Reviews: danielfuerman2835

• Globetrotter
  • All Male Group, 25-30

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1

Singapore, Singapore

5Footway has super comfy beds and is located in a fantastic central location in Chinatown. The showers are also very nice here with decent water pressure. The only complaint lies with the staff. The staff here can be at times pretty snooty, cold, and unhelpful. Everything else at this hostel, however, is great. The beds here were some of the nicest, most comfortable mattresses, and softest sheets I have slept on to date.

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Good hostel centrally located in Makati. Not the best breakfast but very friendly staff who helped nurse me to health when I was sick. Really comfy beds and nice showers as well. Good place to be. :)

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Some of the rudest, most apathetic receptionists, front desk people ever encountered. This is a big hostel and the receptionists do not hide this one bit.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phenomenal hostel all around. Start of the art facilities, open-concept, and brilliant amenities are featured in this uniquely amazing hostel. Perhaps the most comfortable bed I have slept in thus far. The people who work here are super friendly and outgoing, always trying to make sure each guest has the best experience possible. Would recommend this to anyone passing through KL. A++++++++

Absolutely phenomenal place to stay. The owner Andrew makes this hostel stay worthwhile. One of the nicest, most genuine guys there is. He will go out of his way to make sure you have the best stay and best time possible in Singapore. Location is in Chinatown close to the MRT, large shops and plazas. Small dorms are key with few beds yielding more space. Price hard to beat. Overall, fantastic place to stay in Singapore.

Five Stones Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Super clean, super nice hostel in perfect location in Singapore. Great facilities here as well. Would stay here anytime!!!!

Fernloft City (Chinatown)

Singapore, Singapore

Great place to stay. Really enjoed the location (in the heart of chinatown) and manager was so sweet and extremely friendly and hospitable. Will definitely come stay here again next time I am in Singapore. I miss it already!

Thank You! Hopes to see you again,do take care and keep in touch! Regards, Aunty Aini

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Owner was not very friendly to the Cambodians (my tuk tuk driver and the workers). Good location, but I was a bit turned off by the aforementioned bit and the room did not have any locks on the doors. The most disappointing bit was the hostel attempting to hold onto my passport after check in. Not a fan overall.

Fortunately, we've pleased 1000's of guests this past year, and our hostel has consistently been top rated. Your reference to Cambodians and tuk tuk drivers is actually contrarary to the general feeling and well-being of my employees and is very distant from the truth. All rooms have locks, and each guest have a safety box. Passports are always taken for registration at check-in and locked away- either returned afterwards if wished, or kept until check-out- a very normal procedure.

Great hostel. This place was in a perfect location, had free breakfast and internet, a pool, a roof top balcony, and a large common room. This felt more like an upscale condominium than a hostel. Charles, the owner is a great guy who cooked us all dinner and made everybody feel at home. Would stay here again in a heart beat!

Very spacious, clean hostel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The owner was very helpful with booking, and recommending sights to see. Would come back here in a heart beat!

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Had to switch rooms, bed bugs, not the best night sleep I have ver had.

Hi, thank you very much for staying at Khaosan Tokyo Ninja last time. We are sorry that you had to move from the room to the next room. However, unfortunately, when the hostel is almost occupied, that situation happens. We are afraid we thought that you already agreed with that since you made two separate bookings and we sent you the confirmation mail with the details of your booking in advance. Also, we checked the bed you stayed and we couldn't find any bed bugs in there. And we have not been claimed anything about it in the last six months because we are very careful about it so we regularly check each beds to avoid that situation. Thank you very much,

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

DO NOT STAY AT DRAGON HOSTEL!!!!!

K's House Mt.Fuji

Mount Fuji, Japan

This hostel is okay. Pros: The beds are super comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and the location is close to the lake. Taro is super nice and the shuttles from the station are helpful. Cons: Miho, grumpy staff member. Can be treated like another number as it is a hostel chain. Doesn't have the warm feel to a local hostel.

In my experiences traveling the world, this is THE best hostel I have ever stayed at. I mean, where else can one get an english breakfast, free fruit, free airport and town shuttles, free dinner, free island grocery delivery, free internet, free a/c, and hot showers for under 10 dollars per night? Answer: nowhere. Donna and Junior are the friendliest and nicest people ever. Any trip to Fiji MUST go through the Drift In!

Time Peace Apartment

Sapporo, Japan

One of the best places I have ever stayed. The owners here are super friendly and very nice. The free tea, wi fi internet are definitely a plus! Hostel is also in a great area with plenty of restaurants nearby. For anyone traveling to Hokkaido, a stay at Time Peace in Sapporo is a must!

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

This hostel is very hard to find, with terrible directions. The room I stayed in did not have a bed, I had to find it and make it myself! Additionally, there was a draft / hole coming into the room and thus, I slept in bitter cold temperatures throughout the night. The owner is mean, decitful, and dishonest. On a bright side, it was clean!!

