Reviews: jlanlinc1443

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 39

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Booked a 6-bed dorm, was given a bed in a 4-bed room, very pleased with that - thanks2 the owner Felipe. The horror was: on 7 Mar. 14 the Receptionist Teresa let in 2 un-registered male and showed 1 of them around my room! I caught the 2men minutes after they broke my suitcase lock at about 2:10pm. Why Teresa allowed them hanging around inside the hostel I'd never know - they had no luggage!! These Evils are out to ruin traveller's trips, I'd urge the Owner to install Lock to every room!!

• 27th Feb 2014

Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The location is very good, 3-block away from the Copacabana beach! I booked a 6-bed mixed dorm, was giving a bed in a 8-bed dorm - happy with that though as the room is good size & has a small balcony and it wasn't crowded at all! Only it's quite noisy as we're facing the main road - glad I'd brought ear plugs after reading the others' reviews!! Security guards are very strict, you're not allowed to bring a friend to the roof terrace for chats. Apart from that no complaints from me.

• 25th Feb 2014

St Christopher's Village

I was very happy with the 6-bed room given on arrival, wasn’t happy at all when the receptionist told me that I’ve got to move to another room due to a group-booking – not fair to me, is it?! I booked it for the weekend and ended up staying at friend’s house, my stuff was moved from my room, some1 lost/took my “Nivea” lotion!! Apart from that, the mattress is quite firm, but no 10% discount at this St Christopher’s venue.

• 25th Aug 2012

Belsize House

As a happy return customer, I was very pleased to get a twin-room (booked a 4-bed dorm) and it’s very nice to see the lovely receptionists there!! Breakfast and dinners are served (as usual) which is great! Well done guys, hope to see yous soon and take care!!!

• 9th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

The two managers are very friendly and worked really hard during the time of fire-facility inspection, I was moved to their sister hostel at Travel Joy Kind Williams IV which’s delightful; the room has a balcony, oversees the old Battersea Power station, there’s free parking which was great to my need. I appreciate the soft drinks supplied all day long so, totally enjoyed my stay at both venues and best wishes to guys at Wimbledon, especially to pass the inspection and get the business going!

• 13th Jul 2012

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Had to cancel my further stay at the hostel due to the strong paint smell in the room/hostel and the windows can not be opened so, had to ask for a fan. The Big Problem is there’re no other free toilets or shower rooms on room floors which’s frustrating when 10 people or more share 1 toilet 1 shower. Improvement’s needed e.g. the shower rooms need hooks to hang clothes and towel/s. No breakfast is not good at all, simple tea/coffee, toasts, cereals etc. is basic standard at any other hostels!!

• 1st Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dear Guest, we are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, we had just recently refurbished and apologies for the smell of paint you had to put up with! We have a simple breakfast for all our guests between 8 and 10 in the morning - coffee, tea, toast and cereal. Perhaps in the future we can expand on that :-) Thank you for your comments.

Belsize House

The hostel serves 2 meals a day which is amazing, you seldom get that in London, hostel like “the Dictionary” in Shoreditch where I stayed afterwards – no breakfast and I paid more!! I booked a 4-bed female dorm and was given a 2-bed room, well pleased, big “thank U” to you guys!! Downside is the common room is a bit smelly when quite a few people in it and the windows are locked. Lots of Spanish there and some are quite ignorant! Shower rooms lack of air.

• 28th Jun 2012

London Eye Hostel

The common room is good size with TV with music and a pool table on which I enjoyed a few games with other hostel guests. The 12-bed/14-bed dorm is very crammed when all beds were occupied on the 2nd night of my stay, you’d better leave the dorm door open at night or the air (CO2) in the room would be unbearable!! Apart from that, the hostel staff are very nice – thought worth mentioning!

• 18th Jun 2012

Smart Camden Hostel

I booked a 14-bed dorm initially, turned out to be a very big mistake – I’d probably end up having someone calling for ambulance for me. The receptionist who assisted upgrading me to a 6-bed dorm to whom I’m grateful! The common room and the breakfast room is really small and I suppose people only book it because of its location.

• 16th Jun 2012

Smart Hyde Park Inn

Most of the receptionists are very nice apart from the one on duty on Fri. evening (1st Jun.), he was mean, obnoxious and very slow when checking me in at around 8pm, not pleasant at all! Apart from that I enjoyed the pool games with other hostel guests. The TV room is good for catching up news and current affairs programmes. The room is small compare with other London hostels, no hooks for hanging clothes or a table to put your drinks down which is a bit annoying.

