Reviews: tinadod4358

Location: Ireland, Age: 39

Earthers Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

Earthers is a great hostel. Well managed and run by people who seem to genuinely know what their guests want. A great communal vibe to the place, decent beds and showers and free breakfast! Where else will you get freshly cooked pancakes every morning??? Whatever you're after you'll find it here... local info, movie night, ping pong, bar crawl, great views... ... I would highly recommend this place. However long you expect to stay, book an extra night or two!

The Wild Fig Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

A really lovely hostel with a chilled and relaxed atmosphere. The beds are spacious and comfortable. The kitchen is super well equipped and there's a supermarket literally a 2 minute walk away. The staff were lovely and really helpful. There's lots of local information available as well as trips that can be organised from the hostel. The location out of town is absolutely no problem. It's really not that far, great for the bus station and the lovely coast walk. 100% recommend this place. Cheers!

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

This is a great place to centre yourself in Managua. I availed of the airport pick up as I arrived in a bit late and was glad to have done so as it can be a bit daunting without the local lingo! Beds are good. Great to have a kitchen but it needs more cutlery and crockery. Close to UCA busses for Leon and Granada. Lockers available for smaller packs. Take your own lock. I returned here twice during my trip through Nicaragua, and was always greeted with a smile from Ricardo... Enjoyable stay.

360 Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

I had 2 nights here. It seemed to be very quiet at the time. The staff were really, really helpful and great at recommending places to go, things to do/see... The place really lacked atmosphere and maybe it was because there was so few guests, I dunno. Everything else good. Lots of computers, a decent kitchen area, good location...

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Very much enjoyed my stay here. Facilities were very good and location not bad... As a solo traveller it was great that there were nights out planned every night... a good way to get to know others. Having had to leave for 2 days my reservations were messed up on return but explanation and apology offered and accepted. Good communal area to relax in and watch a movie if you've over indulged in Bacrelona's great night life... Cheers...

El Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It was the end to 3 weeks backpacking and a very relaxing one at that. A communal Thanks Giving dinner on my first night there, even though we were very late. The place was spotless, the showers hot and the choice and quality of breakfast really, really good. The hostel staff were so helpful. I would highly recommend this hostel. It's not what I consider a party hostel but that's ok. There are other opportunities to do that in Antigua. I'd absolutely stay again.

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

As an introduction to Mexico/Cancun, you could do worse... It has a party vibe which is maybe at the cost of sleep to others. I stayed due to it's no. 1 rating. I can see how it may have gotten it, but during my stay, there seemed to be a lack of organisation.It wouldn't take alot to be ticking Excellent on all accounts. Hot showers or even warm would help.Breakfast and dinner included are a nice touch. All the elements are there for Excellence, just get better organised.

Your stay with us was during the low season. This is when we bring in new staff members and try new things which could account to the lack of disorganiztion you felt during your stay. We have many new additions and are ready to take on the Christmas season..

Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

So never stayed in a YHA Hostel before. Had a difficulty with the booking, no fault of the staff, but the manager reorganised my booking and I moved room. Big thanks to him for that. However my issue with this hostel is the pricing. I found it really expensive, actually more expensive that some hotels... and that doesn't include breakfast either. The place is spotless and seems quiet new but has no charachter atall and that's why I generally stay in hostels. Wouldn't be enthuased to stay again!

Mystique Moments

New Delhi, India

After getting to the hostel very late/early was delighted to get my head on a bed. Prob not the traditional dorm per se but comfortable. Breakfast is very good and Manu, his family and staff are uber helpful. Eat at BTW! Yum!

Lagares Hostel

Mendoza, Argentina

The hostel itself is fine and a nice walk into the center. Good breakfasts too. Take locker keys out with you! Mendoza rocks though!

Astor Museum Inn

Hostel needs to organise and take responsibility for mixed up reservations. Reception staff are left to tell folk that their reservations are messed up, which leads to pi**ed off guests and staff. Was told initially I\'d have to move from room to room, that said moved once in 5 day stay,could\'ve been worse. Stand your ground! T.V room great and met others there. Location really is great for everything: shopping, underground and restaurants, etc.

Spicylaos Backpackers

Luang Prabang, Laos

Loved Spicy Laos and was made to feel welcome right from the start! Great atmosphere, and can't wait to get back. Ideal for those travelling on their own as everyone so friendly.