Reviews: chatachak2109

Perth, Australia

Good place.

HI San Diego - Downtown

San Diego, USA

Tell me why, oh tell me why ... it is $29 for a bed in the male 10-bed dorm but just $28.50 for a bed in the 10-bed female dorm??????

Thanks for the comments and the good review. To answer your question, rates will vary based on the occupancy of the room type. In this case, we had more male travelers those nights, so those prices are a bit higher. If you want to avoid this sort of thing, typically our cheapest option is our COED 10 bed dorm, which we only offer for direct booking (either our website or via phone). So, I would say, in the future, call us when booking and we will be sure to get you the best rate we can.

Urbanian Hostel

Asuncion, Paraguay

Without a doubt one of the best hostels I ever have visited in a lifetime of hostelling. First class marks all round. Wonderful warm showers; excellent beds with curtains and individual reading lights and power points Good breakfast each day and a brilliant staff. Hostels around the world should study Asuncion's Urbanian Hostel for tips on how to do it right. Are you listening, hostels?

021 Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great time in a great place. Everything was peachy keen save for one thing: Cold water in the showers. Not good on a rainy, overcast Rio morning. And oh, the repulsive French youth who shared my dorm. Could do without meeting this idiot every again. Shaw was right ... Hell IS other people. A very important point to remember when sharing dorms.

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback. We truly apologize If you have problems with another guest, but unfortunately this is something we cannot do to much (only change you of room If you have told us). Regarding the showers, in the day you left we realized the resistance from both showers was broken, but we changed already, and both showers are hot again now. We are gratefull you had a great time, and you considered us a great place to stay, Best of all, Lucas

Kabul Backpackers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Kabul Backpackers Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great joint well equipped -- but no guest kitchen. I miss that, though Kabul serves a grand free breakfast. Terrific location and a quality stay for an excellent price. But why is it called Kabul? Guy at reception was stymied by my question. What a great name -- a hint of mystery, a faint bell of travel danger, and the loud beckoning of the road. I'll be back.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Charming, collegial, competent and comfortable place. No problems. No complaints. Many plaudits.

Thank you for your review. I will pass the positive comments on to the team, and am sure they will enjoy hearing the feedback. We hope to see you in the future.

Baggies Backpackers Angel

Wonderful place. Only sour note is that the dorms are cramped and that stuff left everywhere by long-term guests uncommodes passage and makes getting to one's bed a minefield.

Vicky's Keys

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles

Vicky's Keys is a hidden gem. A damned well hidden gem. First the good news: The place is comfortable, welcoming and cheap, a great find on this expensive Caribbean isle. Now the bad news: Finding Vicky's Keys needs the exploring skills of a Stanley or Livingstone. The directions (sic) supplied are bizarre and just plain wrong. The cardinal directions point is a Shell gas station, but the place hasn't been a Shell station for years. Then, there's the left turn when it should have been a right.

HI Miami Beach

Miami, USA

As Peter Ustinov said of Rome, this will be a great place -- if they ever get it finished. Much construction still in evidence, even though the place opened a few weeks ago. But the location is fabbo -- just a block from the beach -- the beds are soft, and the price is right. A worthy Miami Beach inheritor of the Hostelling International mantle.

Not Your Average Hotel

Key West, USA

Not your average hotel also is not your average hostel. It's a hotel that also has hostel dorms. A great idea and a great value for over-priced Key West. Rock on, NYAH. Let's see you open more places IN more places. Bravo. Great place..

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Globetrotter
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Scuttlebut tells me that Freehand has lost a general manager and is in transition. It shows. I toured the Chicago Freehandand was impressed. I stayed at this one and was underwhelmed. Cavalier, if not disinterested, even rude staff, poor organization and a low standard of cleanup redound to its discredit. My four-bed dorm was messy, with dirty towels and sheets scattered higgledy piggledy in the room. Wouldn't stay here again until they get their act ready for prime time.

ETZzz Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Glad to find ETZ hostel as a handy, backup bolthole for when my usual haunt s full. the location actually is better, just a few steps from the nearest Metro station. Comfortable and convenient, though the dorm is a little small and cramped. Good enough for the purposes, though. Handy chllling out room and blissful air con.

