Reviews: thomasmartensbe8186

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

We had a good stay in the hostel, mainly because the rooms are very clean and the beds are good. The weather was also nice, so we could enjoy our balcony. For a price of 80e/night for a couple you would expect the shower to always work and have warm water though. The hostel is well-located, but I find it too big, which makes it a bit impersonal. Breakfast is nothing special. Internet is only available in the common area.

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

Katy's Place

Krk, Croatia

The hostel was located close to the see (5 min walk) and the room was clean. The walls were a bit thin so if both rooms were taken, it was slightly noisy, but the rooms were decent, as were the showers and on the whole it was a good value-for-money proposition. The owner Katica did not speak english which led to some communication difficulties, but everything was solved with a smile so we felt really at ease. Would recommend the place for a 2-3 day stay!

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Belgium

H.I. Boston Downtown

Boston, USA

a typical HI: not that much fun but clean and safe. The activities organized were fun though (I liked the comedy night in contrast to many others :) )

Pied-A-Terre Montreal

Montreal, Canada

a good hostel basically; 10 minute walk to the metro; staff were friendly and it was clean

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

A supercool hostel with a fun owner - he's a little crazy but in a good way :) definitely go there; it's a safe choice!

Crown Brownstone

New York, USA

This is a great hostel. One of the only times that the staff actually hung out with people and had a nice conversation with you... the rooms are clean; people are friendly. The neigbourhood seems a little sketchy at first but it seemed to be safe; I walked through it a couple of times late at night and I had no difficulties at all

Amsterdam Hostel

San Francisco, USA

A good place to visit SF from, and the common room is nice to meet people - although for some strange reason there were loads of not very sociable people but that's not the hostel's fault :) Most of the staff are very friendly, the only thing is that I found the rooms not that clean and the beds were really short - however I'm 6 ft 4 so that explains a lot :)