Sandal Wood

Kyoto, Japan

Some of the nicest staff I have ever encountered. The owner, Jim is absolutely amazing. Where else can one get made free tea and coffee, free laundry, free food, and be spoiled rotten. This place is perhaps one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. If anybody rates this hostel under 70%, the terrorists have won!

Great hostel in Nara. Owners are extremely nice and helpful. Wireless internet, flat screen tv's in each room. Kyoko treats the guests like family. Hostels really cannot be much nicer than this!

Sumo Backpackers

Osaka, Japan

Great location, but that's about it. Sumo Backpackers reeks of smoke, is dark, depressing, old, and dirty. If this is a place to literally crash for the night, it might be all right, but that's about it.

Zen Backpackers

Busan, South Korea

Hostel was very difficult to find. Although hostel was large and clean, the difficulty in finding the place superseded the facilities.

Backpackers Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Very good hostel in Seoul. Although it is quite small, the place is very nice, clean, and orderly. The owners are super nice and very helpful with booking tours, orienting you to the city. Definitely will go back here when I come back to Seoul. Thanks Sam and NK!

The facilities are weak (dirty sheets, bad shower, terrible wi fi connection). You would expect more when paying 25-50% higher than other comparable guesthouses in the area. Additionally, the staff is not very helpful when it comes to ANYTHING. They treat the people that come here like a number, dont care about them at all since they wont be there the next day. I would sleep in a train station, on a park bench, or take a night bus before staying here again.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Good hostel in Hue. This place does not have the best location and its facilities are medicore. However, the people here are super nice, the hostel isnt overly large, and there's a great happy hour. Not a bad place by any means.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Very nice hostel in Siem Reap. The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful with booking transportation, tours, etc. The cooking class is a great way to learn their culture first-hand through food. Also, the swimming pool was a nice touch after some long, hot, sweaty, dirty days exploring the temples. I would definitely come back to stay here again.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Amazing hostel in the heart of KL. Besides the great location, that stuff here are super friendly. Most importantly the beds here are massive and extremely comfortable. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. I would come to KL, just so I could stay here for one more night!

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed at. The staff here are super nice and the facilities are top notch. The only downside is the location which is a bit out of town and about a 10 minute walk to the metro. Outside of this, this is a fantastic hostel.

Castaway's Backpackers Cairns

Cairns, Australia

Not the best hostel I have stayed at, but definitely not the worst. Although this hostel is a bit out of town, the facilities, especially the shower are very nice. The only downfall here would be the staff. The attitudes of some of the people working here could definitely be improved. I think the owner needs to understand that although this is a business, you need to treat people better, with respect.

Bluewater Lodge

Nadi, Fiji

Did not stay here because the owner was asleep at 8 am and refused to give me a free airport pickup, despite being advertised on the website.

Emerald Palace

Florence, Italy

Amazing place, great people, affordable price, good amentities, definitely have to stay here!

Great staff, friendly people, good location. Only negative was dinner (13 euro), internet (3 euro), and towel rent (5 euro) deposit were kind of expensive.

YMCA Hostel Basel

Basel, Switzerland

Terrible Place

Guven Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

Everybody here was super nıce except for Mustafa. Great unıque concept. loved lıvıng ın the cave! -Dan

Chillout Cengo

Istanbul, Turkey

Location cannot beat beat and the staff are amazing. Also get free tea and bottled water which is a big plus in my book. Only negative if there was one was smoking is allowed in the lobby. Definitely a must stay when in Istanbul.

Hostel Anton

Tivat, Montenegro

The owners of this hostel are literally the nicest people in the world. With that being said, being nice only gets you so far. The hostels location is so far away from Kotor, etc. it makes it extremely difficult to navigate around Montenegro without a car. With an unreliable, and infrequent bus service, this was more like a B&B than a hostel. If you are an older couple, this could be a great place for you, otherwise, stay in Budva.

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Not a bad hostel at all. I left with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, however, after my book was stolen. Not in the best area, so the staff isn\'t entirely to blame...

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Place smelled like urine and was difficult to find. Other than that, this place was an okay spot to crash.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is awesome. The breakfast is delicious. The location is fantastic. You have not experienced Krakow unless you have stayed at Greg Tom Hostel!!! Danny Boy

Kabul Backpackers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I have never stayed at a hostel with such extremes as Kabul. First, the high lights...Amazing Happy Hour with free beer and food, awesome location, great place to meet other backpackers. On the flip side, the staff was one of the rudest I have ever experienced, the place was disgustingly dirty, and my room contained a french couple who had sex on the top bunk. The sex was pretty physical as my bed on the lower bunk rocked throughout the night. Probably not the best night\'s sleep I\'ve had.

Overcharged credit card.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Great facilities, great location, however terrible staff, horrible wait times for registration and the nickel and diming is a bit over the top...

Boissiere

Paris, France

Terrible place, over charges on credit cards, dont stay here!

Hotel Am Nockherberg