Backpackers Garden Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I gave this hostel an excellent for atmosphere even though it harbored a miscreant. The thief clearly wanted it because is was one of a kind -- from Easter Island/Rapa Nui. I have stayed at hostels for nigh on half a century; this is only the third theft. Shaw wisely said 'Hell is other people.' How sad that that is true of SOME travelers. Great hostel, though, in a charming Mekong-side city.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Little Hanoi Hostel by name. Great Big Hanoi Hostel for comfort, charm and courtesy. Great beds, good shower, splendid breakfast, endless cups of terrific coffee at all times, and a remarkably helpful and capable staff. They all were great but here's a particulat shout out to the gracious and beautiful Kim.

Town House 50 Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great location right in the heart of Saigon; great breakfasts; great air-con and great comfort. What's not to like? The public bus from the airport drops you a block from Townhouse 50. Can't get better convenience than that. What an arrival after a long flight! Bravo Townhouse 50.

Hostel Batumi Globus

Batumi, Georgia

Fabulous spot, in the true sense of the word. I shall tell everyone that this is THE place to stay when in Batumi, itself no mean shakes in the fabulosity stakes.

TiflisLux Hostel

Tbilisi, Georgia

Great place, apart from the long climb up a rickety staircase to get there. But that, too, was part of the Tblisi/Tiflis adventure. Very recommended. Comfortable and capable and great value for money.

Sorry, Charlie, a microwave and an electric kettle do not a kitchen make. Kinda false pretenses on the info chart to claim a kitchen. Still and all, a comfortable, convenient and cheap--ish option in the city to which all roads lead. But I can't get over the pretentiousness (OK, the downright lying) in the kitchen department.

Abercorn House Hostel

I stay here because it is convenient and because I actually like its eccentricities. Upside: Great Hammersmith location, spotlessly clean, small dorms, good kitchens. Downside: That odd refusal to supply cooking pots, too many long-term stayers who co-opt storage space, no lockers, manic cleaning at all hours of the day and night, and -- most importantly -- no free wifi. Still, Hammersmith library is just around the corner.

S1 Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

S1 is now my go-to bolthole in Bankers. It is right across the street from the Malaysia Hotel where I stayed on my first visit to BKK a million years ago. It's convenient, comfortable and cheap -- a winner on all counts. Wifi is smashing throughout. There's a microwave and a refrigerator so you needn;t always eat out -- but a full kitchen would have made this place tops.

Chan Myaye Guesthouse

Yangon, Myanmar

Went to Burma once: it was closed. Chan Myaye is a grand pit stop for a stay in exciting, cosmopolitan Rangoon, buuuuuuut ... comfortable, if spartan rooms are scattered throughout an eight-story building, sans lift. After you make base camp at the third-floor lobby, you still have to summit. Maybe hire bearers from the street?! Good beds, passable showers, great included brekkie and solid air con. What's not to love? Perhaps the climb.

One Stop Hostel is asmashing place in Siem Reap. Great location, excellent staff and services. Missing a kitchen, but hey, it's so bloody cheap to eat out in Cambodia. Place is right near Pub Street, but the noise from platoons of Homo Australianus Intoxicatus doe not filter through to the hostel. And that ensures a good night's sleep.

S1 Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Perfect bolthole in Bangkok. Conveniently located --close to Lumphini station -- but deliciously far from the nadding crowd. A full kitchen would be nice but hey, it's Bamkers -- eating out is the done thing.

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

With all the posted strictures and notices everywhere at Duo Housing, you'd expect the place to be cleaner. But apparently the joint doesn't practice what it preaches -- er, nags about. I used the toilet with trepidation that I would somehow transgress the order not to clog it and thus be levied the threatened $1,000 fine. It'd be a cold day in hell before I would stay at this dump again.

Casa de Fatima Hotu

Easter Island, Chile

A lovely hostel on a lovely island. Brilliant place to stay. Fatima and Rosa and Patricio are magnificent people. Patricio was a grand tour and island history guide. Great kitchen, good dorms, competent bathroom and even a friendly puppy who came calling and would go for walks with you. Highly recommended. Fatima and Rosa, we will be back '' finally having made the plane to Santiago.

