Reviews: sharmanka

Location: Russia, Age: 37

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

WORST experiense during 8 years traveling. Good: very clean, good location, wifi in the room. Bad: private room for $92 was 1,5m*2m & has a tiny window looks the ventilation pipe!!! so no light & no fresh air at all! It's not a room, it's a wardrobe! I've asked for another room\dorm\discount - anything to resolve the situation or compensate it, no result. Next day after room cleaning I couldn't find some of my accessories which was not in the locker because it's a PRIVATE room.

One of the best hostels ever. Very well organised, a lot of facilities, all that you need, good wifi, a lot of common areas, agency with a really good prices, many bathrooms, no queue at all, good beds, most of the staff are loyal, friendly and helpful. The only concern they are reopend recently and there is still some noise from time to time and cemical smell which could be a problem for some people. But it could not be longer I believe :-)

Nasca Trails Hostel

Nazca, Peru

It's a pretty small family hotel in all senses. Breakfast from 7:30 to 8:30! After check out (10:00) you can't stay in common area but only in hospitality area which is horrible. Luggage store and computer room are in one place. Staff is very polite but you feel like you are bothering them with your questions. Not cozy at all, under construction. What was good: comfortable bed, fried eggs on breakfast, towel included, wifi works in the room, staff speak english.

Dragonfly Hostels

Lima, Peru

Good location, Miraflores is a nice area, clean, comfortable, take a walk along the shore, good view, nice parks with free wifi etc. Good beds, clean bathroom, nice wall painting, cool terrass unstairs. Main concern is the door bell, it's SO loud that everytime someone calls it makes you up. Very very annoying. It's also a bit loud because of the cars on the street, for me it's ok but if you need really quiet place... :)

Rock Hostel Km0

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Amazing place! Nice decorated, quite new, good beds, helpful staff, terrases, kitchen - all you need :-) All the rooms painted and have names of music bands! I've stayed in Nirvana :-) The only concern it's a bit loud because windows are on the busy street.

Ukelele Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Definatelly one of the best place I have ever stayed! Kitchen, lobby, big common area, rooms, bathrooms - all are very cozy and nice decorated. The salt of the place is a real swimming pool and music room with a guitar, ukulele and even piano! Good beds, nice staff, breakfast is average. Two minor concerns: sheets are not cotton which was uncomfirtable for me, I have kind of synthetic allergy; the stairs and doors are too noisy, if you're late you could bother all the hostel by this creak ))

El Diablo Tranquilo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Great common area, good wifi, nice kitchen, good common PC, cool atmosphere, most of the staff are amazing! BUT beds are awful, no preasure in the shower and rooms out of the main buildind are just terrible, dirty, small, hand made beds, no lockers, no windows and this is for more than $30 for bed!

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

One of the best places I ever stayed, salt of this place is a huge and cozy terrace on the roof with a 360 panoramic view! some people don't even want to leave the hostel and stay there all the day and night :-) great staff, a lot of common space, nice bbq parties. A few concerns: mattrasses are older than city I think, very umcomfortable, if you have problems with your back better to find another place, wifi is poor, doesn't work in rooms and breaks down often.

Los Cormoranes

Ushuaia, Argentina

What was good: clean, well organised kitchen area, some of the staff. What was not good: bed is old and uncomfortable, not enough keys for the room, far from centre up to the hill, wifi dosn't work and it is not easy to force the staff to just restart the router! finally the lady on the reception kept me waiting for 15 min while she was chatting by phone, she saw me, knew I'm staying here and I'm waiting for her but didn't even ask what do I need (btw I was going to pay). Not value for money

Free Style

Ushuaia, Argentina

Very busy hostel, helpful staff, goooood breakfast, tea/cofe around the clock. Amazing rest room with a panoramic view, big lockers, good bed. Concerns: wifi is very poor and public PCs are in the reception area, which is extremely loud, even reading emails is difficult, I'm not talking about skype at all :) please put public computers in more calm place :) and the rooms 23-24 should have 1/2 price to stay in, really, they are too close to reception and to smoking area!

The biggest mistake of this hostel is small and uncomfortable common area and bad located kitchen on the attic. Hostel is full of people but they couldn't meet each other because there is no place and atmosphere for this! Breakfast is supposed to be the best opprtunity to meet other people but it is a worst breakfast I ever had. It's bread+tea\coffee+jam and all these are awful quality! Bread was with a mould!

HI Hostel Chapada - Lencois

Chapada Diamantina, Brazil

best place I've stayed in my life, well decorated, atmosphere is not even friendly - you feel like you're at home :-) a lot of nice features inside the hostel, managers and staff are helpful and speak very good english, I could strongly recommend this place with the only one exception - internet is very slow and breaks down every 5-10 minuts

St Christopher's Village

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

This is the first time in my life I want to come back to the city just to stay in this hotel again ;-) It is real 4 stars! Even better! because of stylish interior and amaizing atmosphere. There is kind of night club in lobby: stage, live music, sofas, wide menu, bar. The room was decorated like an artwork. There are mini-bar, plazma TV and hairdryer. I can't believe I've got all this for 40 euros per double room. Best place I've ever been indeed.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

I wonder how this place could be top rated. It was really afwul. Everything inside the hostel (furniture, walls, ceiling, bathroom equipment) look like it's 100 years old and could fall apart in any moment! The shower was out of order, there was no light in the toilet and no door lock as well! Someone tried to open carefully my door during the night several times. I've never see such kind of place in my life although I used to stay in hostels. Well staff is extremely friendly and funny and there is a very g

Hostel Suites Obelisco

Buenos Aires, Argentina

great atmosphere, staff is very helpfull and has a very good english, a lot of options to have fun, it's nice place for backpackers and budget tourists, but... the rooms itself are not good at all. some of them have no windows, some of them are located on the roof and you need to walk up 2 floors on the backstairs 50 cm width!

Hotel Due Mondi

Turin, Italy

there was dust under the bed, 50% of staff doesn't speak english, air condition was not easy to manage, but location is nice and in general this hostel is acceptable

perfect place for young people, lounge and bar and all the atmosphere are great! good breakfast. the best solution for this price