Reviews: fe_jordenrunt2753

Very friendly and small place. Perfect for backpackers. Good WiFi, big lockers at every bed, several electricity plugs at every bed and also a lamp. Old building.

• 20th May 2014

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Huge place. Nice lobby/bar. Small rooms and lockers not made for backpacks. Good information about trips. The breakfast is not worth the extra fee.

• 16th May 2014

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Good value for money. Easy to find, if you just follow the map. Some distance to the train station, about 25 minutes walk. Huge new place.

• 20th Apr 2014

Reggae Hostel

Kingston, Jamaica

Excellent place with friendly staff. Got most of the things that a backpacker is looking for. I just wish it was in a location that felt more safe during the evening. The place itself is very safe.

• 31st Dec 2013

Plaza Toledo Bettyes Guest House

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

The old lady is very friendly and charming. I booked two nights here, one in the beginning of my trip and one in the end, but only used one. The beds are just next to each other in the dorm and no floor space. And strange security. There are a lot of options around. I stayed in a place called "Room Service" for my last evening. There I got a small private room (with AC, shower, TV) for good value, 25 US dollars. Both places are in excellent locations and I felt very safe also during dark hours.

• 23rd Dec 2013

The Crew House St. Maarten

St. Martin, Netherlands Antilles

One of the worst places I stayed during my 8 week trip in the Caribbean. Maybe it would have been better if I stayed in the main building. It was the bartender that seemed to take care of everything. The owner didn't ´care. He was just collecting the money. Most of the people that stayed at the place when I was there was not "normal" travellers. They was just there waiting for their next job. Strange place. But good location and cheap. Easy to catch a minibus to go to other places.

• 19th Dec 2013

Inn La Galleria

St. John's, Antigua And Barbuda

Not really close to the action. This is nice countryside. The place is easy to reach and is near the end stop for one of the more frequent bus lines. The place is upon a hill and you need to climb some stairs to reach your room. The staff is very helpful. The place offers a wonderful view of the ocean. You will reach the beach by walking 10 minutes, thru a nearby resort (that was totally empty when i was there).

• 16th Dec 2013

Rio Guesthouse

St Lawrence Gap, Barbados

Excellent hotel. Good price very near a perfect beach. easy to find if you are coming from the airport (it might look complicated on the map). The minibuses from the airport will drop you a few minutes walk away. I have nothing bad to say about this place. I just wish I had the opportunity to stay a few days more.

Guesthouse Zin & Grand Cafe

Paramaribo, Suriname

A very nice pool and a good restaurant. Location is good. Rooms are really quite boring, but okey. Some people in the staff in not so interested in therr job. One young man answered several of my question - and the information turned out to be wrong most of the times. The owner (?) helped me with transportation to Georgetown (Guyana) and she was very friendly.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

I guess this is a good place for being huge city. My room was good. The staff were almost constantly busy, but friendly. It was breakfast included, with I didn't eat. Be careful, there is no place to leave your bag if you arrive early or leave late, except in the stairs...

• 11th Jul 2013

Quality Hostel K's House Takayama

Hida Takayama, Japan

Good location just a few minutes away from the train and bus station. One of the women in the reception acted like a machine and that she didn't like customers. But I got helpful information about the mountains and trekkings. The hostel is very nice and clean, sometimes it feels like a small design hotel.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you for your valued feedback for us. Regarding the customer service,we just try to do our best to improve our service. We are really sorry for making you feeling unpleasant this time. Again thank you for your comment.

Guesthouse Ochakare

Kanazawa, Japan

Small place with a very friendly and helpful owner. Near the JR station and easy to find, maybe the hostel is on the "wrong" side of the tracks. Perfect place to stay for one or two nights.

Guest House Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

Just 10 minutes walk from the train and bus station. Easy to find. Helpful staff. The rooms at entrance floor get some noice due to the showers (and hair driers) outside. Extramly clean place. Big showers.

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

Near the train station, just 5 minutes walk. Verý easy to find. 25 minutes walk to Peace park, or catch the tram. Friendly English speaking staff, gave helpful information. I liked the curtains around the bed. Nice showers. Maybe the rooftop could be used in more charming way.

Nice place, but the location is not near either train station or any of the "highlights" of the city. Very friendly staff and nice building. 10-15 minutes walk to down town. The place is easy to find from the train station, just catch the tram outside and go fo a few stops. Then walk for 3 minutes, easy to find along the small river.

