Location: Finland, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Abbey Court Apartments

Dublin, Ireland

Loved the apartment! The windows were to the street though, even though the apartments are advertised as being " located in a quiet, safe courtyard setting". Because of the noise coming from the street, I would recommend bringing some earplugs just in case.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I liked almost everything, except the higher floors where the rooms are located. The walls/door are paper thin so you can hear absolutely everything from the corridor, so if you are a light sleeper or otherwise don't like noise, be sure to have a good stash of earplugs.

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Finland

Don't worry we think of everything - we have our own stash of earplugs at Reception for the light sleepers.

Rembrandt Park House

Amsterdam, Netherlands

As a group of 7 people, we booked the whole apartment. It was lovely and home-like. Be prepared to pay the fare in cash. It was convenient enough to get there by tram, but it's too far if you prefer to walk to the city centre.

• 30th Nov 2012
  • Finland

Love the dorms in the attic! It's lovely that they are heated during the winter. Wish there was a lounge room. There are not enough toilets, the situation will be much better once their renovation is ready and there will be more of them.

• 26th Jul 2010

Chilli's Backpackers

Darwin, Australia

Loud as located next to the bars. There was a fan placed on top of the bunk so that anytime I moved in my sleep I kicked it and woke up, they should move the fan somewhere else as this is ridiculous!

• 24th Jul 2010
  • Finland

We have taken appropriate measure for sound restrictions in our hostel however as we are located on the main street of Darwin City we can not combat all noise from surrounding bars and pubs! We do have friendly staff available 24 hours a day so if there are such issues as this with the fan, then we can be approached about the issue and sort it out to make your stay more enjoyable! Such as moving the fan/moving rooms or the bed!

Potshot Resort

Exmouth, Australia

Extremely loud due to a public bar onsite!!!

Potshot Resort

Exmouth, Australia

extremely loud due to a public bar onsite

• 1st Jul 2010

Kalbarri Backpackers YHA

Kalbarri, Australia

Overall good but not a very memorable place. No complaints.

• 24th Jun 2010
  • Finland

Nice place. A lot of long term residents. Next to a rock club so very noisy until about 11pm though, so bring hardcore earplugs!

• 9th Jun 2010

Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA

Magnetic Island, Australia

Lockers for the rooms would be nice. Otherwise nothing to complain about. Love the huts and the wildlife, and it's quiet enough to have a good night's sleep. Recommended!

Hi Anni, Glad you enjoyed your stay! Just to let you know all our new dorms are going to be fitted with lockers! Hope to see you again soon, The Bungalow Bay Team

Base Magnetic Island

Magnetic Island, Australia

The toilets should be cleaned more often, they are disgustingly filthy... The beds should be oiled, the make so much noise. Also you should bring your earplugs for sleeping as it's loud. Otherwise, a very nice and relaxing place to stay. I recommend booking the steal deals through their website, they are better value!

Dingos Resort

Rainbow Beach, Australia

I didn't really like it. No space to hang out except for the bar, where the music is so loud that your ears heard. People don't usually lock the doors and there are no lockers, so anyone could walk into your room and steal your stuff. The kitchen is tiny and unclean. Ok for a night's sleep before Fraser Island, but otherwise terribly boring. Don't know if there's anything better on Rainbow Beach though...

Halse Lodge Guest House

Noosa, Australia

Otherwise a pretty good hostel, but the guest kitchen is horrible. There's like 3 forks, which obviously is not enough for all the guests... It's also filthy as people don't do their dishes, and there's not enough table space to do anything. The hostel is also really loud, because the walls are like paper - so don't dream about sleeping before 11pm or after 7am. Overpriced. Loved the verandah though.

Very cheap weekly deals, good value in that respect. Really small rooms, and no lounge to hang out in. Ok for the price, but look elsewhere for fun.

Lockers for the rooms would be nice... Liked staying here, and will come back when I'm around Kings Cross!

Annie's Place

Alice Springs, Australia

A really atmospheric place! The dorms around the pool are quite noisy, because only one door separates your bed and the bar, so bring ear plugs!

Glenelg Beach Hostel

Adelaide, Australia

Nice, relaxing place. Please fix the lock of the shower in building 3, it's not nice that strangers walk in when you're showering.

Anni, Thanks for the feedback, consider it done! Enjoy your travels :-)

The Guest House

Adelaide, Australia

The Backpack Oz part of the hostel is nicer.