• 1st Jun 2012

The Walrus Hostel

The hostel is at a very convenient location with loads bus routes. The Spanish receptionist was very nice to me with all the sports bars info. The breakfast is definitely better than other hostels in London and I’ve been to quite a few; thx to the owner mr. Steve :) . However someone took my wool coat before me checking out. It was on my bed b4 I went for breakfast, when I was packing my stuff and it’s nowhere to be found. Watch out folks, there’re thieves in your room!

• 18th May 2012

Smart Russell Square

It's close to the tube station, the 10-bed dorm was quite nice, value for money. the 15-bed dorm on the basement is not so nice I'm afraid. The kitchen facilities are great for heating up food and cooking etc., very clean too! The ladies who look after us at breakfast are very nice! The common room with two big TVs and pool table (should be free or 50p for the guests I think) is nice 'n' big, generally speaking, not bad at all!

• 3rd May 2012
  • Globetrotter

It's a long walk from Victoria station. The 3-layer bed is very hard to get in/out! The spanish cleaner was very polite. The bar downstairs closes very early at 11pm however I was given a half-price token for a welcome drink which was nice.

• 2nd May 2012
  • Globetrotter

I'd say I feel like home here! Breakfast is basic but definitely need it! No lifts but Aussie receptionists did give me a hand to whom I'm grateful!! John the cleaner and the other guy who cleans the shower rooms are great - hard work!! Without the parties downstairs you days (I mean my nights) would be dull!! 1 female staff seemed not so friendly towards me but no big deal there...also to say a "thank u" for the xmas luncheon &NY pub crawl the hostel organised, had a great time, will be back :)

• 8th Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Initially I booked 7nights but found out Hammersmith is cheaper during the same period so I moved after stayed for 3 nights. The staff had no problem refunding me the cash. The karaoke night was fun.

• 28th Dec 2011

Hostel Marina

Cagliari, Italy

Great location, breakfast was good with seasonal fruits! The room is better than other hostels I've stayed, will definitely stay there again so, recommended!!

• 6th Aug 2011

B&B Biologico

Cagliari, Italy

The room is very good size and clean. The landlady allows you to use kitchen for cooking which helps with the budget. There's a supermarket near the B&B and buses for peotto beach which is not bad at all! I had a pleasant stay only the breakfast is a bit on the basic side, some seasonal fruits would be much better as I also stayed in another accommodation and water melon, peaches, cherry tomatos 'n' apples were supplied which I really appreciate!!

• 4th Aug 2011

St Christopher's Greenwich

This is a great hostel, the location is superb. The sports bar 'n' the weekend parties downstairs is absolutely terrific! The food is nice 'n' hot, the drinks are fairly cheap with hostel discount, music all day long with nice sittings in the bar you couldn't ask for a more fun hotsel than this. Only downside is the shower you have to keep pushing the switch to get water which is a bit annoying, apart from that all good!!

• 9th Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

Spent 2 weeks at MBITH, enjoyed free beer at the house party hosted by Jeff and clubbing with VIP entry led by Joe, Charlie & Amando at the reception are very nice, warm-hearted guys. Madam Marlin's homemade soup is tasty! Cleaning ladies are great, the well organized hostel is one of the attractions for young travellers in South Beach I'd say. Had some disturbed sleeps but you'll have to put up with that for sleeping in a standard room with 6 people in it.

Hotel Alba

Milan, Italy

My experience at Hotel Alba was a pleasant one! I had the warmest reception from Alfredo & Urberto, the 2 brothers who manage the hotel! Alfredo has given me the invaluable information for Milan City!! I praise the lovely cleaning lady, too; she does a really good job!! The only downside is that there's no kitchen for travellers to make tea/coffee or to eat/hang out at night time but, generally speaking, it's value for money!!

The Wanderers Inn West

New York, USA

I'm happy to have chosen this hostel, The bed, rest rooms are very clean!The receptionists are very helpful, the fellow on duty on my check-in night (6/Oct.08) helped lifting my luggage upstairs (Thanks again) and Joffre is very friendly & helpful. The night walk from the subway station to the hostel was a bit scary though!