Reviews: natalie_krivenko

Location: Russia, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Quite a good hostel with convenient location. 4 dogs and 4 cats immensely add to cuteness:) Pros: there's kitchen and a bar, and wi-fi works on the second floor where the dorms are. Staff speaks English. Cons: there isn't any coffee in the morning! How is that even possible?? Beds are tough, true. And one member of the staff gave me wrong directions for the bus twice (!), so that in the end I would be better off walking to my destinations as it would be faster and less confusing..

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Russia

Nice hostel with great interior design. Pity there's no breakfast though and you need to go to another hostel to get it, and wi-fi didn't work on the 3rd floor. All the other things were fine.

• 24th Apr 2013
  • Russia

thanks a lot for your feedback. Welcome back next time, there will probably be a small cafe at the table pool room. Enjoy your trip.

I guess I expected more from a top rated Shanghai hostel - it wasn't great, but was okay. Common area downstairs is cool with wi-fi and lots of power sockets, but was terribly cold (seemed like colder than outside, and it was March!). Food is good, but a bit pricey and the kitchen is closed during the afternoon, not good if you like your lunches late.

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Russia

It's okay - they don't provide any food though, and there are no places nearby that have western food, only supermarket.. They have kitchen though and you can cook. It's handy that you can live your luggage there while you go to the Zhangjiajie park and they can book you a place in their sister hostel there. That sister hostel has some food, but only Chinese, no western, so you'll have to eat so-so fried rice with egg for breakfast and no coffee!

• 19th Mar 2013

Trippers Carpe Diem

Yangshuo, China

Really good place, great food - it's so nice to start the day with such a view and the breakfast set (the one with yammy muesli and fried eggs!). Staff is really friendly and speak good English. Beds are very comfy and you even get 2 towels! Wish all hostels in China were like this:)

• 13th Mar 2013

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Excellent choice where to stay in LIjiang! Good thing about it is that you get to live in a real Chinese house and there's a friendly mama taking care of you:) The other guy at the reception is super friendly and helpful as well, he once ran about 300 meters after me after he forgot to tell me that a need a passport to buy a train ticket! Family dinner is a must! Dorms are cheap and the beds are comfy, there was wi-fi in the room. No lockers in the rooms though, there are in the corridor.

• 6th Mar 2013

Five Elements Hostel

Dali, China

Nice hostel, excellent staff and very cosy common area. Toilets are clean and there is hot water, western toilet on the 2nd floor. I liked that they organize various activities like dumplings cooking class, movie nights etc. Food is great (best fried eggs on my trip so far!) The only downside was that for most of my stay I was the only non-Chinese person staying and it felt a bit lonely, but I guess that's not hostel's fault and such things happen when off-season.

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • Russia

Thanks for your understanding. More and more non-Chinese are coming now. Welcome back.

Quite a nice place to stay overall, good location, very comfortable beds and you have your own light and a power socket, there are also good lockers in the room. The downside is that there's no wi-fi in the dorm (I lived on 6th floor), the floors looked like they haven't been swept for ages and the staff was too busy.

• 1st Mar 2013
  • Russia

Hi: Thank you very much for the review and comments. We are glad to hear you like our hostel with the location/bed light/power socket etc. We are sorry about the wifi, it is not working good in the room and that's good in the common area. Just we want to make you gays can share your travel together. Not spend too much time in the room . And we will definitly to do our best with the cleanning.Thank you again and enjoy your trip. Hope to see you again.KUNMING UPLAND YHA

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Great, great! Cosy, clean, beds are super comfy and linen smell so nice. Typical Thai food street is nearby and you can get cheap food there. Staff is great - we went out everyday and had a great time! I have a feeling if I hadn't had the flight booked already, I'd have stayed a couple of more nights, that's how good it was:)

• 26th Feb 2013

MrLocal Dorm Rooms

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Same same as what other reviews say - yes it's a bit expensive, yes it might not have the cleanest bathrooms ever, but guys running the place are friendly, there's aircon and wi-fi and this IS a place to meet other fellow travellers, especially if you're on your own! I had a great time there, hope you'll have too!

• 21st Feb 2013

St Christopher's Village

Well I guess overall it was okay - but only 2 sockets per room, limited number of showers and lack of cleanliness in bathrooms/toilets don't leave a good impression.