Wow Guesthouse

Busan, South Korea

This is the first time I given 'excellent' in all the categories (I think I made about 15 reviews at website). One of the best hostels I stayed ever (I stayed in far more then hundred). The place looked new but had some charm. Just 30 second walk from the the beach (the place a little difficult to find, I had to walk looking for 2 minutes). Locker in the room. Good toilets and showers. English speaking staff. I think it was breakfast included, but I didn't taste.

JK House in Seoul

Seoul, South Korea

A little difficult to find, print a close up map of the surroundings, from the metro station. Extremely small combined toilets/showers. Even the double size would still be small. Friendly staff, even if it was difficult to know who worked there, no "real" reception. Good area and good security, lockers provided in the rooms. Perfect location for party (but I stayed inside, had to get up early both mornings).

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Nice owner at this place. She had made a map of the surroundings and showed where things got be found. Easy to find, just remember the number. Just one minute from the stop for the airport bus and 3-4 minutes to the metro station. The best facilities are in the main building (several guidebooks for Taiwan available when I visited). I stayed in a building 30 seconds away and it was okey.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

Perfect location, just 30 seconds walk from Nanjing Road and the metro station there. Very clean. About the security: The stair was directly inside the entrance so the staff had no control about who entered. But I can definitely recommend this place.

• 21st Jun 2013

Youthhostel Basel

Basel, Switzerland

A huge place, big machine. Corridors as in prisons, with big numbers on the rooms. No real feel of a hostel. Big ambitions from the owners, but no character.

• 19th Mar 2013
  • Sweden

Nice rooms, very friendly staff and "eat as much as you want" breakfast.

• 17th Mar 2013

Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Lausanne, Switzerland

Good common room and kitchen. Near railway station and the cable car.

• 16th Mar 2013

Smart Russell Square

Huge machine, too big and unpersonal. The shower facilities were very basic. No free lockers. Very short beds (15-20 cm shorter than a average bed!). But the curtains on each bed is something that other hostels could copy! The place cleaned very regularly. The hostel has perfect location, just around the corner from the metro station, on the Piccadilly line. Good security by the entrance. But there are much better hostels in London, with better value for money.

• 28th Jul 2012

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Excellent hostel and good staff. Good location, clean bathrooms and good showers, better then in most places I stayed. Friendly staff. Maybe small rooms, but quite normal. No lockers in the rooms.

• 26th Jul 2012

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

The staff are great and doing a good job. I just wish that had a better location and property to work with. It's very near the bus station but the surroundings are not the best with some strange people walking around, or mostly standing there. Also no lockers in the rooms. The city Birmingham was a positive surprise for me.

• 24th Jul 2012

Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

The owners are doing a great job. Nice rooms, don't forget to visit the rooftop. Its some distance to the entrance for Petra. Walking down there is easy, but for getting back to the hostel/hotel its a good idea to get a taxi (I never paid more than 1 JD). Its a few supermarkets and restaurants around the place so its good place for the evenings and a good view of the mountains. About Petra, I bought a 3-day entrance pass, but I was ambitious and saw most of the area in one day.

Cliff Hotel

Amman, Jordan

The staff very friendly, wrote instructions in Arabic for bus drivers in case I should need. Cheap place in very good locations, might take a few minutes to find the entrance. The rooms not in best conditions, my room was almost impossible to lock. The manager said he should upgrade the place within a few weeks. Easy to get a taxi to get to the normal buses for Petra. Easy walking distance to Citadel and Theatre.

Albergue Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza, Spain

Very modern hostel, good rooms, two computors with free internet. Generous free breakast - but they charge 3 euro for the linen – business á la Ryan Air. Surprise. Its 5 minues walk from the big square. Zaragoza is nice, small but a few hours visit was enough for me, nor so much to see. The square and the old fair.

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location, claean and felt safe. Rooms good with big lockers. But the showers and toilets bad, the light went off automaticly very quickly and nowhere to put the clothes inside the showers.

• 20th Nov 2011

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very nice place. All I missed was lockers in the room. Thanks! /Fredrik, Sweden

Godzillas Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Good location, only a few 100 meters away from metro station and only a 2-3 stops to the area around Red Sqauare. The staff is very good and helpt me with several train tickets and other things. The registration fee is high in this place. Much higher then other places I visited in Russia. I can recommend Godzilla, clean, helphull staff and good lookers. /Fredrik, Sweden

• 16th May 2010