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

Loved the place! Convenient location and fantastic atmosphere. Even the 12 bed dorm we stayed in was quiet at night. Pretty pricey though.

Lords Lodge Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

Very atmospheric place, nice for hanging out! Pretty far from city so you need to take trams to go anywhere. Would recommend to a friend.

Wake Up! Sydney Central

Sydney, Australia

The hostel has a great location, nice facilities and is usually clean (obviously not late at night). However, it was very hard to sleep in the 1st floor, because of the constant noise from the TV room, and party people in our room. If you don't want to drink every night, I would suggest going somewhere else, or at least ask for a smaller dorm in the upper floors.

Just a few apartments in an apartment building. Really quiet, didn\'t see any other people besides the lady who worked there. Twin room was small but comfortable. About 15 min walk from the old town. Nothing to complain about, but nothing that special either.

Rossio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Loved this place! Only minus was that it was really noisy on a Saturday night, as my room was above the common room and people continued to party there after coming back from a pub crawl. Nothing a pair of ear plugs couldn't fix though. :) A really nice lady serves the breakfast for you so you don't need to do anything yourself, and you also get a free towel for your room. Lovely place with a perfect location, would recommend to anyone!

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

A really cute place, and an easy walk to the city center. The guest kitchen was equipped well enough and the supermarket across the street came in handy. The bar downstairs was a nice place to hang out. Would recommend to a friend.

Adlerhof

Salzburg, Austria

Very close to the train station, so convenient if you have to leave early. About 15 min walk from the old town. Area a bit shabby, but didn\'t feel unsafe. The hotel itself is very average. Was a bit noisy on Friday night, but otherwise ok. Run out of eggs during breakfast. No internet station. Alright for one night but wouldn\'t want to hang out here.

Hotel Nussdorferhof

Bad Gastein, Austria

Actually the hotel was closed because of low-season, and we were transferred to another hotel (Simader) on the other side of the block. Simader was a very pleasant place, though not as cheap. The hotel was about 10 min walk from the train station, which was ok, but there are plenty of other accomodation closing to the town centre.

Hostal Martin

Madrid, Spain

It\'s a hotel rather than a hostel. Nice place, nothing special to stay. The reception lady spoke really good English.

I only stayed for one night, so don't know everything... There was nothing special about this hostel, but it was comfortable and the service was good - I see no reason not to stay here as the price was good and the location is convenient.

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Nice hostel. Quite far from everything, but a comfy and fun place. The 16 bed dorm was surprisingly quiet!

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

We cannot give anything but full marks for this hostel, as we absolutely loved this place! It really felt like home. If I go to KL again, I would never want to stay anywhere else.

Alumbung Bohol Tropical Living

Panglao Island, Philippines

Very cute cottages. Quite nosy, the roosters, pigs, dogs etc of nearby houses kept screaming all night. 30 minute walk from Aluna Beach (where all the services are) without street lights, so either be prepared to ride a motorbike or bring your flash light. A bit pricey too - there was another guesthouse for half the price on the same street!

Redsun Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Most of the staff spoke incomprehensible English most of the time, and they were otherwise incompetent as well: kept people\'s passports lying on the table free to be snatched, messed up our breakfast orders every morning... there\'s loads of better places for same price or cheaper!

Giggling Tree

Yangshuo, China

We absolutely loved this place! We have been to tens of hostels in Europe and Asia and this was our favourite one. Would recommend this to anyone! Our recommendation for the owners how the place could be even better: add security lockers for valuables, and for winter months heating for all rooms really would be necessary - it was quite freezing in December. Keep up the good work!

Taipei Ximen BackPackers

Taipei, Taiwan

Location perfect! Otherwise nothing special in this hostel. The 6 bed dorm was way too small, there were absolutely no space to put your luggage anywhere in the room! We stayed another night in 4 bed dorm and that was fine. We also felt like the staff didn't have much knowledge on travelling around Taiwan.

The security was ok, but I would have felt more safe if there had been free safety lockers to leave my stuff in during the day. Sleeping rooms were quiet but it was possible to meet people in the common room. The breakfast was very tasty, although a bit pricey. I really liked this hostel and would recommend it to other young travellers too!

This is a very nice hostel and the location is perfect! I had a bit of bad luck because my towel was stolen from my room during my first day here. The staff helpfully borrowed me a towel for my stay free of charge, though. Another thing I found inconvenient that there wasn't toilet paper at the toilets, but you had to go all the way to the reception to ask for it. Otherwise I like the hostel and enjoyed my stay.