Reviews: ruiting

Location: Austria, Age: 29

The hostel was a little far East from the most interesting spots, but still close enough to the metro lines 2, 3, and 4. The lounge area is nicely decorated, and we enjoyed having a few drinks there in the evening. It is by far the cleanest hostel in Shanghai, and the staff is welcoming and always friendly. The only downside is that there is no wifi in the whole hostel, which will be annyoing for anyone who plans to stay longer than a few days.

Clean facilities and friendly staff, all in all a very nice hostel. Don't try to order drinks at the reception, though. Staff are not trained in mixing cocktails or long drinks. They offer a discount for a class in a cooking school outside of Yangshuo, which was one of the highlights of our trip.

Hi, happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. sorry to heard about the Drinks sitiuation ,due to a large number of guest that weekend we're a little under staff,we're currently remedied these problems with our house keeping team -From Helen

I stayed here before and liked the area very much. The staff is nice, but the atmosphere of the hostel somehow is not very inviting. They have a beautiful roof terrace, though.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

I expected more from this place. The room was ok, but the smell in the bathroom was overwhelmingly disgusting. No one cleaned the room or changed the towels during my stay. I doubt that it was cleaned before I moved in. Staff at the reception showed no smile - ever. They seemed to be bothered by questions.

Kelly's Courtyard

Beijing, China

We stayed over christmas, and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the Hutongs around the hostel. They prepared a little breakfast for us each morning, and on christmas eve they had little gifts for us. Even though a little expensive, I liked this place a lot!

Brazen Backpackers

Hostel staff were very nice. Bedrooms were ok, have lockers, so bring your own lock. Common bathroom on 3rd floor was disgusting though. Rarely seen a toilet that dirty in a hostel.

Pandora after 80s

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Loved the free fruits and coffee they have at the reception, staff and location was great. Disliked the two toilets and showers for 12+6 people.

They opened just two months ago, so some parts of the hostel are still in construction, which the owner seems to do all by himself. You can see it in the nice details the bathroom is decorated with. I was in the three bed room, and it was very clean and quiet, the beds were comfy. The Tram-ride is a little long, but check out the socialist-style architecture on the way. The hostel is right in the heart of East Berlin, not far away from the old Stasi prison Hohenschönhausen.

Red Lantern House

Beijing, China

The part we stayed in was a beautiful and quiet courtyard. It is quite far away from the subway and the rooms need some renovation. But it is on Beijing's music street and you can here all kinds of melodies passing by the shops there. So much fun! There was a couple- some of the staff maybe?- who were fighting all the time, especially at night when everything around was quiet. Really annoying.

This is a wonderful hostel, the staff is so helpful, had so much fun there. Didn't like to be woken up at 8 pm by a drumming hiphop beat coming out of the loudspeakers outside...

Definetely the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. They have a great Lounge, a Terrace and a Cafe where you can meet new people. They even have a bathtub! Th only bummer was the Internet for 100 Yen per 20 minutes. But all in all a great hostel!

bAKpAK Kyoto Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

This hostel though located a little far away from the main station, lies in the middle of Gion, you can spot geishas walking right in front of you on the sidewalk and the Fresco next door is open 24h. The staff is great and always very helpful. Check in is from 3pm which is a little inconvenient for those who arrive early in the morning. and there are no lockers, you can 'buy' one for 100 per day. All in all still a great hostel, loved the terrace!

Got what I paid for. The rooms were clean and in japanese style. There were lots of weird old men walking down the hallway, though.