Reviews: ronanmason5557

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

CONS: 1. The staff on reception are RUDE. 2. Cockroach and big ants in my room. 3. My room didn't even lock, you could force the door open. 4. One night we were offered a 'free' tuk tuk to the bars, and then our driver practically assaulted us asking for money PROS: 1. Sensational bar and great atmosphere. 2. Good location 3. GREAT food and SUPER friendly kitchen staff. 4. What they do with profits to benefit under privileged kids. 5. Pretty sweet rooms with great air con.

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great hostel, clean big rooms, lots to do, and staff willing to help you plan your trip. Their Tuk Tuk drivers too were fantastic. Only downside is the atmosphere. Despite having a bar everyone sits at tables in their own groups and it is not conducive to meeting other travelers. Also they didn't organise any drinking / evening activities. So as a solo traveler that was a bit of a bummer. But overall LOVED it.

Golden Time Hostel 2

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff here were awesome. They helped us with everything and didn't get angry when we book ed a tour through another company (our friends were doing it with them). Brekkie every morning was nice and they always had a smile for us. It's very near but not in the old quarter which to me is perfect - you can escape and relax at the end of a long day. HIGHLY recommended. They even upgraded me to the honeymoon suite for my last night - WIN!

Waterland Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

A nice clean, centrally located hostel with super friendly staff. Only real bad thing was that it got hot in reception area. Rooms were fine though with super nice AC. The staff were AWESOME. They saw us leaving the Imperial City in the rain and dark and stopped on their scooter, called us a cab, and waited until it arrived so we got home safe and dry. UNREAL! Also we were on lock down for a day due to a typhoon and they sorted out meals for the whole day - and the food was GREAT!

Hoa My Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Such warm welcoming and friendly staff that went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Makes such a big difference when you look forward to seeing the staff int he morning for a chat. Rooms were big, clean, and comfortable. Its a bit of a walk from the main area, but to be honest its nice to be away from the noise when you retire in the evening. And try the cafe 41 over the road - best spring rolls EVER!

Diep Anh Guesthouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The owners are AMAZING - will do everything they can to help you plan your stay and have a good time. Location is brilliant - right in the heart of the action down a cool laneway. Rooms were sweet. Only really downside was the fact that there wasn't much of a social area - but then in Saigon you walk outside and you can meet people everywhere!

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

I have stayed at literally hundreds of Hostels in my time and this makes the top 5 - could not recommend highly enough!

Airone Pisa Park

Pisa, Italy

Nice and clean, friendly staff. Not close enough to walk to town, but if you have a car its fine. Very affordable for what you get.

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Can't really say anything bad about this hostel. The staff were super friendly and the free walking tour was a great overview of the major sites.

This is the second Wombats hostel I have stayed at and they are clean, friendly and a great stay. They may lack a little atmosphere, however you can\'t go past them.