La Chimba Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Great hostel on all counts. My go to place in Santiago. I{ll be baaack. Pity, though, about the racket from next door. Ah, to be 22 ... and deaf .... again. Never mind the noise. Everything else makes up for it.

Now that Palmer's Lodge has established a guest kitchen, it moves back up to the first rank of London hostels. Importatn to point out, though, that the kitchen is pokey (impossible to work in there with more than two people), But it;s still a guest kitchen, after all. The place also had dropped the included breakfast and lowered its prices -- with a paid-for breakfast. This, too, is a move forward.

Palmer's Lodge has pulled its socks up and put its prices down; so it is back amid my list of favorite boltholes in London. The long-promised guezt kitchen, though, is rudimentary. You coulda dun better, guys, but under the circs, I forgive you. Nice move on charging separately for breakfast -- wonderful for free and independent travelers.

Abercorn House Hostel

Once again, a great stay -- if you don't count that little eccentricity of supplying multitudinous kitchens, loads of plates, cups, saucers and eating utensils, but no cooking pots. Oh well, still one of my favorite boltholes in London.

Abercorn House Hostel

Stayed here several times. Will stay here again. But still amused that the hostel provides copious kitchens on every floor along with cups, plates, saucers and cutlery -- as well as refrigerators in the dorm ... but no cooking pots. Yeah, I know the reason is that people kept nicking them. But other, less hospitable, hostels supply pots and pans on a deposit system. Have you considered this, Abercorn? Would make sense, wouldn't it?

G Guest House Itaewon In Seoul

Seoul, South Korea

This may be the first time in years that I ever have bequeathed a hostel a 100 percent rating. But the magnificent G Guest House earns top marks. Other places around the globe could learn much from the lovely owners Shrek and Fiona (gosh, wonder where they got these names).. Everything is top notch. Great location in Itaewon; great dorm rooms; good bathrooms with necessary toiletries on tap; and towels provided. And each morning a magnificent breakfast with eggs, cereal, toast, juice and coffee.

UB Guesthouse & Hostel

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Cosy, comfortable, and congenial. What's not to like? Grand value for the money and the staff is magnificent. At first blush, the place seems a little snug for all those folks. But it turns out to be just right for making friemds with fellow travelers. I shall stay nowhere else in UB tham this wonderful and cosy guesthous. Did I say it was cosy?

365 Inn

Beijing, China

Comfortable, friendly and hospitable place. Not to mention cheap. Great location just shy of Tianabmen. Highly recommended.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Meiningers is the very byword for German efficiency. Neat, clean, well-run and in a superb South Kensington location. There really is nothing wrong with this hostel save this: No guest kitchen. That's a big in this Queen Mary of a hostel. a pretty good second choice.

Dear guest, thanks for your helpful review. We are happy to be rated as your second-choice hostel :-) and hope to see you again soon!! Your MEININGER Team London

Another excellent hostel from the folks who brought you Swiss Cottage. Unless you are going to the Buddhist temple down the road or the Sikh temple across the street, you gotta factor in the bus or Tube ride to the city sights from darkest Willesden. A great -- great -- place for chilling out in the burbs, but a far cry from the London charivari. That said, bloody good all round. Except for the journey. You CAN walk into London (I did), but it's not for the faint of heart -- or faint of feet/

Maya Guest House is a hidden gem. Great value for money, super breakfast and Bali culture on the way there. A note to those who whined about having to walk a long streeet to Maya: It's Bali, people. The walk to Maya is along vibrant street full of culure, shops, food stalls and real Balinese life. I loved it. The place itself is a wonderful alternative to a hostel -- en suite bathroom, multi-channel telly (The Simpsons, no less) and breakfast served in lovely surroundings. Just pennies more.

Adelaide Central YHA

Adelaide, Australia

Top marks in every category. A perfect example of the very best of YHA/HI hostels worldwide. Great kitchen, great dorm rooms - with requisite power point and reading light at each bed., and great hangout rooms. Then, too, fellow guests turned out to be top-notch. All in all one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at in 50 years (yikes) of globetrotting and hosteling.

