy

Guesthouse Dover

St Lawrence Gap, Barbados

Good place. My room was in the owner's private house. Easy going. Only drawback is that smoking is allowed (and widely practised), so there is a mild reek of cigarette smoke everywhere. Not too bad, though, as windows are open most of the time anyway.

I had a single room and while I was away someone had searched the inside of my backpack (I usually tie the main compartment in a certain way, twist buckles etc. and that was all different when I got back! Nothing was stolen though but it doesn't make you feel safe.

Knights Court Hostel

Riga, Latvia

For some reason my online booking through hostelworld for a bed in a 3-bed dorm hadn\'t come through (even though I received the confirmation e-mail) but I was given a 2-bed room with ensuite for the same rate instead!