• 18th Aug 2012
  • Russia

Hey Thanks for the feedback, we are sorry to hear you didn't find our hostel as clean as it should be, we do clean the bathrooms 4 times per day, however with such a busy hostel, we can't make it so they are cleaned after every use, although that's what we would love! We are looking into more power points in the room, but with the building being fairly old, it is more a of a project than a quick fix Thanks again for the feedback St Chris Team

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

• 2nd Mar 2012

Red Inn Heritage

Penang, Malaysia

Overall a good place to stay, but my friend forgot about the deposit for the key and the staff didn't remind about it, so we lost 30 RM..

• 29th Feb 2012

Lime n Soda Beachfront Resort

Koh Phangan, Thailand

A very nice place to relax and spend a few days. Food is so good you just want it more and more! Very nice burgers and fish and chips. The only downside that there weren't anything in the room apart from bed, no place to put things etc, which is somewhat inconvenient.

• 11th Feb 2012

The Urban Age

Bangkok, Thailand

Really liked our stay there and the staff is great! It's also handy that there's a common area downstairs and you can help yourself to some coffee & tea.

• 6th Feb 2012

Baan Rub Aroon

Chiang Rai, Thailand

A really good place, one you don't want to leave 'cause you feel so at home. The breakfast is good, though you have no choice what you have. It's good anyway:)

• 23rd Jan 2012

Sila Resort

Sukhothai, Thailand

Very good place and good value for money! Peaceful and relaxing. The downside is - some walk is required into town, and the dogs on the road can be quite aggressive.. If you're coming back from the town at night, take left just before the road to the Sila, this way you won't encounter the dogs:)

• 15th Jan 2012

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Very clean and affordable hostel with very friendly staff! Mr. Whynot is very helpful, I can totally recommend the place, excellent value for money!

• 7th Jan 2012

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great to stay in a/c rooms at hostel prices and Martin's very helpful. Free laundry was a very pleasant surprise:)

• 5th Jan 2012

Backpackers House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

• 14th Dec 2011
  • All Female Group

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Lovely place, liked it a lot! Such a good value for money and the breakfast you can die for:)) It was quite cold the first night and we didn't have blankets, so the next day we got the blankets right in our room, I was going to ask for that, but I totally forgot, so it was a pleasant surprise! Very helpful staff and the shuttle service was great too, we were picked up and taken to the town very easily. Really can recommend this hotel!

• 11th Dec 2011
  • Russia

One of the coolest hostels I've stayed at:))

• 1st Dec 2011

New Peking Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Loved it! Not only this guesthouse is safe, clean & cheap, it's also the closest thing in Hong Kong to a real hostel - there's cooler with water & mugs, free wi-fi and a computer too! I liked that when we left our luggage there when we checked out, they locked the room with it - not all the hostels in HK did that!

• 29th Nov 2011

Go Inn Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I booked it because of the cheap price and was a bit uneasy about its quite poor rating. In reality, however, it was much better! We had a clean room with a good view, there was a shower gel in the bathroom and a travel adapter and a kettle, and the room was cleaned daily. We were on 21st floor. Nice when expectations are exceeded:)

• 27th Nov 2011

New London Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

There wasn't much in terms of space (you soon get used to that in Hong Kong), but the room was clean and the guy was very helpful.

• 25th Nov 2011

Regent Hostel

Paris, France

• 27th Sep 2011

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

well, I was aware of all the additional charges so I came prepared, but it still was unpleasant. So for one night I paid 33 euros - a bit too much I reckon and mind you, it's WITHOUT BREAKFAST. Staying is no fun at all, and the beds are so close to each other it's creepy. And on top of it all THEY DON'T HAVE SOAPS ON PRINCIPLE! That's BARBARISM, I have no other way of saying it!

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

We stayed in privates and it was very good: the kitchen was fully furnished, there was even a microwave and a kettle! There's also very good internet connection and a good computer screen. My bf was superhappy about this:) Consider staying there again next time I'm in Zagreb.

A bit expensive, but everything's expensive in Dubrovnik. Otherwise excellent:)

• 23rd Sep 2010

House Katja

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

A bit hard to find, but otherwise good - lovely family & room, good breakfast:)

• 18th Sep 2010

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

That\'s one of the best hostels I\'ve stayed in, mainly because of it\'s perfect location, rooftop terrace (it\'s so nice to have breakfast there!) and very helpful staff, especially Caesar, who helped us a lot when we encountered problems with our flight and had to stay in the hostel for 2 more days. Would love to be back one day:)