Perth City YHA

Perth, Australia

Smashing place. I thought the location by the train station was a plus, not a debit. I heard no train noise at night. But peraps being deaf helps.

Khaosan Kyoto Theater

Kyoto, Japan

Friendly, charming and cosy place in the heart of the fabulous city of Kyoto. Excellent. Easy walking distance -- if you fancy it, and I did -- to the myriad sites of the city and to the main Kyoto station. Situated right in the heart of the busy shopping district.

Thank you very much for the comment! we hope you enjoyed all the sightseeing at the endless interesting spots in Kyoto that are basically easy-access by bus or trains from our hoste :) Next time you are here, i hope you can catch the hostel party, too! Arigato again!

Great little place. Splendid location, friendly dog.

Akkogate Guest Hostel

Akko, Israel

As a great fan of the noble Saracen known to the nominally Christian West as Saladin, I was tickled beyond pink that the hostel was on Salah ad Din Street. But that's just me. Great place, all in all. Loved the fridge in the room.

Cosy is indeed the word. Small, charming place, very well located for the best of Tel Aviv. In the major dorm room downstairs, the shower is, shall we say, intimate -- not for the squeamish. A great plsce, all in all. Like Gen. MacArthur, I shall return.

Abercorn House Hostel

Finally, I have the answer why Abercorn House has the odd policy of not supplying cooking utensils though it has copious kitchens. It all has to do with the poor housekeeping habits of some hostel guests twinned with the Abercorn emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene. Good show, Abercorn. After many nights in hostels infested by filthy young people who cannot clean up after themselves, this attitude is a breath of freshness. Abercorn House, you now are my Number One pied-a-terre in London.

YHA Salisbury

Salisbury, England

Comfortable and very convenient for Stonehenge and the magical city of Salisbury.

Things Fall Apart, says the title of Chinua Achebe's best-known novel. So, apparently, does Palmer's Lodge. Deterioration since I last stayed there a few months ago stunned me. I brought a group of 14 based on previous experience there. Wrong move. The staff was inefficient and sometimes rude. Lights and electricity points at bedside did not work -- and were not fixed despite pleading. And the place was in chaos because of renovation. I was promised a guest kitchen would be installed, It wasn't.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Wifi was patchy and staff seemed puzzled by how to reboot the router. But hell, we weren't in Cusco to peruse the Internet. Would have been nice, though, to check email more readily. Great hostel otherwise. My favorite bolthole of choice when next I am in Cusco. And I shall be in Cusco again. Beds were comfy and well outfitted with individual reading light and power point. Well done, Millhouse.

Sumac Chaska Hostel

Ollantaytambo, Peru

The best thing about Sumac Chaska Hostel is its location in the brilliant and lovely Inca village of Ollantatambo. The hostel is on a cobbled street in a place that positively reeks the glorious Inca history. The bed was comfy and warm and the hosts were hospitality itself. A wonderful hostel in a wonderful place for a wonderfully cheap price. Muchas gracias, amigos.

You are very welcome, please come again :) thank you for the review.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Great place, all in all. My second favorite in Cusco. Comfortable beds and great chilling out spaces. Kitchen was a nice feature. But .... each time I used it, it was filthy. Not the fault of the staff, who do their best. But someone needs to tell the brigades of people who use it and do not clean up that their mothers are not with them on the trip. Such a shame that such revolting behavior mars an otherwise brilliant hostel.

Dear guest, thank you for your comment, very sorry about the kitchen troubles you tell us, we are going to put bigger announces to "Keep it clean", and also we are going to do our best to be your favorite hostel at Cusco and the world, waiting for you again, to make you feel at home, best regards, Pariwana Cusco Team

HI NYC Hostel

New York, USA

My fourth or fifth stay at this hostel. It's expensive, but hey, it's New York.

HI San Diego - Downtown

San Diego, USA

Smashing place. Great, hospitable, competent staff. Everything cuts the mustard. Nice warm showers and, yes, warm water at the sinks for shaving ... unlike at that other hostel, which shall remain nameless. Street noise from the jollities on the streets below wafts up into the norms. But hey, it's the Gaslamp Quarter. Fun and games, noisy fun and games, are all the rage. Highly recommended hostel.

Thanks a bunch! You were an awesome guest! See you next time for sure. All the best. HI San Diego Downtown

HI NYC Hostel

New York, USA

I last stayed at this hostel eight years ago. Like the louche and minatory city of New York itself, it has come up in the world since then. It has the greatest kitchen of any hostel I ever have stayed at -- and that's plenty. Beds and rooms were satisfactory and the showers were fine. One bad touch in the bathrooms, though, Unlike the showers, that had copious hot water, the sinks supplied only cold. This give a sharp shock in the mornings when one is shaving. That's a small caveat though.

I stay often at Palmer's Lodge and I'd always bemoaned the lack of a guest kitchen in this favorite bolthole. This trip we discovered a guest microwave. Added to the plentiful free dishes and cutlery, this vaults PL to the top of my London hostel list. Sorry about that, London Eye hostel. The PL free brekkie is much, much better, too.

Hello. Thank you so much for your comment. It's good to know you enjoyed your stay with us even more than last time. And here's some good news for your next visit: soon we will be opening a guest's kitchen. And the breakfast will be having some improvement as well. See you soon!

Derwentwater Independent Hostel

Lake District, England

This hostel gets top marks on everything. A truly wonderful and blessed place. As the estate agent vultures say, location, location, location. But the staff, the amenities and the accommodation itself also cut the mustard. Heartily recommended. And a big shout out to the remarkable and redoubtable Kath.

Ciudad Vieja Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Good place to stay in calm Montevideo and its charming old city. The stairs are a little steep entering the hostel for untested travelers lugging too much luggage. The place has two kitchens; that makes it difficult to find the fridge where guests can store their perishable comestibles. Still, I worked it out after muttering just a few oaths. Stayed earlier in El Viajero Centro. Think I preferred staying here because of the nighttime noise at Centro. Old City much better for getting shuteye.

I tried hard to find something to dislike about this hostel because I didn't want to appear panglossian. But my search was in vain. I liked everything about El Viajero Brava Beach -- even to Lucas the hostel cat. Great stay, great bed, great breakfast, great staff, great en-suite bathroom with copious hot water. A splendid place to stay and chill out in the chill-out capital of South America, Punte del Este. I already have marked my dance card to return to this haven for weary travelers.

Thanks Bernard, it make us really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Always welcome, regards El Viajero Staff

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hostel Suites Florida was smashing -- save for one thing. The guest kitchen was much, much too small to be serviceable. Yeah, we know you have a restaurant downstairs that sells food. But could you, please, think, of the travelers who -- for various reasons, not just cost -- cannot patronize restaurants so often? That one important caveat aside, Hostel Suites Florida is an excellent and welcoming base for exploring South America's Big Apple.

Abercorn House Hostel

A beautifully clean and well locates hostel with a hint of eccentricity. Apart from that, the place would be damn nigh perfect. It has four floors with toilets and showers and kitchens on each floor. Each dorm room has a fridge for storing one's food. And here's where the eccentricity comes in: A kitchen on each floor is ultra convenient, but .... not cooking pans or utensils are supplied by official hostel policy. How odd. And how annoying. My kingdom for a few pots and pans.

Nowhere to sit but in the pub. No kitchen. No life. A pretty dull hostel.

Hi, Sorry that you feel their is no life in our hostel. We have 6 nights of entertainment in the bar with DJ's , 241 drinks deals, 25% off food, two Sky television boxes showing all major HD sports. We are also located within walking distance of cinema's / theatre's and one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe. In the nearby area are restaurants / bars and we are 5 mins from the Thames river and all it has to offer. We feel that life is what you make of it! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

A guest kitchen would make this top of the heap. Ah well, there's a fish and chip shop nearby.

The bumf on this hostel said there'd be a kitchen. The place didn't live up to that billing. Pity, really, because otherwise it's a charming and cool hostel. A Quebecois couple staying solved the problem by using a small portable stove in the splendid chill-out room. Me, I suffered the slings and arrows of restaurants. A kitchen, as promised, would make this a first-class joint.

Dear Bernard, we have never said there is a kitchen. We do NOT have a kitchen. Only restaurant with discount for our guest. If you read carefully you will see you were wrong about the kitchen. Kind Regards.

SR Backpackers

Saranda, Albania

SR Backpackers would be just a good hostel were it not for host Tomi. He makes it excellent. Nay, he puts it into the stratosphere of hostelry. The man is a marvel. He was understanding when I missed my ferry and had to rebook; he even met me at the ferry dock when I arrived and shepherded me to the hostel. Tomi (Mr. No Problem) cooked guests breakfast each morning and a wonderful calamari dinner. He is an honored man among hostel hosts -- and rightly so. Tomi, I thank you. And I bow to you.

HI Monterey

Monterey, USA

Great fun. Comfortable -- except for the guy who snored all bloody night. It was great to fnd, finally, that I was not the oldest habitue of the place. Good all round

A little more up-market than I usually choose in a hostel. But worth the money. It is now my second choice for a London bolthole -- after the fleapit I usually choose for pecuniary considerations. If Palmers Lodge had a guest kitchen, it might could vault to the top of my list -- and hang the expense, which ain't that much, after all. Get a guest kitchen and I shall love you the way the Obama worshippers love their tarnished messianic dear leader. You'd be better value for money, anyway.

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

I once stayed in what was billed as a five-star hostel; didn't hit the mark. The USA Hostel makes no such claim. But it should. It's at least four stars. Everything was pitch perfect, from the sprightly staff to the spotless kitchen and bathrooms, to the free breakfast and the personal bed pods with reading lights and two (two!!!) electric outlets. Just one caveat: The noise from the street outside. Hardly the hostel's fault. It is, after all, bang in the middle of the party hub Gaslamp Quarter.

El Faro Beach Hostel

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Some hostels bill themselves as five-star and fall short. This one doesn't claim that exalted rank -- but it should. Absolutely one of the best hostels we've stayed at in decades of hosteling. Magnificent setting, cheek by jowl to the national park; courteous, considerate and helpful staff; a splendid pool and -- good thing in Costa Rica -- grand air conditioning. For my money, one of the best hostels in the known world. Rock on.

Monteverde Backpackers

Monteverde, Costa Rica

Spartan but cheerful place. OK when it comes to any port in a storm. And Monteverde is plenty stormy.

Costa Rica Backpackers

San Jose, Costa Rica

Staff was a great introduction to the hospitality and charm of the Costa Rican people. This was a pretty good place to land for my first night in the country after a flight from the US. Just a short walk to the center of San Jose, past interesting museums and pretty parks. Hostel had a super pool, a good restaurant, and hammocks for loafing. Thumbs up.

Hotel Formule 1Kings Cross

Sydney, Australia

A cheap hotel of the French pop-in, pop-out type. Handily located on William Street, hard by King's Cross station. Therefore, just right for walking into town and catching the train to the airport. It was a fine place to spend our last night in Sydney after wanding Oz.

Base Sydney

Sydney, Australia

A mass-market hostel from a Down Under chain that does a damn good job. It is Base by name and abase by nature. Great kitchen; a laundry; even an iron. Good place to establish oneself while settling in to Sydney. It even came with entertainment -- of a sort. A good-looking young woman who shared our dorm came home (metaphorically) early one morning with a man she had picked up somewhere. We woke to the familiar sounds of rumpy-pumpy. Then we saw them at it. Hospitality, indeed.

City Hostel

St. John's, Canada

I was in Newfoundland for a trip to L'anse aux Meadows and for St, Pierre et Miquelon. But my stop in St. John's was a treasure, partly because of City Hostel. The place is placed squarely in the middle of the Heritage area. It was very comfortable, easy to find in the city and the staff was very hospitable. Very amused and charmed to find the receptionist who greeted me was from Estonia.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

It quicky became one of my favorite hostels anywhere, in a long lifetime of traveling the globe and hostelling. Full marks to all concerned. Great fun, great breakfast, great wifi, great fellow travelers. Keep it up.

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

I lost a couple of hundred bucks at Fat Camel. And I have a more than sneaking suspicion that one of my fellow guest nicked it from my wallet while I was in the shower. Can't prove it. And there's nothing the hostel could really do to stop that. But still .. it sours the otherwise good experience.